• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

SDSU football to play Huskers in 2010
    By Wire reports
    Comment Print Email PUBLISHED: December 5, 2007

LINCOLN, Neb. – The Nebraska Cornhuskers have scheduled South Dakota State University for its nonconference football schedule for Sept. 25, 2010.

The dates of two nonconference games on Nebraska’s 2008 football schedule have been changed, and the Cornhuskers announced the addition of three opponents for 2010.

The 2010 schedule has been completed, with Nebraska playing Western Kentucky (Sept. 4), Idaho (Sept. 11) and South Dakota State (Sept. 25). A previously announced game at Washington is Sept. 18, 2010.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71205048

SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Nebraska's 2010 schedule lists SDSU on September 25.

Comment

Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Nice catch JackJD - here is the link to the article

2010 Husker Schedule Finalized

Nebraska has also announced that it has finalized the 2010 football schedule with the completion of contracts for three non-conference home games that season.

Nebraska will play host to contests against Western Kentucky (Sept. 4), Idaho (Sept. 11) and South Dakota State (Sept. 25) adding those games to a previously announced non-conference matchup with Washington in Seattle on Sept. 18, 2010. All of those contracts were finalized earlier this fall.
      http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1346442

Comment

Re: SDSU football to play Huskers in 2010

This is pretty big for us, especially since the new coaching change at Nebraska!

The SDSU athletic admin is doing a great job.

Comment

Re: SDSU football to play Huskers in 2010 and Illinois in 2011

SDSU football to play Huskers in 2010, Illinois in 2011

BROOKINGS – South Dakota State University has signed agreements to play at the University of Nebraska and the University of Illinois in football during the 2010 and 2011 seasons, respectively.

The game at Nebraska is scheduled for Sept. 25, 2010, in Lincoln. SDSU and Nebraska have met in football one other time, with the Cornhuskers winning 58-7 during the 1963 season.

“There’s a lot of excitement in our program and we look forward to the huge challenge of playing at Nebraska, but that’s what our program has been about throughout our move to Division I,” said SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier.

The matchup with Rose Bowl-bound Illinois is slated to be played Sept. 10, 2011, in Champaign, and will mark the first meeting between Illinois and SDSU in football.

“When you say ‘Big Ten’ that means something and we’re excited to go play a team of that caliber,” Stiegelmeier said.

SDSU now has secured games against Big Ten and Big 12 Conference opponents from 2008-2011. The Jackrabbits are scheduled to play their first-ever Football Bowl Subdivision opponent at the Division I level in the 2008 season opener at Iowa State. The Jackrabbits also are slated to play at Minnesota on Nov. 14, 2009.

The Jackrabbits completed a 7-4 season in 2007 by winning the Great West Football Conference title — its first conference championship as a member the Division I Football Championship Subdivision and overall since 1963. SDSU, which will move to the Gateway Football Conference in 2008, has posted a winning record in each of its four seasons since moving from NCAA Division II to the FCS level.

Comment

Wow! This is great news for SDSU. Over on bisonville they are practically crying that we scheduled Nebraska before them.

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post
              Wow! This is great news for SDSU. Over on bisonville they are practically crying that we scheduled Nebraska before them.

The arrogance over there is overwhelming...and I like NDSU.

This is great for SDSU football and SDSU athletics in general. My congrats to the athletic administration! You guys and gals never cease to amaze us!!

Once again........IT'S a GREAT DAY TO BE A JACKRABBIT!!

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Nebraska's 2010 schedule lists SDSU on September 25.
                What a great schedule of games to come. Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraksa and Illinois. I had heard about Nebraska, but the Illinois game caught me looking. I have been telling my Udot aquaintances about us playing the Big Red and you know what there response was. They thought the bull**it flag was going up the pole. Didn't AD Nielsen lead us to beilieve they were getting them on the schedule. Don' know why I bring them into this exciting day for the Jacks.

Comment

Moderators - can you merge the two related threads into one?

Comment

Great day to cheer for the Blue and Yellow. The Athletic Dept. shows once again why SDSU has succeeded in the transition - great planning and scheduling. Can't wait to be in Lincoln for this one! And it is pretty funny to see the reaction on bisonville. You would think they were playing in the FBS championship next month by their response!
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Yeah, as if it wasn't exciting enough to see we're playing Iowa State and Minnesota, now I jump on and we're playing Big Red and Illini?

Wow. I love Jackrabbit athletics!
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                        What a great schedule of games to come. Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraksa and Illinois. I had heard about Nebraska, but the Illinois game caught me looking. I have been telling my Udot aquaintances about us playing the Big Red and you know what there response was. They thought the bull**it flag was going up the pole. Didn't AD Nielsen lead us to beilieve they were getting them on the schedule. Don' know why I bring them into this exciting day for the Jacks.
                        I'm going to guess President Chicoine had a hand in getting us on Illinois' schedule. All great news. No surprise to me that good news keeps flowing out of athletics. They have strong leadership and a great team at work over there.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was talking with a friend who goes to Nebraska and we thought it would be awesome if SDSU could end up in Lincoln within the next 10-15 years. 3 years though, that is awesome!!

Comment

I just looked up ticket info on Big Red's website.....tickets not available thusfar....drats!!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
                              I just looked up ticket info on Big Red's website.....tickets not available thusfar....drats!!
                              A sellout streak dating back to the early 60's pretty much assures that you won't find any tickets that way. You will be able to find some outside the stadium, probably below face value the day of the game. Go Jacks!!!!!!!!
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X