Great West Alliance Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great West Alliance Champions

So how many SDSU fans consider their Great West Title a win that breaks the 44 year conference drought. I want honest answers. I checked the NCAA and they list Cal Poly and Southern Utah as D1 FCS independants. I always thought that they didn't consider a scheduling alliance a true conference unless there were 6 teams. I know it sounds like smack but I think this is an honest question that needs honest answers. If indeed the NCAA considers the Great West to not be an official conference than techincally SDSU still hasn't won a conference title in 45 years. I know as true blue Jackrabbit fans you don't want to accept handouts and really want to know the true facts now don't you.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Great West Alliance Champions

coyote fan, when you have time in your busy schedule, go to ncaafootball.com. click "division 1 championship". then click "standings". the headline says, fcs CONFERENCES. the 6th conference down, is the great west CONFERENCE. i dont see the word alliance anywhere. so dont say that the ncaa doesnt recognize the great west as a conference. and dont forget to click on standings on the same line where it says great west. it shows sdsu winning the conference with a 4-0 record.

Comment

It will make no difference what we ever do, Coyote_Fan will always find some kind of a negative to validate his train of thought. I repect him for being a die-hard fan and there is nothing wrong with that, but finally he has to admit sometime that SDSU has done something good. Possibly monitoring Udot's transition over the next four years may show that fact. Good luck, Udot, you will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        So how many SDSU fans consider their Great West Title a win that breaks the 44 year conference drought. I want honest answers. I checked the NCAA and they list Cal Poly and Southern Utah as D1 FCS independants. I always thought that they didn't consider a scheduling alliance a true conference unless there were 6 teams. I know it sounds like smack but I think this is an honest question that needs honest answers. If indeed the NCAA considers the Great West to not be an official conference than techincally SDSU still hasn't won a conference title in 45 years. I know as true blue Jackrabbit fans you don't want to accept handouts and really want to know the true facts now don't you.
        In a few hours, Coyote_Fan will return and ask us to quote whoever claimed that the GWFC is not a conference.

It's becoming a pattern. In the scheduling thread at AGS, he said:

"I know good and well why Poly doesn't want to and probably won't go to USD because they know the Coyotes are a much different team at home."

Then, when everybody jumped on him, he said:

"For those that are saying Poly would be scared to play at USD please quote who was the one that said that."

So... In answer to your forthcoming question "Please quote who was the one who said the GWFC is not a conference?"... the answer is you, Coyote_Fan. You said it.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hmm... GWFC. That is an acronym for something, isn't it? Oh yeah, its Great West Football Conference. Funny that he should make fun of the only conference in FCS that will even give USD the time of day. Oh wait, I guess it's an alliance, so apparently USD isn't in a conference yet either.

Comment

The GWFC is a conference, no ifs ands or buts about it. It has been recognized in the last 2 years as one of the toughest FCS conferences going. But I wouldn't expect you to know that, why would you look into where you are going?
            I'd certainly call it more of a championship than your 3 way tie with 6 team conference banner you have hanging in the dump. We hadn't won one in 44 years and I would not have celebrated if there was a 3 way tie with Poly and NDSU for the GWFC.

Just something to ponder
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

This Jackrabbit fan clearly considers this a conference championship. Anyone that does not has no clue how difficult is was! Just how difficult is in the Yotes future. Again, I've been a season ticket holder since 1989/90 season and my memory is very clear as to the Yote / Jacks football games. Just let me remind you of the outcome of those games.

Overall: Jacks hold a 14 - 3 advantage

Games at CAS: Jacks 7 - 1 advantage Jacks

Games at the dump: Jacks 7 -2 advantage Jacks

Of course we all know the Yotes never lose at home! That's because you no longer play the Jacks, the Bison or UNC at home.

With the mind set you have entering transition you have my sympathy!

Go big, go blue, go Jacks

Comment

This is the type of rhetoric that Coyote_Fan and Coyote fans are famous for. They question it now but will come back down the road and work the other side for their convenience.

Evidently what is good for SDSU is good enough for USD since USD is becoming a member of the GWFC!

Face it Coyote_Fan you are and will always be our little red-headed stepchild!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Every honest observer calls this a conference championship. Are you going to continue to dismiss the GWFC even after USD becomes a member of it? I expect your talking points will have changed by then.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
                    Every honest observer calls this a conference championship. Are you going to continue to dismiss the GWFC even after USD becomes a member of it? I expect your talking points will have changed by then.
                    They're too busy whining because they're not being treated as the saviors of the GWFC after being allowed to join it.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Coyote-Fan,
                      usd2 will never win the Great West Football Conference. News flash for you, you do not get to play all your games at home against sub-par competition. There was only 1 team in the GWFC that you mutts would have stayed in the game with and that was SUU, and only if you had played them at home.

Comment

I'll say to USD what the NDSU fans chanted to the SDSU team a few years ago in bball..."GO PLAY MOORHEAD!"

Comment

I find it ironic that a USD fan would question anything regarding conference makeups. Take a quick look at the current NCC makeup and try to make any real point about conferences, championships or whatever. If that's not a mixed bag of "scheduling alliances" I haven't seen one. Has Rhode Island Community College called you guys back yet about that opening date of 10 from next season's football schedule?
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I have read a lot of coyote fan's posts but this one disturbs me because this is the conference usd is moving in to! Why try to belittle such a solid group of teams? Its not just offensive to us but to udot's future conference mates. Burning bridges or at the very least laying the kindling to start the fire before the yotes have played one down is very arrogant and, while I hope the U succeeds, cheering for people that think like that makes it frustrating. I need that banging my head on the wall icon!
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Old Coyote Fan just dropped a bomb on the AGS GWFC site. He is going to get fried.
                              http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=33147

Coyote Fan...you have just stepped into the "Top Five Annoying Poster List" that the folks over at AGS vote on every year. Have fun you putz.

Advice to CoyoteFan...You're on a "Big Boy" football board over there, not that weak d2football board you've been used to. You think you get ripped here? Keep driving down the same road you have been for the past week over there and you will get a lesson.

Did SDSU's win over NDSU this past Saturday actually send you over the deep-end?? If so you might want to consult your physician...you're talking wacky over there.

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X