NCAA nationals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA nationals...

I know the selection is over the weekend, but does anybody know how many teams qualify for the NCAA women's volleyball tournament? I'd also be interested in learning which teams already have automatic bids. Anyone? Anyone?

Nebraska got beat. Hmmm. Didn't think that was possible.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: NCAA nationals...

I believe it is similiar to the basketball. 64 teams are selected. The frist 2 rounds are held at campus sites tbd. My insiders tell me that we may end up at Lincoln in the 1st 2 rounds to be held Nov. 29- Dec. 2.

Comment

I just caught this in Terry's blog while he was live at the WBB against Missouri:

The SDSU volleyball team just got back into town and was introduced at halftime. Got a standing ovation. They’re still smiling. Selection Sunday for the NCAAs is one week away, but later this week I’ll give you the early line on SDSU’s most likely scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        I believe it is similiar to the basketball. 64 teams are selected. The frist 2 rounds are held at campus sites tbd. My insiders tell me that we may end up at Lincoln in the 1st 2 rounds to be held Nov. 29- Dec. 2.
        If this is true, I think a road trip is definitely in order.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          If this is true, I think a road trip is definitely in order.
          The only thing that i have heard is that the NCAA does like to create road trips and takes that into consideration when making pairings.

Comment

Does anyone have an idea of where you can get tickets? My wife is going to be in Lincoln that weekend for a cont ed class and wants to go whether or not the Jacks are playing there.

Comment

Working on getting a fan bus for students set up. Why not get 500 or 1000 Jacks fans to the game?

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                Working on getting a fan bus for students set up. Why not get 500 or 1000 Jacks fans to the game?
                ya that would be awesome!

Comment

only one reason ... husker fans. they will snap up those tickets so fast it'll make your head spin. they love that volleyball team. tickets will be at a premium ... although i'm sure sdsu will be entitled to its share. don't go down there thinking you can just pick them up, though. the huskers have been losing about a match a year the past few seasons. and since they just lost their first of this year, they probably don't plan on letting the jacks off too easy.

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    only one reason ... husker fans. they will snap up those tickets so fast it'll make your head spin. they love that volleyball team. tickets will be at a premium ... although i'm sure sdsu will be entitled to its share. don't go down there thinking you can just pick them up, though. the huskers have been losing about a match a year the past few seasons. and since they just lost their first of this year, they probably don't plan on letting the jacks off too easy.
                    It's crazy. More than 100 straight sellouts in the 4,000-seat coliseum. Read all about the task ahead (assuming that's where we end up): http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.d...D=23&SPSID=399
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

From Terry's Blog:

In doing some research and talking to a buddy who covers the sport in Omaha, my best guess right now is that the SDSU volleyball team will wind up taking on defending champ Nebraska in Lincoln to open the NCAA tournament. The logic: The NCAA keeps things as regional as possible, SDSU has an RPI of 133 with only one victory against a team ranked higher (Lamar) meaning it will likely be one of the five lowest qualifiers in the field and the Cornhuskers are ranked No. 2. (Other options: at Wisconsin, Kansas State or Colorado State.) And, traditionally, Nebraska opts for the Friday-Saturday format when it hosts the first round. No inside info here, just history, reason and research. Stay tuned Sunday.
                      (read more)

Comment

During the Missouri girls basketball game they interviewed the volleyball coach for SDSU. They asked him if he had any idea where they would play their first round, not really he said. But one thing he did know was that SDSU probably would not play one of the top 5 teams in the country. There are other conferences that have lower RPI's than the winner of the Summit League and they would probably play the top 5 RPI teams. I think Nebraska has the No. 2 overall RPI at this time. So based upon his comments I don't think we will be playing Nebraska.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

From last Sunday's Lincoln Journal Star:

Nebraska’s hopes of hosting first- and second-round NCAA Tournament matches at the Coliseum were bolstered Saturday when South Dakota State clinched the school’s first Division I postseason berth. As champions of The Summit League, the Jackrabbits are a likely candidate to be sent to Lincoln.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Well, if we play Nebraska, that means we have the chance to beat Nebraska.

A win against Nebraska's volleyball program would be one of the biggest wins ever in the history of SDSU in any sport.

"That's why you play the game."

Bring on the Huskers!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Check out gojacks.com
                              I noticed on the event calander it said Volleyball, Saturday @ Maine.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X