Bobby Petrino Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Petrino Resigns

According to Rivals.com Bobby Petrino is done in Atlanta to coach the Razorback's.

Re: Bobby Petrino Resigns

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150783

ESPN has the story too.

Bobby Petrino abruptly resigned Tuesday as Atlanta Falcons coach after 13 games, and multiple sources told ESPN he is negotiating an agreement to become the new coach at Arkansas.

Petrino and his agent had been talking with the Falcons about his preference to return to the college ranks. He had only left Louisville in January, agreeing to a five-year, $24 million contract to coach the Falcons.

Arkansas had no immediate comment on its coaching search, but called an 11:30 p.m. ET news conference in Fayetteville for a "major announcement." Petrino is expected to attend.
    (more at link)
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Was listening to ESPN Radio on the way home and they had a guy from the sports radio affiliate in Atlanta on talking about his resignation. He didn't name names but the four or five guys on the team that he spoke to were pissed off! Matter of fact, he said that Petrino probably won't address the team because there would be a few guys that would like to ring his neck.

Supposedly he was all about passion and commitment and made a habit of calling players out and questioning their heart and commitment to the team. Then when the going gets tough, he gets going to the hills of Arkansas.

Pretty weak stuff! Kind of makes Saban look like a standup guy!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        Was listening to ESPN Radio on the way home and they had a guy from the sports radio affiliate in Atlanta on talking about his resignation. He didn't name names but the four or five guys on the team that he spoke to were pissed off! Matter of fact, he said that Petrino probably won't address the team because there would be a few guys that would like to ring his neck.

Supposedly he was all about passion and commitment and made a habit of calling players out and questioning their heart and commitment to the team. Then when the going gets tough, he gets going to the hills of Arkansas.

Pretty weak stuff! Kind of makes Saban look like a standup guy!

SUPERBUNNY
        Sportscenter interview DeAngelo Hall right after the announcement... needless to say Mr. Hall seemed a bit miffed. I would think this kind of publicity might hurt Petrino's recruiting efforts...a sense of a lack of credibility perhaps. On the other hand, it would have been hard for both Arkansas and Petrino to weight to the end of the NFL season and still get in quality recruiting time.

Comment

I actually have some inside info on the whole bobby petrino resignation.

Here's basically how things went down. Bobby was recruited to coach at Arkansas (and from what I am told he always wanted to coach in the SEC), but Arkansas pressured him and said sign by Monday or your not going to be our coach. Bobby told the owner he was going to AR but he would stay and coach the last three games. The owner said if your leaving for AR your done now.

He actually offered to stay but I dont think you will ever here about that in the media. They are really going after him right now. (Of course I've had many people say he is an A-hole, including some of my sources)

Comment

Working...
          X