Iowa State Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State Game

According to Go Jacks the Iowa State game has been pushed up to August 28th which is a Thursday @7:00 p.m.

Does this mean that the game may be televised nationally or regionally? If so that would be great publicity for us. I for one expect the Jacks to come into this opener not content for just a good showing. A "W" in this 2008 debut just might make us all forget the poor starts in 06 and 07.

Re: Iowa State Game

The word from Ames is this game would get so lost if it was held on a Saturday that it is better to move it. Thursday night it will be the only game in the state. Students, potential recruits, and the media will all pay attention. It is much better than playing it on the Saturday of a holiday weekend. There is very little chance of it being televised, but I think moving it to Thursday night is good for the Jacks also for all the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
      The word from Ames is this game would get so lost if it was held on a Saturday that it is better to move it. Thursday night it will be the only game in the state. Students, potential recruits, and the media will all pay attention. It is much better than playing it on the Saturday of a holiday weekend. There is very little chance of it being televised, but I think moving it to Thursday night is good for the Jacks also for all the same reasons.
      Imagine how loud the talk will be if we beat ISU on the Thurs before most teams play a game. What a way to ring in the new season. I'll be taking Friday off to celebrate.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I believe Northern Iowa hosts USD that same weekend, and there is talk of a Thursday night game for that one too, at least according to the Panther Nation Message board.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
          I believe Northern Iowa hosts USD that same weekend, and there is talk of a Thursday night game for that one too, at least according to the Panther Nation Message board.
          What a great pre-weekend in late August. The Yotes get it handed to them by UNI (naw I hope they play em tough) and we take the Clones in their house.

Comment

It will get more pub on Thursday, I believe that. It just makes it much tougher for me to go to the game ... six and a half hours one way ... I had already taken Friday off. Now, dare I make it a four-day weekend? Does Ames have the equivilant of the Sidetrack in Lincoln?

I swing through Brook Vegas Friday for a wedding ... it'll give me a chance to pick up my copy of the NDSU DVD ... woooooooooo!

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
              It will get more pub on Thursday, I believe that. It just makes it much tougher for me to go to the game ... six and a half hours one way ... I had already taken Friday off. Now, dare I make it a four-day weekend? Does Ames have the equivilant of the Sidetrack in Lincoln?

I swing through Brook Vegas Friday for a wedding ... it'll give me a chance to pick up my copy of the NDSU DVD ... woooooooooo!
              What is the Sidetrack in Lincoln?
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
              X