In The Zone - Talking SDSU/NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Zone - Talking SDSU/NDSU

Try the link below to listen to "In the Zone" with Jeff Cullhane. Coach Bohl from NDSU will be on a little later.

If you haven't checked out Jeff's show before you should. Just tune out whe he's talking yotes or Huskers. Tubby Smith will be on at 4:35 talking about the upcoming year and of course signing Colton.

I spoken to Jeff personally and he supports SDSU/NDSU and the move to DI. He played FG at DWU. I don't ask him about USD, thats his business. Great show, check it out if you have time.

http://www.kvht.com/category.cfm?cat_id=12
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: In The Zone - Talking SDSU/NDSU

Coach Bohl will be on next. I'm curious to hear what he'll say. Probably not a lot of substance but I'm curious all the same. I think Jeff will keep the game as the topic.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Coach Bohl will be on next. I'm curious to hear what he'll say. Probably not a lot of substance but I'm curious all the same. I think Jeff will keep the game as the topic.

Can you provide a detailed recap Doc, I can't seem to get a chance to listen...
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Just listened to Coach Bohl speak.....have to say he is a very classy person. I don't think he is one to run anyone down. He spoke highly of SDSU and looks forward to a big game.....Like doc said, not alot of substance but well spoken. Jeff tried to pin him down on a couple comments, but Coach Bohl took the high road and wouldn' take the bait......I think there is a lot of respect for each others programs and schools.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          Can you provide a detailed recap Doc, I can't seem to get a chance to listen...
          He didn't say a whole heck of a lot. He said "should be a whale of a game" about 8 times. Jeff asked him about the transition and how great it must be to competing on the field with SDSU for another conference championship. They talked alot about the comeback against Poly and how unlikely that was. Talked a little about Walker and how accurate a passer he is. Talked about our D-line and about other improvements on the field SDSU has made since moving to DI. Really nothing specific about the game Saturday.

Jeff asked him about the bowl game issue. Coach stated that they beat a FBS team that will probably win their conference and beat a Big 10 team and since they aren't eligible for the playoffs they want to explore other options. He then reassured Jeff that his focus and the teams focus was on the game this weekend. He then said he expected a "whale of a game" for the 10th time.

They ended talking about the death threat against one of the NU coaches. That was about it. Didn't miss much. Should be a whale of a game Saturday.

No disrespect intended towards Coach Bohl, I just thought he said whale of a game a few too many times.

Lame duck coach Lavin is on the air now. I think I'll watch Oprah.

Comment

Thought Coach Bohl did a good job. He didn't let himself get sucked into some of the leading questions and headed them off before Jeff was done. No disrespect to Jeff, this is what he is supposed to do, but thought Coach Bohl handled it very well. Not a lot of meat in the interview by Coach Bohl. Both coaches are very complimentary of each others programs and will not tip their hand before Saturday.

Comment

Yeah, Coach Bohl has a tendency to say that specific phrase quite a bit. He is a very well spoken man and a blast to listen to, but I have heard him say the same thing in other interviews. Although, you really can't argue with the assessment. It really should be 'A Whale of a Game"

Comment

Well, I think it will be a whale of a game. Any thoughts?
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Well, I have a thought....I was thinking that this game is going to be HUGE...huge like a whale.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Is JaRon Harris going to play, or his he still injured? Every article that I have read makes it sound like he is very questionable for Saturday.

Comment

JaRon will be playing...may not be 100%, but real close. He will still be able to spread the field against the Bison

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                        JaRon will be playing...may not be 100%, but real close. He will still be able to spread the field against the Bison

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
                        We have to have him for this game

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                          We have to have him for this game
                          He will have plenty of time to recover before the next game, so I guess it makes sense to let him get after it on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
                            Just having him on the field means NDSU will have to respect the possibility of a long ball.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think not only will JaRon play, but it will be at a high level. As Stig like to say he is a difference maker! It's fun to watch him catch that little slant in stride and run with it!

Comment

Working...
                              X