SDSU mentioned in Pat Forde's ESPN.com Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU mentioned in Pat Forde's ESPN.com Dash

If This Were The Other Kind Of Football …
    In England, they have a pretty cool soccer meritocracy where you have to earn the right to stay in the division you're in. The bottom team is sent down a division, while the top team from the division below is promoted.

Imagine if that were applied to college football heading into 2008, with demotions from I-A and promotions from I-AA. The Dash imagined just that, conference by conference, using the Sagarin Ratings as a guide and trying to keep promotions and demotions within geographically feasible boundaries:

Mountain West (31). Demoted: UNLV (No. 121). Promoted: South Dakota State (No. 90) of the Great West. Ancillary benefit: Traveling fans cannot lose near as much money in Brookings, S.D., as in Vegas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...t&lid=tab1pos1

Re: SDSU mentioned in Pat Forde's ESPN.com Dash

Wow, what a burn for that school from Missoula . . .

He has NDSU going into the Pac 10 replacing Stanford, while the Griz get to go to the WAC replacing Idaho.

The WAC. Heh.

For SDSU, I'm fine with the Mountain West . . . let's get that Wyoming rivalry cooking!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Great find, rep points for that one. Bring on the Cowboys.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Great mention for both Great West Conference Teams.
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I was just going to post this!

Awesome.

Comment

Forde also gives some props to Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois! That's only four (4!) 2008 Gateway teams mentioned. We are going to have our hands full next season and beyond but it sure is gonna be fun!

FYI - Sagarin of 90!; Imagine if we can figure out how to get off on the right foot!
            Live & Breath Yellow, Bleed Blue! GO RABBITS!

Comment

Working...
            X