• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 recruit

http://www.yankton.net/stories/11200...19094229.shtml

No surprise here

Re: 08 recruit

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

It will be interesting to see if he takes a crack at kicking for SDSU? I watched Yankton twice this year. He's a great all around athlete... played safety and QB, but really enjoys kicking according to my source. He was the kid that kicked the 54 yarder against Roosevelt, and I can't even begin to guess how many tackles he had that game! Like I said...great all-around athlete and kid!

Great get for the baseball team!!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It's amazing how SDSU going D-I took away so many opportunities for South Dakota kids. Where the heck are all these backward-thinking naysayers these days?
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        It will be interesting to see if he takes a crack at kicking for SDSU? I watched Yankton twice this year. He's a great all around athlete... played safety and QB, but really enjoys kicking according to my source. He was the kid that kicked the 54 yarder against Roosevelt, and I can't even begin to guess how many tackles he had that game! Like I said...great all-around athlete and kid!

Great get for the baseball team!!

Go Jacks!!
        Layne is a great kid with great parents from a community that is ready to embrace the Jackrabbits. How tough would it be to set up some goalposts and a net by the baseball field and put a bullpen in at CAS? I think we can get it done!! What about tailgating for baseball? I'd be all for that.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Layne is a great kid with great parents from a community that is ready to embrace the Jackrabbits. How tough would it be to set up some goalposts and a net by the baseball field and put a bullpen in at CAS? I think we can get it done!! What about tailgating for baseball? I'd be all for that.
          With a new on-campus field, I think this will happen more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            Congratulations to Layne and his folks. Missed them at our Yankton Jackrabbit Club meeting last night. I asked them what was going on at our last meeting and he was still looking. Glad to hear the news and probaly know why they missed last night.

Comment

Congrats Reggie and crew, way to keep our best talents in state. Looking forward to catching a few games this spring.

Comment

Congrats to Layne's dad, Dan, a Jackrabbit football player and weight thrower for the Jackrabbit track team (and outstanding student, too! -- Pharmacy major).

Comment

Jeff Fish - Milbank

Jeff Fish of Milbank signed on with the Jackrabbits to play baseball.

His strengths are defense and speed. Jeff is the shortstop for Milbank with great defensive skills and good range. He will need to become a better hitter, but he has good speed on the bases.

Jeff was also recognized as a member of this year's Argus Leader Elite 45 for football. The following is the summary in the Argus Leader Elite 45 story:

Jeff Fish - Milbank, WR-DB

Fish was a big-play receiver for the Bulldogs, averaging almost 19 yards a catch on his 48 receptions. Nine went for scores.

On defense he had 12 interceptions and 32 tackles.

Fish had 71 receptions for 1,257 yards in his career.

He plans to play baseball at South Dakota State.

“Jeff is the most athletic player I have ever coached,” said Coach Jeremy Tostenson. “He has an unbelievable burst and incredible leaping ability. He provided our team with big plays in all areas.”

Comment

Re: Jeff Fish - Milbank

Gman.......Is Fish still planning to play baseball for the Jacks? There is someone posting on another board that he will not attend SDSU. Hope he's wrong.

Originally posted by g_mandakota View Post
                    Jeff Fish of Milbank signed on with the Jackrabbits to play baseball.

His strengths are defense and speed. Jeff is the shortstop for Milbank with great defensive skills and good range. He will need to become a better hitter, but he has good speed on the bases.

Jeff was also recognized as a member of this year's Argus Leader Elite 45 for football. The following is the summary in the Argus Leader Elite 45 story:

Jeff Fish - Milbank, WR-DB

Fish was a big-play receiver for the Bulldogs, averaging almost 19 yards a catch on his 48 receptions. Nine went for scores.

On defense he had 12 interceptions and 32 tackles.

Fish had 71 receptions for 1,257 yards in his career.

He plans to play baseball at South Dakota State.

“Jeff is the most athletic player I have ever coached,” said Coach Jeremy Tostenson. “He has an unbelievable burst and incredible leaping ability. He provided our team with big plays in all areas.”

Comment

Working...
                    X