This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha loves the Jacks

Wonder if the mav ladies caught this while picking up after the breakfast rush at Micky D's? Wonder if they found someone to read it to them?

From Saturday's Omaha World Herald:

South Dakota State Football: WI products ready for final collegiate game

Cory Koenig and Brock Gentile have a chance today to end their South Dakota State football careers in grand fashion.

The Jackrabbits (6-4) hope to spoil North Dakota State's perfect season when they host the 10-0 Bison at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium in Brookings, S.D. The championship of the five-team Great West Football Conference is on the line, as both teams enter with 3-0 league marks. North Dakota State is No. 1 in the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) coaches' poll.

Koenig, a 5-foot-10, 205-pounder from Underwood, Iowa, is a three-year starter at tailback. The 5-10, 190-pound Gentile graduated from St. Albert High School in Council Bluffs, and is a two-year starter at cornerback.

Full article: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10187137
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Omaha loves the Jacks

Another 7-4 season to go with the other 100 seasons that you have had just like it. As far as your conference championship goes...even a blind pig finds an apple every once an awhile. We are going for a national championship!! Big difference. Go Mavs!!!

Comment

And that my friend sums up the difference between you and us. Three hours+ away, in a different state, in a city with a team going for a D-2 championship, SDSU is getting as much love as you in the local newspaper.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks_Rock View Post
        Another 7-4 season to go with the other 100 seasons that you have had just like it. As far as your conference championship goes...even a blind pig finds an apple every once an awhile. We are going for a national championship!! Big difference. Go Mavs!!!
        West Central High School rocks!!!
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

7-4 yawn??? No playoffs... yawn??? Another average season Brookings High!!!

Comment

7-4 yawn??? No playoffs... yawn??? Another average season Brookings High!!!
            Transition, genius!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

There is indeed a "big difference". It's at a lower level. That's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                Transition, genius!
                How many years are we going to hear that excuse?? The only reason that you won your conference is because it is medicore other than NDSU and you had them at home. It will probably be another 50 years until you win another. Win four in a row like us and then we will talk. If you want to watch playoff football (if you even know what that is) come down to Omaha on Saturday!!

Comment

How many years are we going to hear that excuse?? The only reason that you won your conference is because it is medicore other than NDSU and you had them at home. It will probably be another 50 years until you win another. Win four in a row like us and then we will talk. If you want to watch playoff football (if you even know what that is) come down to Omaha on Saturday!!
                  Excuse? Try reality. You'd understand if your school had enough ambition to lead rather than settle for the MIAA HA HA.

Mediocre conference? Want mediocre? Try your NCC/Northern Sun this year. Want more mediocre? Then look no further than the MIAA HA HA.

Four in a row? In the watered down NCC/Northern Sun. BFD. Four in a row for uno=Four quite exits against other weak teams in watered-down D2.

One thing about watching playoff football this Saturday in Omaha, you certainly won't have any trouble finding a seat, unlike last Saturday in Brookings. (And please save your excuses about competition from the Nebraska-Creighton bball game, Christmas shopping, college football on TV, the Callahan firing press conference, helping the homeless, fear of drive-by shootings, etc. etc. Once again, all the sports radio shows in Omaha will be trying to give away tickets to your big playoff game and people will call in to see if they can get free movie tickets or a free pizza or Whopper or a free UNO card game instead.)
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Those grapes are so sour, I think you must have mistaken chokecherries for grapes. You're in the D-II playoffs. Goodie for you. But it's lame beyond belief to try to use the D-II playoffs as smack against a D-I team. SDSU isn't in the NAIA or D-III playoffs either, because SDSU plays at a higher level of competition.

And the GWFC mediocre? According to Sagarin, the GWFC is rated 4th out of 15 FCS conferences.

Comment

The only reason that you won your conference is because it is medicore other than NDSU and you had them at home.
                      Even if that were true, and its not, why is your hometown paper having feature articles about our program's games and players? Haven't seen a feature on UNO players in the Argus, haven't seen anything about your playoff game? You even have conference teams in the coverage area and there is nothing here. Never mind answering, I know already. It is because you are D-2 and we are not. You are not D-1 and we are.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

No offense to Mav..or wait, maybe a little...but I had no idea where the "Mavericks" were from until this year. I'm a senior in college at SDSU and I had no idea who you were. When you were on here last year I thought you were some D-III school or something. NO CLUE! That may be me not knowing or me not paying attention at all, but I follow college sports pretty closely. And the only reason I know who the Mavericks are is b/c you're on here blabbing all the time. Otherwise I would have had no clue. People don't care about you up here.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                          No offense to Mav..or wait, maybe a little...but I had no idea where the "Mavericks" were from until this year. I'm a senior in college at SDSU and I had no idea who you were. When you were on here last year I thought you were some D-III school or something. NO CLUE! That may be me not knowing or me not paying attention at all, but I follow college sports pretty closely. And the only reason I know who the Mavericks are is b/c you're on here blabbing all the time. Otherwise I would have had no clue. People don't care about you up here.
                          Nicely done.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't believe that somebody from the watered-down and now washed-up NCC is mocking an FCS conference that includes Cal Poly, UC Davis, SDSU, and NDSU. Any of those teams could mop up the floor with your cute little Mavs.

Oh, but that MIAA is awesome. By the way, what in the heck does MIAA stand for? Missing in Action Athletics? Mediocre Inland Athletic Association? Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association? Enjoy that... whatever it is.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                              From the mouths of babes....

You get rep points from me, amigo!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X