This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD fans still don't get it

Since Coyote_Fan and SD4Never are AWOL since we won the Great West title, I had go looking for them. I found Coyote_Fan at anygivensaturday.com. And I had to to bring this classic post home to SDSUFANS for your enlightenment. This is from Coyote_Fan, posted today on AGS:

"Lets not forget that USD is doing the Great West just as big of a favor as the Great West is going for USD. Without USD and UND the Great West would be as good as dead. USD should be showed some goodwill because the conference is benefitting as much as USD is. I don't think it's asking the world for one home game. If the Great West cannot even gaurentee USD one frickin home game than USD should either not join until 2009 or not join at all. If USD is going to play only road games why shouldn't USD just sign contract with Gateway teams or from a closer conference. They would be playing on the road anyway and the travel costs would likely be lessened. UND's game with Southern Utah was done pre conference anyway so that shouldn't gaurantee UND a home return game the next year. USD isn't getting any home returns next year from McNeese or Central Arkansas and they have already played those schools. I know good and well why Poly doesn't want to and probably won't go to USD because they know the Coyotes are a much different team at home."

Three almost unbelievable points in there.

1. Coyote fans are angry that they won't be getting any home GWFC games next year. (Anybody recall how many road conference games we had in year one of transition? Answer: Four.) Recall that the GWFC is letting the UxDs in a year early but the California teams don't want to play both UxDs in one year because of what it would do to their playoff bid.

2. Coyote_Fan is actually suggesting they dump the GWFC and just call up Gateway teams for games. Why didn't we think of that when we were a non-counter? I'm sure you could get a full schedule of Gateway games just by calling them up and asking! What can you say when faced with that kind of arrogance?

3. (My favorite one) Coyote_Fan actually suggests that Cal Poly is afraid to play USD in the DakotaDump(TM) Anybody here think Cal Poly (Barden, Dally, Noble all back) will have any trouble with USD no matter where they play? The Coyote "D" (probably more like an F) gave up 28 a game this year against a mostly D2 schedule. I'm thinking Cal Poly might hang 70 on them. Where's SloStang when I need him. Calling SloStang...

Wow. Anybody here surprised that USD fans think they're entitled to special treatment from the other GWFC members? Or that they still don't understand (after being outscored 55-7 by two FCS teams) what they're getting into?

Here's the AGS thread:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=32972
    Last edited by JimmyJack; 11-18-2007, 08:49 PM.
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: USD fans still don't get it

The more important issue here is why didn't USD get a home-n-home out the the McNeese & UCA games? I thought they did. But for 2009 when USD is a counter.

Next year for USD, like 2004 for the Jacks will be REALLY BAD.

They, like UCA need to find the existing FCS that has a FULL home slate in 2008, but are short in 2009, and WANT A road game in 2008. If I was in the USD AD's shoes, I'd look at all the other football playing transitionals, and get a home n home set up.

NC Central
    Presbyterian
    UCA
    Stoney Brook
    Albany
    MAAC teams
    Pioneer teams.
    SWAC's?
    Southland schools (2fer1's)

I think that they are in a BAD situation, and that they will play a substantially weaker schedule of teams that SDSU worked out.

UND made strides as they HAVE MADE the home n home arrangements ahead of time. THAT'S why UND will be more successful that the 'Yotes, especially '08 schedule wise.

Comment

How many games does USD have scheduled for next year? I've heard 2. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        How many games does USD have scheduled for next year? I've heard 2. Yikes.
        Supposedly they have Missouri-Rolla for homecoming. Southeast Louisiana, Montana State, and UNI all on the road; plus their GWFC schedule, all three of those games on the road.

Too bad Valpo won't play scholarship teams anymore... Hey... maybe they could get William Penn to come up.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I've heard they only have two locked in, the other two were all but done but hadn't been inked.

Coyote_Fan needs to realize this: USD is asking Augie to take money from them for a game and Augie's response is "Uhm, we'll get back to you, OK?"

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I saw the same post over on AGS about 2 hours ago. Needless to say, my neck hurts. Its that arrogance and ignorance that make dealing with yote fans damn near impossible. Many of them are smart people who are successful in life but you start talking yote athletics and they think their some sort of gift to the rest of us. What in the hell are they basing that on?

Meirkort, Boots, Lavin, etc.. know what they are up against. Transition is hell for a reason. Get a clue. Some advice, learn about a process before you undertake it. Its just incredulous that these yote fans don't get it yet. This is DI. This is how it is. The rules and regulations are just that. You comply with them or you don't move up.

In a way, its gratifying to read that BS because it confirms what I've alway held as truth. Yote fans are the most arrogant and ignorant of any. Thats not an insult by the way, thats just a fact.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

For those that are saying Poly would be scared to play at USD please quote who was the one that said that. I went back and didn't find anyone mention that. Poly knows that if they got USD in California that they would almost certainly win. If they traveled to Vermillion there is a chance they could get beat. UND already has better success in common games then SDSU. They won the same year at UNI that SDSU lost to them. They beat So Utah more soundly on the road than SDSU beat them at home. UND has proven that they have played very well against D1 FCS opponents. USD hasn't played well against D1's as of yet but they have been on a near even level with UND for most of the past 4 years. It's fair to say that if Poly played at USD that there would be some doubt with the outcome. At the same time that isn't to say that Poly would be scared to play them at USD.

And it just got worse. Coyote Fan has gone over the edge

I seriously feel for Poly and Davis. SloStang has to be shaking his head right now.

