Hope Ya Found a Seat at Coughlin Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Ya Found a Seat at Coughlin Saturday

I am sure there were plenty available between the large contingent of 3,500. Nice D1 crowd there. The bandwagon is already losing fans left and right. I guess they were at the DakotaDome on Saturday.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Hope Ya Found a Seat at Coughlin Saturday

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    I am sure there were plenty available between the large contingent of 3,500. Nice D1 crowd there. The bandwagon is already losing fans left and right. I guess they were at the DakotaDome on Saturday.
    Yeah...they were at the DakotaDome...watching high school football.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Yeah...they were at the DakotaDome...watching high school football.
      Clarify that, BTownJack: do you mean the mediocre high school game in the afternoon or the championship high school game that evening?

Comment

be sure to come back next year and let us know how your attendance is down there. im guessing youll have far more crowds under 4000 in the next 4 years than sdsu did. plus the jacks will average over 10,000 this year, what about usd?

Comment

3500 plus the 17000 this Saturday. That is more than usd2 can fit it the dump for any 2 games ever.

Comment

We're averaging more fans per game than the Dump even holds.

We'll have 16,000 or 17,000 on hand this weekend at Coughlin. That'll put our AVERAGE for the year at more than 11,000 (almost 67,000 for the six games). Plus, we sell all of our seats and don't give away thousands of tickets each week to area service clubs.

Look at ticket revenues. According to the Argus, ours were almost double yours last year. I'm thinking with our record football attendance plus climbing basketball attendance (regular game nights, conference opponents) and with record volleyball attendance, we'll be tripling USD's revenues this year. We'll use that to pay for the more than 200 full scholarships our comprehensive athletic program grants to students on our campus. Good thing you don't have many sports. Your consultant says you'll top out in the 145 range.

We're bigger. We were D1 first. Get used to it, transition-boy.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              We're averaging more fans per game than the Dump even holds.

We'll have 16,000 or 17,000 on hand this weekend at Coughlin. That'll put our AVERAGE for the year at more than 11,000 (almost 67,000 for the six games). Plus, we sell all of our seats and don't give away thousands of tickets each week to area service clubs.

Look at ticket revenues. According to the Argus, ours were almost double yours last year. I'm thinking with our record football attendance plus climbing basketball attendance (regular game nights, conference opponents) and with record volleyball attendance, we'll be tripling USD's revenues this year. We'll use that to pay for the more than 200 full scholarships our comprehensive athletic program grants to students on our campus. Good thing you don't have many sports. Your consultant says you'll top out in the 145 range.

We're bigger. We were D1 first. Get used to it, transition-boy.
              Whooa, whoa, whoa. Using facts and statistical evidence is all well and good, but it shouldn't be used when discussing matters with USD people. Just doesn't pay. Don't get me wrong, I found your post to be very interesting and thought provoking. Just won't fly, though, when discussing matters with a USD fan. They employ a coach who was quoted in the state's largest newspaper as saying he wished he would have scheduled more cupcakes so his team could win. Then, the argus runs an article essentially saying USD would have had a good team if they would have just played lesser opponents this year. Gotta love that logic. How dare USD actually think it's beneficial to play opponents who are supposed to be on your level. Why play a good team when you can schedule some patsy? That article would really have embarrassed me if I was a USD supporter. "COME TO USD. WE'LL PREPARE YOU FOR A LIFE OF PICKING ON THE WEAK AND SHOW YOU HOW TO THRIVE DOING SO. IF LIFE GETS TOO HARD, JUST MOVE ON TO SOMETHING EASIER!"
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

This smack to me looks like a "sucker punch"....hit someone in the back of the head and then run? Why does he not stick around and "fight."

