Wofford Article on Josh Conklin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wofford Article on Josh Conklin

A Wofford fan posted this on the AGS site and I thought fans/friends of Josh might like reading this.

http://goupstate.com/article/2007111.../1001/SPORTS02

Mods - not that you need my permission but I didn't know where to place this thread so move it if you must.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: Wofford Article on Josh Conklin

Nice find. Josh Conklin was a heck of a good coach and like the article basically states, a great guy too.

Comment

Yeah, I was real impressed by Josh while he was here and was sad to hear that he left. He brought a lot to the table as a coach and a person.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I think it's got enough of an SDSU football hook to be in the Jackrabbit Football section . . . play on!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Good find.

Comment

Good find!!!

BTW, Wofford is the SoCon Autobid winner heading to the play-offs (GA Southern's conference)

Good to see SDSU trained coaches making a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              Good find!!!

BTW, Wofford is the SoCon Autobid winner heading to the play-offs (GA Southern's conference)

Good to see SDSU trained coaches making a difference.
              I think we can also discuss Conkliin as one of the many good coaches who SDSU has not been able to retain. Mostly its about money. It was argued when we were D2, that we did not expect our assistants to hang around for ever, and that is why we pay low salaries. Supposely we were letting asistants to use SDSU as a stepping stone, and that has happened way to many times over the last 30 years. We need consistentcy in coaching as much as anything else. We cant begin to have that consistancey with a revolving door. If an assistant gets an offer we should try to counter at a mimimum. We need the staff that can work with the head coach and work as a team with the fellow assistants.

Comment

Working...
              X