Did Mary Get Ya Ready For D1 Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mary Get Ya Ready For D1 Yet?

Looks like another candidate for the Summit League in Mary. They really put a scare into a team that many are tabbing as a real contender in the Summit this year. Imagine if Mary had the home court. That really could have been ugly. It's ok though, please keep Nagy on as head coach as long as you like. That way when the U gets to D1 they won't have to worry about much competition from Brookings. The U has more talent right now than SDSU has. It's sad but true as far as a SDSU fan is concerned. Reality is kicking your asses right now. Enjoy some huge cans of Rabbit whoop ass this year. So whats the over under for wins, maybe 8. I heard the Athletes in Action is looking for a game. Are ya up to it. The Brookings Bobcats are also looking for someone to scrimmage with. The Jacks might be able to learn a few things.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: Did Mary Get Ya Ready For D1 Yet?

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Looks like another candidate for the Summit League in Mary. They really put a scare into a team that many are tabbing as a real contender in the Summit this year. Imagine if Mary had the home court. That really could have been ugly. It's ok though, please keep Nagy on as head coach as long as you like. That way when the U gets to D1 they won't have to worry about much competition from Brookings. The U has more talent right now than SDSU has. It's sad but true as far as a SDSU fan is concerned. Reality is kicking your asses right now. Enjoy some huge cans of Rabbit whoop ass this year. So whats the over under for wins, maybe 8. I heard the Athletes in Action is looking for a game. Are ya up to it. The Brookings Bobcats are also looking for someone to scrimmage with. The Jacks might be able to learn a few things.
    Thanks for your concern. We are having a little trouble with men's BB right now. Wasn't so much the case in DII. It is nice to have our scheduling woes remedied by conference affiliation and it is nice to have an arena dedicated to basketball.

Remind me, what level are you guys playing at right now? What are your conference plans? Are you still playing in that dump? Thanks again.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

More talent? Are you kidding? You have a bunch of unathletic D2 players who hunker back in a zone and hope D2 shooters won't beat you from the arc. FYI: That doesn't work in D1. The shooters are too good. You have to man up or get beat by 3s.

Boots is going to have to learn some new tricks and recruit some athletes or it'll be way ugly... at least when you can GET a D1 opponent. Good luck with that. It's a whole different ballgame, junior.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Should be pretty entertaining to see USD jump into the meat grinder that is the D-I transition. It will be an all you can eat crow buffet.

Comment

Coyote_fan,

Clearly the Jacks have a bunch of talent. But, it is impossible to compare scores, team vs team action etc. However, I do know and this is easy to access information that the Jacks hold a 114 win, 87 lose and 1 tie advantage over the Yotes. Does this define who was the dominant team over the years?

Yes!

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter for the Jacks. I cannot say that for the Yotes.

You may not want to hear how the Yote ladies faired with the Jacks ladies? But, I am going to tell you anyway. 46 wins, 21 loses with a string of 22 wins in a row. Advantage Jacks of course.

Enjoy transition.

Go big, Go blue, Go Jacks

Comment

I would like to remind Coyote fan that so far, SDSU is the lone shining spot for the Summit League newcomers. IPFW women are 0-2, IPFW men are 0-1, NDSU men are 0-2, NDSU women are 0-1, SDSU women are 2-0, SDSU men are 1-0.

Your team (USD) should be worried about Chadron State coming to your place next week...we beat you at home and lost by a few on a neutral site last year. We've added a couple of D1 caliber players since then so don't cry when we win.

Comment

You are very right. USD did struggle against Chadron and most of their schedule during the first third or so of their season. The team then gelled they went from a very bad team to one of the best in the region. That is because they were coached, kept trying and never gave up. Now apply that to the Jacks team. They start out bad, never recover, do not get the necessary coaching to improve and just kind of implode throughout the year. That is the difference right now between the programs. NDSU was a distant third at best between SDSU, USD and UND in basketball. They have had a pretty good transition. What that means is that what you do at the D2 level can but doesn't necessarily carry over to D1. So to determine exactly what USD and UND will do is yet to be determined. The Coyotes are gaining momentum in basketball and losing some momentum in football. I wouldn't be so quick to assume all USD teams will fail in D1. At SDSU Nagy is yet to prove that he can be a winning coach without Morgenthaler there to essentially bring what was needed for success. Since I am a USD fan I hope SDSU gives Nagy a lifetime contract to coach the team.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

You are very right. USD did struggle against Chadron and most of their schedule during the first third or so of their season. The team then gelled they went from a very bad team to one of the best in the region.
                So the team jelled just when the NCC games started. Amazing how much success you have had in the NCC without the XDSU's.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  So the team jelled just when the NCC games started. Amazing how much success you have had in the NCC without the XDSU's.
                  Imagine this in a monotone voice, no inflection:

We have been really good since all the really good teams moved up to DI. There, now you are a Udot fan.

I know coyotefan is more objective than some, but the delusion that in anyway the limited success of the last few years speaks towards any expectation at the DI level is greatly limiting his credibility. It is COMPLETELY irrelevent. Comparing any of our success or failure is likewise IRRELEVANT. The best you can hope is that we help you out with scheduling and conference affiliation. The rest is on U. I can't recommend the continued ridicule of our men's BB program as a way to foster a relationship that the U is going to depend on. Like it or not, we got U on this one which isn't something new for U.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Coyotes question starting this thread can be answered with one word. YES

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                      I would like to remind Coyote fan that so far, SDSU is the lone shining spot for the Summit League newcomers. IPFW women are 0-2, IPFW men are 0-1, NDSU men are 0-2, NDSU women are 0-1, SDSU women are 2-0, SDSU men are 1-0.

Your team (USD) should be worried about Chadron State coming to your place next week...we beat you at home and lost by a few on a neutral site last year. We've added a couple of D1 caliber players since then so don't cry when we win.
                      Please let me remind you that NDSU started 0-2 because we lost two close games with Florida and Rutgers.... I digress...

Coyote_Fan has no idea what he's talking about.... have fun getting a conference affiliation! UND and USD will not be receiving votes from the SU's if/when there is ever a vote for Summit League expansion... Moron.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUguy View Post
                        Please let me remind you that NDSU started 0-2 because we lost two close games with Florida and Rutgers.... I digress...

Coyote_Fan has no idea what he's talking about.... have fun getting a conference affiliation! UND and USD will not be receiving votes from the SU's if/when there is ever a vote for Summit League expansion... Moron.
                        I am calling for a revokation of posting priviledges for name calling. I thought that was not acceptable on a message board. I may be controversial but I am at least clean.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I am calling for a revokation of posting priviledges for name calling. I thought that was not acceptable on a message board. I may be controversial but I am at least clean.
                          The usual order of things is to issue a warning, which I see one of the other moderators has done via pm.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hypocrite!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              Hypocrite!

I am not a hypocrite. I don't name call. I make you think and get you a bit riled but don't name call. I stay within the rules. Alot of people here don't like me but I have never been banned.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X