Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDSU Volleyball - Try it, you'll like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Volleyball - Try it, you'll like it!

As posted in the Nebraska match thread, I have started to go to the volleyball matches for the first time this year. My exposure to volleyball was watching my niece play small-town high school volleyball which was great fun because of my niece but otherwise had no real interest.

The talent, athleticism, passion, and intensity that the SDSU team brings into a match is awesome. The matches are fast-paced and everyone gets into the action. I was really suprised by how much fun the matches are. Before this year I was a typical SDSU fan that made the football and basketball games. I'm hooked on volleyball now! My guess is that many other fans would be to if they give it a chance.

That's my challenge to the SDSU fan out there that hasn't been to a volleyball match or not in recent years, give it a try! You will find it to be as entertaining as any other sport that SDSU has to offer!

Thanks for making a volleyball fan out of me and congrats on a year that will live forever in the record books!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: SDSU Volleyball - Try it, you'll like it!

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    As posted in the Nebraska match thread, I have started to go to the volleyball matches for the first time this year. My exposure to volleyball was watching my niece play small-town high school volleyball which was great fun because of my niece but otherwise had no real interest.

The talent, athleticism, passion, and intensity that the SDSU team brings into a match is awesome. The matches are fast-paced and everyone gets into the action. I was really suprised by how much fun the matches are. Before this year I was a typical SDSU fan that made the football and basketball games. I'm hooked on volleyball now! My guess is that many other fans would be to if they give it a chance.

That's my challenge to the SDSU fan out there that hasn't been to a volleyball match or not in recent years, give it a try! You will find it to be as entertaining as any other sport that SDSU has to offer!

Thanks for making a volleyball fan out of me and congrats on a year that will live forever in the record books!

SUPERBUNNY
    Agree 100%. While we were living in Rochester, MN they had a semi-pro womens voleyball team (Rochester Chill). It was a blast to watch them play. I went to 2 games at Frost this year with my 6 year old and 3 year old daughter and they loved it. Make it a priority to attend as many matches as you can next year. You will not regret it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Agree 100%. While we were living in Rochester, MN they had a semi-pro womens voleyball team (Rochester Chill). It was a blast to watch them play. I went to 2 games at Frost this year with my 6 year old and 3 year old daughter and they loved it. Make it a priority to attend as many matches as you can next year. You will not regret it.
      The first time I saw women's volleyball was at the 1996 Olympics. Other than basketball (and perhaps hockey) volleyball is, in my opinion, the most exciting indoor spectator sport.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I made it to my first match this year and loved it and would encourage others to take in a match next year. I hope to make to more next year and it would be great to see matches scheduled the same days as football games. Have a match in the afternoon during night football games and play at night when football games are in the afternoon. I would think this would make to easier to attend matches and a good way to increase attendance .

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
          I I hope to make to more next year and it would be great to see matches scheduled the same days as football games. Have a match in the afternoon during night football games and play at night when football games are in the afternoon. I would think this would make to easier to attend matches and a good way to increase attendance .

I'll second that motion. I've been to a few matches over the past 3 seasons, most if not all on the same weekend as a football game. It's a fairly long trip, so I like to catch more than 1 game in a weekend if possible
          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

I haven't made it to a volleyball game at SDSU since the last year of D-II. It's a bit too far. It would be great to have a game the same weekend as a home football game. I watched a few times on Jackrabbit Extra this season. I think some of my friends thought I was crazy. They haven't realized yet how much fun volleyball can be.

I have noticed that attendance at our high school games seems to be a bit better that least season or two. I think that this sport is about to make some huge gains in popularity in South Dakota.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
              I made it to my first match this year and loved it and would encourage others to take in a match next year. I hope to make to more next year and it would be great to see matches scheduled the same days as football games. Have a match in the afternoon during night football games and play at night when football games are in the afternoon. I would think this would make to easier to attend matches and a good way to increase attendance .
              SDSU has done exactly this. The SUU football game was in the afternoon and the volleyball team played that evening. They also had a volleyball/ womens basketball doubleheader. Check the schedules at gojacks.com

Comment

I can watch volleyball in person or on TV. It is pretty exciting to me. I do get made fun of for that though. Oh well. They don't know what they are missing.
                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                X