Weather (or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather (or not)

With 16 hours to go before the kickoff, latest weather prediction on Weather.com:

Game Day
    9:00 am 32 degrees; mostly cloudy
    Noon 41 degrees; partly cloudy
    3:00 pm 43 degrees; mostly cloudy

10 to 20 mph wind from the east

Re: Weather (or not)

And no thunder all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I stopped at Scheels in Sioux Falls on the way up from KC and dropped about $200 on SDSU gear, so I'll be ready for action tomorrow afternoon . . .

(I went a little nuts really, but hey, why not?)
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wrong ... the Bison will hear thunder aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall afternoon. Every Jack touchdown will add to that headache.

Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Be careful...Thunder is the name of the Bison mascot.

I'm bringing my cowbell. Kolpack's column in the Fargo Forum talks about how such noisemakers are "legal" in football (until the NCAA steps in, he predicts. Link to the column:
          http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...5d53433c227e35

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I stopped at Scheels in Sioux Falls on the way up from KC and dropped about $200 on SDSU gear, so I'll be ready for action tomorrow afternoon . . .

(I went a little nuts really, but hey, why not?)
            There's some cool gear out there. My wife and I dropped just under $250 in the bookstore before the SUU game last weekend. I've been told we're making a return trip (to the bookstore) tomorrow but I'm not sure I'll make it. I'll be in the Alumni Tent scooping ice cream before the game. Stop by!

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;69418]Be careful...Thunder is the name of the Bison mascot.

Actually Thundar is the name of the bison mascot, so no worries.

Comment

[quote=Rabbit3467;69421]
                Be careful...Thunder is the name of the Bison mascot.

Actually Thundar is the name of the bison mascot, so no worries.
                I didn't know about the distinctive spelling...thanks! The unusual spelling makes sense: they pride themselves on a different pronunciation of Bison (Buy-zun).

The bottom line: Jackrabbits get the W in front of a huge crowd.

Comment

I want to hear our PA say several times: ANOTTHER JACKRABBIT FIRST DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or with each kickoff, EVERYONE ONE UP, THE MARCH IS ON!!!!!!!!!!

Opps just a bad dream, I dreamed I was in the Fargodome tomorrow. Thank god it was just a bad dream. Looking forward to nice weather and a great game.

Comment

Anybody have the locally produced forecast, especially for rain?

I see weather.com has about a 20-30% chance or rain, and Accuweather has about a 1-2% chance. Radar shows rain moving in tonight, but I'm wondering about the game itself.

Just wondering if I should bring a rain parka and rain covers for my camera gear.

Also, anybody know which, if any, parking lot around Coughlin Alumni Stadium would the easiest/fastest to get out of after the game?? I need to get back to Fargo to shoot the men's BB game at 7 PM, and it's going to be fairly tight to get back for tipoff.

Thanks and looking forward to a great game!!

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy View Post
                      Anybody have the locally produced forecast, especially for rain?

I see weather.com has about a 20-30% chance or rain, and Accuweather has about a 1-2% chance. Radar shows rain moving in tonight, but I'm wondering about the game itself.

Just wondering if I should bring a rain parka and rain covers for my camera gear.

Also, anybody know which, if any, parking lot around Coughlin Alumni Stadium would the easiest/fastest to get out of after the game?? I need to get back to Fargo to shoot the men's BB game at 7 PM, and it's going to be fairly tight to get back for tipoff.

Thanks and looking forward to a great game!!
                      That's a good question. I would suggest using the Performing Arts Center parking lot (coming in from I-29, first exit (north of campus), to 22nd Avenue, south to the first right going towards Frost Arena and football stadium, you will come to the PAC. It's a block walk to the stadium, and if you hoof it over there, you are on the fringe of the eastside parking, have an exit to the east and also one to the north (both will be busy, but you don't have far to go from there to get out of the traffic.)

Comment

thanks for the recommendation!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I want to hear our PA say several times: ANOTTHER JACKRABBIT FIRST DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or with each kickoff, EVERYONE ONE UP, THE MARCH IS ON!!!!!!!!!!

Opps just a bad dream, I dreamed I was in the Fargodome tomorrow. Thank god it was just a bad dream. Looking forward to nice weather and a great game.
                          Yeah, that would be great. We could all sit in a nice warm quanset-type tin building with fake grass and be told when to cheer. Then, we wouldn't have to put on a jacket, hat, and gloves to watch a real game on real grass.

Sorry for the smack-ish comment. I agree with Nidaros on the announcers up north.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                            Yeah, that would be great. We could all sit in a nice warm quanset-type tin building with fake grass and be told when to cheer. Then, we wouldn't have to put on a jacket, hat, and gloves to watch a real game on real grass.

Sorry for the smack-ish comment. I agree with Nidaros on the announcers up north.
                            Teee-heee! Funny.

Should be a whale of a game.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Weather Channel and KELO have temps today in BTown @ 45 degrees with light winds out of the east. Looks good. I could hardly sleep last night, worse than Christmas when I was a kid. Got up at 3:30 to put the chili on for the tailgating. Leaving at 8:00, in the backyard at 10:00. Better go pick out my wardrobe (which SDSU apparel to wear today). See you there...

Comment

Working...
                              X