2008 Gateway Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Gateway Predictions

Hello. As a Bison fan, I congratulate you on last season.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to ask you something.

What do you think will happen next year in our new conference. Will UNI continue to dominate? Or will one of us step up and clinch the title?

Who will get the marker? (As an NDSU fan I have my opinion)

Re: 2008 Gateway Predictions

My best guesses at this point: UNI will be favored but NDSU scares them and they are mindful of what SDSU can do. Prediction: both NDSU and SDSU beat UNI and NDSU and SDSU play for the conference title...why not!

Re: the marker. SDSU's the up-and-comer program and streaks are meant to be broken. Two will be broken in 08: SDSU's inability to win a football game in Fargo since 1962 or 63; and, the home team's hold on the Dakota Marker.

It'll be a great conference battle this year. The top Gateway teams risk injuring each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison 101 View Post
      Hello. As a Bison fan, I congratulate you on last season.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to ask you something.

What do you think will happen next year in our new conference. Will UNI continue to dominate? Or will one of us step up and clinch the title?

Who will get the marker? (As an NDSU fan I have my opinion)
      We are going to have to start the conference season strong. Not something we have done early in the year the last couple of seasons. I'd like to see us be a factor in the Gateway right away but its a tough conference. We are going to need some big wins on the road. I think we can do it but it is certainly going to be challenging.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Until someone beats them, UNI has to be considered the favorite. Youngstown probably will be in the mix, too. But SDSU and NDSU should be major factors right away. Judging from what Jacks fans encountered this year with Youngstown, UNI and Western Illinois, the conference is deep and about to get deeper.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Until someone beats them, UNI has to be considered the favorite. Youngstown probably will be in the mix, too. But SDSU and NDSU should be major factors right away. Judging from what Jacks fans encountered this year with Youngstown, UNI and Western Illinois, the conference is deep and about to get deeper.
          Let's not forget about SIU. I am not sure if they lose a bunch of players and I know that there head coach, Kill, is leaving for Northern Ill, but I still would not rule out them being a major player either. I can not imagine anybody running the tables in the conference next year.

Comment

Working...
          X