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  Whooa, whoa, whoa. Using facts and statistical evidence is all well and good, but it shouldn't be used when discussing matters with USD people. Just doesn't pay. Don't get me wrong, I found your post to be very interesting and thought provoking. Just won't fly, though, when discussing matters with a USD fan. They employ a coach who was quoted in the state's largest newspaper as saying he wished he would have scheduled more cupcakes so his team could win. Then, the argus runs an article essentially saying USD would have had a good team if they would have just played lesser opponents this year. Gotta love that logic. How dare USD actually think it's beneficial to play opponents who are supposed to be on your level. Why play a good team when you can schedule some patsy? That article would really have embarrassed me if I was a USD supporter. "COME TO USD. WE'LL PREPARE YOU FOR A LIFE OF PICKING ON THE WEAK AND SHOW YOU HOW TO THRIVE DOING SO. IF LIFE GETS TOO HARD, JUST MOVE ON TO SOMETHING EASIER!"
                  Or hope that the strong move upward and onward. Whoops, now that won't be an option. This is when the "we are bettered prepared to move up than you were because of our recent success...since...everyone......better..........th an..............us.............left realization hits.

I love it when I talk to Udot supporters and start pointing to the facts. When the intelligent ones (not many) finally get it you should see the look on their faces. Pure horror, with regards to what they are about to face. I'm with Meirkort, I don't think they can cut it at the DI level. Lavin should start a fan club.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    You're right. Here's another tactic, fact-free and more at the USD level:

Poopy.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bizon1 View Post
                      This smack to me looks like a "sucker punch"....hit someone in the back of the head and then run? Why does he not stick around and "fight."

"Sucker punch, doesn't stick around to fight". I am here to basically take on the entire SDSU fan board mainly by myself. Call me what you want but definately not a hit and runner. I say it like I see it. I will thrown my own team under the bus from time to time if they need it. I don't see things just through red and white glasses. By listening to what I have to say will bring alot more truth and objectivity than to just be a pawn in the crowd that always goes along with the majority. It's like being at a basketball game and booing a bad call just because everyone else is booing despite knowing good and well that the call should have gone against the Jacks. That is the kind of fans that are here. Ya don't know if they are being honest or just being homers. You will get mostly the same answer to every question and that is the pro delusional Jackrabbit answer. It's like the robotic approach. Never go against a fellow Jackrabbit fan. Just look at how many fans likely predicted the mens basketball team to get 15 wins or more. It doesn't matter that your program is about as low as they can get. To many It's still gonna be a great year despite no real reason that points to the contrary. Those types of people bring a lack of credibility to objective reasoning.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

"Sucker punch, doesn't stick around to fight". I am here to basically take on the entire SDSU fan board mainly by myself. Call me what you want but definately not a hit and runner. I say it like I see it. I will thrown my own team under the bus from time to time if they need it. I don't see things just through red and white glasses. By listening to what I have to say will bring alot more truth and objectivity than to just be a pawn in the crowd that always goes along with the majority. It's like being at a basketball game and booing a bad call just because everyone else is booing despite knowing good and well that the call should have gone against the Jacks. That is the kind of fans that are here. Ya don't know if they are being honest or just being homers. You will get mostly the same answer to every question and that is the pro delusional Jackrabbit answer. It's like the robotic approach. Never go against a fellow Jackrabbit fan. Just look at how many fans likely predicted the mens basketball team to get 15 wins or more. It doesn't matter that your program is about as low as they can get. To many It's still gonna be a great year despite no real reason that points to the contrary. Those types of people bring a lack of credibility to objective reasoning.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Just look at how many fans likely predicted the mens basketball team to get 15 wins or more.
                          Yeah, you're pretty "objective." Fact check: We've played one game, and we won. So 15 is still very much a possibility.

I guess I'd probably know more about our teams if I never watch them play, like you. I should get all my information from a newspaper account of the games. Then I'd be better equipped to offer "objective" analysis.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hello again. I am not here to defend the Jacks as they can do a GREAT job of it without me. I am not here to talk smack. I'm not very good at it, just ask my friend (I hope I can call him that!?) NorCalJack. I am just here to visit about the upcoming Conference/Dakota Marker Championship game between the two DI schools from the Dakotas. The only two DI schools and the the two best DI schools in the upper midwest, bar none, for years to come. ANYWAY....I am wondering if the 'Yotes have such a good program and "more" fans, why are you not on their website? Don't they have one? Why are you trolling here? This is not name calling either, so don't cry. "Trolling" was used as an adverb. Once again, just wondering young lad?

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              I suppose (so that no name calling can be assumed here) that you shoud have said "Marron and White." Isn't that the school colors at USD High?

ps....I did LOL when I saw this post though! GR8 post!!

Comment

Working...
                              X