Predictions for NDSU vs. SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for NDSU vs. SDSU

Well, somebody has to start it so I'll be the guppy!

This has the potential to be a classic football game! Two teams playing at a very high level, rivals, and a conference title on the line to boot. This is one of if not the biggest game in the history of Coughlin Alumni Stadium!

Here's what I see. This is going to be a war in the trenches which is where we can gain an edge. They have a slight edge in the skilled postitions and in the defensive backfield. We have the edge on special teams.

That all makes this thing about even but I like the jacks becasue they have been doing a great job on defense of coming up with the big play at the right time. They make enough of those plays tomorrow to carry the Jacks to victory and carry of the Dakota Marker!

NDSU - 28
    SDSU - 34

A very hardfought game that everyone enjoys but the 'Bits get the W!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Predictions for NDSU vs. SDSU

I'm not touching this one. Vegas would probably favor NDSU and then try to "hook" a few people with a marginal spread.

We need to control the lines of scrimmage, which will be tough. I think we need to win the turnover and field position game. A lot of that will come down to special teams and I like our special teams. Hopefully the Bison are a little sloppy and penalties fall in our favor.

I think NDSU can win even if things don't go as smoothly for them. They are one of the best teams at the FCS level and we saw what happened with UNI when we didn't play our best. That said, we are a different team since halftime of the Georgia Southern game.

As I said, not touching this one.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I too thought about UNI and NDSU they seem to be at the same level. IF the Jacks played UNI now as they will NDSU I think they have a good chance. The Jacks will need the questionable calls to fall their way (Amazingly enough even at home we don't seem to get those), but when all is said and done I think the Jacks will have the want and will power to pull this one out. Warning to all Jacks Fans - If the fall behind early don't leave - They always come back.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        I too thought about UNI and NDSU they seem to be at the same level. IF the Jacks played UNI now as they will NDSU I think they have a good chance. The Jacks will need the questionable calls to fall their way (Amazingly enough even at home we don't seem to get those), but when all is said and done I think the Jacks will have the want and will power to pull this one out. Warning to all Jacks Fans - If the fall behind early don't leave - They always come back.
        We are a resilient team, this is a fact.

My prediction... Parker redeems himself after Georgia Southern with a 42 yd field goal with 6 seconds on the clock for the win, 31-30, in front of 16,587.

Comment

Jacks 49
          Bison -21

Jacks win by 70.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I think that's a good point of comparison. Our team has come a long way since that UNI game.

Jackrabbits: 31
            Bison: 27

Attendance: 16,719
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

20% NDSU blows out SDSU
              60% NDSU wins a close game
              20% SDSU wins a close game
              0% SDSU blows out NDSU

Comment

Jacks by 7

Comment

When I think of this game I keep picturing Rocky IV. There will be some point in this game maybe late in the second half where it seems like the Jacks just can't do anything right and then something is going to go our way and it'll sound like this
                  "HE'S CUT, THE RUSSIANS CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then the Jacks go on to a well fought victory. I'm guessing 34-31
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

In keeping with the positive vibes I've promised all week...

Last Week's Fourth-Quarter Jacks: 31
                    Last Week's First-Three-Quarters Bison: 30

The conference title drought ends and the fans rush the field. Better strap down the goal posts, boys. And here's my final prediction...

Attendence: 16,507
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

...Warning to all Jacks Fans - If the fall behind early don't leave - They always come back.
                      This is so very true. And, I think if it comes down to winning at the end, having the fans in the stands helps get the team over the hump.

Great day to be a Jackrabbit and tomorrow it gets even better.

Comment

Agreed ... but the same is certainly true of the Bison. Should be whale of a game, eh!

Warning to all Jacks Fans - If the fall behind early don't leave - They always come back.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by No_Skill View Post
                          20% NDSU blows out SDSU
                          60% NDSU wins a close game
                          20% SDSU wins a close game
                          0% SDSU blows out NDSU
                          That's a fitting name NO SKILL.

Comment

31-28 NDSU
                            Rivalry game=close

Comment

Just for fun lets take a look at the common opponents.

SDSU Lost to Western Ill. in 4 over times 26-29. Same kind of hard hitting game NDSU had but The BISON put them away in regulation. In fact the BISON had the game well in hand by the half. Jacks big weakness was rushing defense giving up 244 yds.

SFA was a complete romp for the Jacks. They scored in every quarter and held the Lumberjacks to a shutout. Even at that they only had 364 yds total offense. NDSU on the other hand racked up 571 total yds on the way to a 28-19 win. How is it that the Jacks won 45-0 and NDSU with all those yards only put up 28? Turnovers. SFA gave up 5 to the Jacks. NDSU gave up 5 to SFA. Clearly in this comparison NDSU had a much better day capped by 350 yds rushing! Giving up 5 turn overs and winning also says something.

SDSU got Cal Poly at home and won 48-35. Again they scored in every quarter. Both teams had huge offensive stats. SDSU had an impressive 502 yds and the Mustangs rolled up 433. They did most of their damage rushing with 398 yds! The Jackrabbits had a good day too rushing for 320 yds.

Things were a little more modest in the NDSU game. NDSU solidly out gained the Mustangs by 100 yds doing most of the damage through the air. Again the big difference was turnovers. The Jacks collected 2 fumbles and didnt give the ball up. NDSU gave up 2 int, 1 for a score and 2 fumbles. They still won.

Neither team really had trouble with SUU. Both scored almost at will but SDSU gave up a lot of passing yards. The Jackrabbits also collected 5 ints and 2 fumbles. No wonder these guys are +12 on the year! NDSU also collected a few turnovers and Walker had a great day.

What does that tell me? If NDSU hangs onto the ball they should be able to sustain drives mainly on the ground with Walker striking when he has to. Give the Jackrabbits their game, if they can get it, and NDSU still wins.

Im sticking with my 8 pt spread and over/under of 62. The Jacks are at home, have had success against the BISON there, so if your are a Jacks fan hedge your bets. Take the Jackrabbits the points and bet the over. On the other hand its very possible the BISON could have a big day. BISON fans should take The BISON and the over.
                              www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X