Dale Hall - Ravinia - 2325
    Terry Dupris - Chyenne-Eagle-Butte - 2323
    Ray Taken Alive - McLaughlin - 2321
    Colby Fitzgerald - Dell Rapid St. Mary - 2294
    Jim Dyer - Willow Lake - 2256
    Ryan VanZee - Armour - 2246
    Steve Brown - Hamlin - 2212
    Dennis Smith - Glenham - 2186

17 others with at least 2000 points. Eric Kline is the "big school" leader with 2025.

Interesting list. More players from before the 3 point shot than after. There are a couple of these guys and towns I have never heard of. Anyone want to fill in some details on some of these guys, like when the graduated, and where Glanham and Ravinia are?

I really think that Mueller would have beaten the record if his Dad would have let him play as an 8th grader. He started every game in his high school career. I know Taken Alive and Fitzgerald both played a lot in their 8th grade year.

Re: High School scoring leaders

Glenham is west of Selby and Ravinia is straight east of Lake Andes about 5 miles.

Comment

Thanks for the list, CW. Interesting to see some of these names. I believe Milt Sorenson used to ref BB games when I was in high school (68-72) and is that the same Dale Hall (Ravinia) that was the superintendant in Wagner at one time? Funny to know some of these men and did not know they were such good athletes. Of course, I am quite a bit younger...lol

Comment

very tempted to edit out "quite a bit" ahead of the word "younger" in Jack4Life's post.

Comment

Hey, JD, don't you have some gifts to wrap?

Comment

Working...
          X