By the way, the place where he said that Poly would be afraid to play in the dome
              I know good and well why Poly doesn't want to and probably won't go to USD because they know the Coyotes are a much different team at home."
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                And it just got worse. Coyote Fan has gone over the edge

I seriously feel for Poly and Davis. SloStang has to be shaking his head right now.

By the way, the place where he said that Poly would be afraid to play in the dome
                To be fair, I don't think the admin and coaches at Udot are as delusional as some of the more vocal fans. They know transition is like death valley. You take your lumps and just try to survive. I think our relative success is a little hard for them to swallow. Some how yotefan thinks what we have done allows them some assumption of success. Its not relevant. Udot has to do it on their own. Even if they want to ride our coat tails, the rules of the road prevent them from doing so. Best advice, lower your head and approach programs showing humility and being humble. Ask for favors but don't expect them. Be willing to go the extra mile and when you get smacked on the back of the head say "thank you sir, may I have another". Transition is a lot like bootcamp, it sounds horrible because it IS HORRIBLE.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There is a reason that USD joined the Great Conference even with the stipulations..... because there was nothing better and no other way to get any sort of contracts for the future.... Teams like USD scare schools into scheduling because the last thing a playoff eligible team wants to do is loose to a non counter.... The NAIA teams should get ready to travel to the Dump but if I were them I would be asking for a pretty hefty check in return....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    To be fair, I don't think the admin and coaches at Udot are as delusional as some of the more vocal fans.
                    I think Doc is absolutely right and we have to separate Coyote Fan's ravings from the rank and file 'Yote fan. I have no idea what the rank and file 'Yote fan may think but surely it cannot be the same as what Coyote Fan is saying. Coyote Fan prides himself on being at times critical of USD's football program out of some sort of sense that it makes him objective etc. By reminding us that he calls out the program from time-to-time, he then feels justified in saying that he is just reporting "facts" and therefor his posts carry some weight.

The few USD fans I have spoken with about the transition -- and it is just a few because I'm not very interested in engaging them in conversation on that subject -- are nervous. Those fans support the move but only because they feel they had little choice. But they are concerned the transition, especially scheduling, may be as difficult or more difficult than it was for SDSU.

Comment

Coyote Fan, I know your lurking and are trying to come up with something you think is intelligent to say. My suggestion is to just shut down the computer and go to bed. You've just had a bad bad night.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

It's nice to be such an acknowledged member of the Jackrabbit fan board. My comments have been referenced from the USD board, the d2football.com board, and now the anygivensaturday.com board. I could probably be a more interesting writer for the Argus than all the others combined. In journalism it's not whether your liked or hated but whether you are read. Maybe I should write a book because I can't write anything without it getting immediately linked up to this board. I will let you all know when my book is on the shelves because some of you would run to the stores to buy it in moments notice. Maybe I am really Stu Whitney like some have already probably thought was the case.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          It's nice to be such an acknowledged member of the Jackrabbit fan board. My comments have been referenced from the USD board, the d2football.com board, and now the anygivensaturday.com board. I could probably be a more interesting writer for the Argus than all the others combined. In journalism it's not whether your liked or hated but whether you are read. Maybe I should write a book because I can't write anything without it getting immediately linked up to this board. I will let you all know when my book is on the shelves because some of you would run to the stores to buy it in moments notice. Maybe I am really Stu Whitney like some have already probably thought was the case.

Well it will have to be filed under Fiction, becuase none of the crap you type is true.
                          Last edited by 2002jack; 11-18-2007, 11:05 PM.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                            Coyote Fan, I know your lurking and are trying to come up with something you think is intelligent to say. My suggestion is to just shut down the computer and go to bed. You've just had a bad bad night.
                            Good one, eqguy.

Another example of...ummm, trying to find the right word....let's just say 'unusual' exchange with Coyote Fan is the following from USD's fan message board. I started a thread in the board's Wide World of Sports section, advising SDSU won the football game with NDSU etc. I had the opening post, Coyote Fan responded, and I added a followup. Here they are:

My starting post:
                            "SDSU 29, NDSU 24

SDSU wins the Great West Football Conference title, ruining NDSU's undefeated season (going into the game, NDSU was 10-0). SDSU reclaimed possession of the Dakota Marker trophy, the trophy given to the annual border-battle winner."

Here's Coyote Fan's response:
                            "I don't think SDSU has won a legitimare conference title which would keep their streak alive of not winning one since 1963. I don't believe the NCAA recognises a conference unless it has at least 6 schools. If SDSU had played in a full conference they would likely have not won the title. It's very unusual for a 4 loss team to have won any kind of title. I do congradulate SDSU on defeating #1 ranked NDSU and winning their alliance title."

And here's my followup:
                            "I won't hold you to your statement if in the near future USD runs the table on the GWFC."

Here's the link to the thread if you want to see it: http://coyotesports.proboards100.com...ead=1195416495

I had no intention of mentioning the foregoing on this, the SDSU fan message board. But, after the other posts discussed above, I thought my exchange on the USD board corroborates what others have said here.

Saturday afternoon, after the great Dakota Duel at CAS, I saw not only the Dakota Marker but I also saw the Great West Football Conference championship trophy (a very handsome, large plaque). Don't try to tell me or our colleagues at Cal Poly, UC-Davis, NDSU or Southern Utah that the GWFC isn't real.

Coyote Fan...as eqguy said, you've had a bad day. You're not making a great deal of sense. Give yourself a break and go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              Actually, I think Stu Whitney has a few brain cells...no mistaking Coyote_Fan for him. Will be interesting (barely) to hear his drivel next year about this time!

Comment

Working...
                              X