The Play of the Day Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Play of the Day Poll

Saturday's game had a lot of plays that impacted the outcome of the game, but which one of these plays would you vote for as the Play of the Day.

I set the poll up so you can vote for more than one play if you wish.

I think you can make an arguement for any one of these plays.

Go State!!!
    Blocked Punt by Cole Brodie
    9.72%
    Aanonson Punt Return for TD
    15.28%
    Koenig TD run on 4th and inches
    38.89%
    Jimmy Roger's hit on Roehl to force fumble in 4th Quarter
    23.61%
    Brock Gentile Interception to seal victory
    12.50%
    Last edited by NorCalJack; 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: The Play of the Day Poll

You don't put in goal line with Koenig in the backfield he will make you pay. And he did.

Comment

The deal wasn't sealed until Brock's int.

Comment

I voted for the hit on Roehl but wasn't it Chris Johnson that stuck him?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
          I voted for the hit on Roehl but wasn't it Chris Johnson that stuck him?
          I went back to the Play-by-Play listed on GoJacks.com and they credited Jimmy Rogers for the tackle.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I think Koenig's TD run on 4th down was when the Bison faithful realized that this game just might not go according to plan. The two subsequent turnovers the Jacks forced just confirmed that it wasn't going to be the Bisons' day. And the blocked punt and the punt return were important, but the Bison overcame those to take a lead.

The Koenig run is the play that stands out to me. The Bison fans got a lot quieter after that play, IMHO.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
              I went back to the Play-by-Play listed on GoJacks.com and they credited Jimmy Rogers for the tackle.
              If you watch the replay on the Craig Bohl show it shows Jimmy standing up first and then Chris letting go of him and getting up a bit slow. That was a nasty hit!
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Tough choices...all great factors in the outcome...and at the time each happened, they were game-changing plays. But had to go with Cory's run because of the circumstances. We don't make the first down, time is running down, and the Bison have the lead and the ball.

Of course, who can forget the defense holding them, and then the offense making the long drive with most downs needing an outstanding play to keep us going. All in all, just a great day of great plays!

Comment

Wow! What a great question and so many excellent plays to chose from. Not to lesson the impact of the Brock interception but that was a poorly thrown ball. The punt return was awesome. However, given the time of the game and the consequences if not successful puts the Koenig's run at the top of the list. This takes nothing away from all the great plays the Jacks made during the game.

I bet the play that created sleepless hours is when the Bison elected to punt on 4th and short at the Jacks 45.

Congrats Jacks and all the great plays.

Go big, go blue, go Jacks

Comment

tough choice, very tough. But I had to go with Koenig because that is what put us back in the lead. Getting the lead back was a huge lift, as things hadn't gone that well offensively in the 2nd & 3rd quarter. I showed the Bison we weren't going away.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Shoot, didn't realize you could vote for more than one until after I voted! On impact alone, I'd say the Koenig run was the top play, but athletically, what Aanonson did was incredible. To field a punt cleanly after just getting brushed by a defender, and then to make a couple guys miss and return it for a td, that's tops for me. He'll be missed next year.

Comment

Impossible choices but I went with the blocked punt and here's why:

We held the Bison. They missed blocking assignments and didn't protect their excellent punter. We capitalized. The Bison coaching staff had been preparing the team for a tough challenge but you have to wonder if there was maybe a one per cent factor that they thought they were going to win no matter what. The blocked punt inserted some doubt into their minds. They weren't comfortable for much of the game after that point.

The blocked punt showed the Jackrabbit players that the Bison, while 10-0, were another football team, a darned good one, but one that could be beaten.

Comment

I also think the hit in the endzone by Gentile to break up the touchdown should be included in this.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
                            I also think the hit in the endzone by Gentile to break up the touchdown should be included in this.
                            I would agree but on that same play Jimmy Rogers got called for defensive holding which negated the hit Gentile made. Although I agree it was a great hit!

Comment

Working...
                            X