Twins Trade Garza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins Trade Garza

I'm no Twins fan but I can't believe they made this deal. They traded away Garza, Bartlett and one other player to the Devil Rays for Delmon Young, and two other players (one was a SS).

Can definitely tell there is a new man in charge in Minny. How do you Twinks fans feel about this????
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: Twins Trade Garza

I think Terry Ryan saw the writing on the wall and left before the Pohlad purged the team.

What a joke

The taxpayers pony up the dough for a nice ballpark(due to the bitching and moaning of the Pohlads saying they can't spend money unless they have a new ballpark). What do they do? Let Hunter walk, trade Garza, and soon trade Johan - Way to go Pohlads. You lost alot of fans...

Comment

I heard on the radio a week or two back that Tampa Bay isn't the "Devil Rays" anymore, just the "Rays."

Seems "Devil Rays" was associated too much with "losing."
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Seems like an FBS/FCS thing to me Filbert
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Sounds like a pretty shakey deal to me, but time will tell. Personally, I was a big fan of both Garza and Bartlett and am sad to see them go. Young is a pretty solid player though, being the runner-up for American League rookie of the year. Also, shortstop Brendan Harris will be able to hit for power, which is something the Twins have lacked from their middle infielders.

Comment

Originally posted by agrabbit18 View Post
            Sounds like a pretty shakey deal to me, but time will tell. Personally, I was a big fan of both Garza and Bartlett and am sad to see them go. Young is a pretty solid player though, being the runner-up for American League rookie of the year. Also, shortstop Brendan Harris will be able to hit for power, which is something the Twins have lacked from their middle infielders.
            Tough to say. I think the Twins think they have some good young arms. Young has a lot of upside and the offense definitely needs some help especially with Tori off to Cali.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I like this deal. Delmon Young is a legitimate power hitting outfield prospect, something the Twins do not have in their organization, and will be able to fill in Torii Hunter's spot in the lineup. Brendan Harris is also a nice bat as he hit .286 with 12 HR and 35 2B this season, although I really liked how Bartlett played the end of last season.

Delmon Young will just be starting his 2nd full season in the majors and will be a few years away from free agency. He's a former #1 overall pick, so again, this is a top notch talent. Pridie is also supposed to be a decent OF prospect as well.

If there was one thing the Twins had a strength in the organization, its young starting pitching. Garza is good, but getting Liriano back from injury, plus having Slowey, Bonser, Blackburn, and Baker.

Time will tell who got the better end of the deal, but for now I think the Twins did alright.

Comment

a lot of people like this deal but unless they lock up santana now its a joke of a deal.... Nobody swaps top prospects nobody it doesn't make sense.... The Twins could of got a lot more for Garza the only reason the propsed deal made some sense was so they could unload Rincons salary but Smith chickened out and offered a prospect instead.....This is upsetting they pushed this new ball park like if it got built they would resign there good players and not let there young studs walk away.... Hunter was over paid and it would of been dumb money to offer more then the Angels but Santana who has not had a history of injuries counter offered the Twins a pretty fair deal.. but the Twins don't know this they hate long contracts which I don't understand, if anything the Pohlad family knows that inflation is big and the economy is going to sh*t so lock him up long term with a worthless dollar......

As far as the Devil Rays changing there name to the Rays yes it was to signify change or more likely P.E.T.A. didn't like but thats just a guess

Comment

Working...
                X