yotes start 11-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yotes start 11-0

congrats to the coyotes for starting the mens basketball season 11-0.......congrats my a$$. look at their schedule, presentation college could be 11-0 with that schedule. peru st, dana, midland luthern, two wins against quincy(quincy has one win on the season), they beat chadron(chadron lost to black hills st), they beat neb-kearney(kearney lost to naia hastings) and william penn who almost got beat by peru st. they have two games coming against northern michigan, who has just one win on the season. cant wait till they get to conference play, with a tough schedule like that, they should be ready to finish in the bottom half.

Re: yotes start 11-0

It is obvious that Udot has an entirely different philosophy on athletic schedules. I am a little surprised Boots continues to do that since I really do respect him as a coach. (yes, I did say that) Mierkort addressed the same issues after his football seasaon. They must feel the W-L's are more important than who they play.

Comment

The Yotepuppies do have a very good D-II basketball team. They probably won't lose more than a couple of games during the regular season. Then they'll probably get dropped cold early in the post-season by some lower ranked team. They should have toughened up by mixxing a few tough games into their marshmallow soft pre-conference schedule. Beating up on the Midland Lutherans of the world won't make them a better team in late-season crunch time.
      This space for lease.

Comment

In D-I to get any recognition you need to play whoever wherever.... In D-II its more of just how good of a record you have... you play whoever as long as they aren't ranked at your home place.... It will be interesting when the Peru States are changed with Montana, Wisconsin Milwaulke or Wisconsin Green Bay.... They'll know what real teams are....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          In D-I to get any recognition you need to play whoever wherever.... In D-II its more of just how good of a record you have... you play whoever as long as they aren't ranked at your home place.... It will be interesting when the Peru States are changed with Montana, Wisconsin Milwaulke or Wisconsin Green Bay.... They'll know what real teams are....
          Right JB and when the games are all away from home, seems to make a difference too!!!

Comment

I usually don't delve into smack threads but I couldn't resist here. I did some quick research and here are the Coyotes non-conference foes and their records to date.

TWO, I repeat, TWO teams with a winning record. This almost makes me puke. I hope they get absolutely pissed on in the watered down NCC. UNO is currently 11-1 and have the best out-of conference schedule next to the "mighty" yotes (left uncapatalized on purpose)!!!

(7-8) - Dana (NAIA)
            (3-9) - Chadron State
            (1-8) - Truman State
            (4-8) - Nebraska-Kearney
            (12-2) - William Penn (D-III)
            (6-7) - Regis University
            (3-9) - Colorado St. - Pueblo
            (2-8) - Peru State (NAIA)
            (5-4) - Quincy University (Lincoln, IL)
            (1-8) - Truman State
            (3-11) - Midland Lutheran (NAIA)

Next Opponents (at Augie's Holiday Classic - I won't even get into that):
            (1-9) - Northern Michigan
            (4-6) - Mary

Combined Opponents Record (including two upcoming opponents):
            (52-97) - .349 winning percentage
            Last edited by BTownJack; 12-27-2007, 04:13 PM. Reason: Forgot Peru St. game / Modified to say "TWO teams with a winning record"

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Combined Opponents Record (including two upcoming opponents):
              (52-97) - .349 winning percentage
              Good thing they had William Penn and Quincy or they wouldn't have any team with a winning record...This is and has always been their philosophy. Just wins, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                Good thing they had William Penn and Quincy or they wouldn't have any team with a winning record...This is and has always been their philosophy. Just wins, baby!
                Dogs now 12-0 after a win over an awesome 1-8 Northern Michigan team. Next up? Mary. What a murderer's row schedule!
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Can't wait for the reality check when they get manhandled by Winona State or our old friends over at Minnesota State Mankato. The pup fans will be just devastated!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well, the UDot Puppies are now 14-0 after beating Northern Michigan for the second time in four days...yikes, scheduling a crappy team to play you three days after you're already scheduled to play them?

Boots really knows how to schedule them...No wonder Stu wrote that the usd(d-1?) MBB home opener next fall is going to be against Viborg...
                    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../1135/SPORTS05

Comment

I think the UDot fans better think twice about making travel arrangements to Massachusetts for the Elite Eight after falling to a one-trick-pony Augie team yesterday . . .

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                        I think the UDot fans better think twice about making travel arrangements to Massachusetts for the Elite Eight after falling to a one-trick-pony Augie team yesterday . . .
                        Seems like Meierkort might have been doing the basketball scheduling. Not too tough to be undefeated with a pathetic non-conference slate like that. No wonder they fell like a ton of bricks to the first halfway decent team they played. Can't wait to see how they'll do next year in their first games vs. D1 competition. It's a whole new ball game.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

hew, hew, hew, (uncontrolled breathing) Did they really lose to Augie????????????????????????????????????????????? ??? Im in Montana, but was unprepared for this. Thats really sh#$%y, i luv it, lol. Just the other day I saw one of my FB coaches with a USD shirt on, and I said... what the hell is that (they all know I wear SDSU apparel) . He said south dakota state shirt, I said WRONG, USD shirt. He apologized and said his nephew coached at that other school a while ago. ( I still had to slap him, and he swore to never wear that shirt again).

OK I didnt slap him, but I wanted too.
                          Last edited by Rabbit3467; 01-13-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I see usd2 found out how to get back to their winning ways. NAIA Hastings was Monday night victim. Wow, what a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              I see usd2 found out how to get back to their winning ways. NAIA Hastings was Monday night victim. Wow, what a schedule.
                              Can't wait for the UXDs to play some quality teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X