Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Childress to be fired at the end of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childress to be fired at the end of the year?

I've been seeing an increasing amount of rumblings and grumblings since the start of the season, and what was going to be an ugly season, just got uglier as Adrian Peterson will be out for quite some time. He was BC's way out, and without him, BC is as good as gone IMHO. I don't even think he was the right man for the job from the get-go.

Re: Childress to be fired at the end of the year?

He can't be gone quick enough in my opinion. I'd even take Denny Green or Mike Tice back over Childress.

Comment

I think that NONE of us is equipped to truly understand the genius of Little General Chilly. He parlayed a half-assed job as Andy Reid's mini-me into a head coaching position. He created an offense so complex and so potentially dominant that you can just plug in one talentless quarterback after another and STILL gain 3 yards per pass play. And what can you say about his brilliant use of Adrian Peterson. Nine touches one game. 30 the next. It keeps teams guessing!

The guy is a frickin' genius.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

As a Bears fan, I think they should keep him. But, with the way the Bears look and are so lost, I better just shut the hell up!

Comment

It's hard to say. I can't read the owner's mind. It's only when the owner is grumbling that it really matters. I could see AP's injury as giving Childress an excuse. He could say "Well, we would have done a lot better if AP hadn't gotten hurt." I do think there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's most likely a train.

Some people talk about how good the Viking's run defense is, but it's only because teams don't bother to run. Why should you when you can pass at will? Last year would have been worse, except opponents hadn't figured this out in the first half of the season.

I'm guessing that he won't be fired, at least not this year. The Vikings are going to have to get a new QB, not a new project where you cross your fingers and hope, and not an old washed up guy who used to be good, but has his best years long behind him

Comment

According to Mark Clayton of ESPN, McNab of the Eagles could quite possibly be a Viking next year. That might go a long way in saving Chilly Dipper's job.

Comment

Chilly ain't goin nowhere now. Ziggy is going to give him at least another year. Wonder if they can score enough points on defense to keep this going. Detroit next week.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Giants win was Ziggy's Superbowl and will buy Childress another year.

Comment

Umm, 35-10 Vikings at the half. Who are these guys?

Comment

5 posessions and 5 touchdowns. Someone return the real Vikings. Hope they stay aggressive in the second have.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Vikings could win out and be in the playoffs. They have SF, Chicago, Washington, and Denver left on the schedule.

The Dolphins are down 30-13 to the Jets. Ouch. They might go 0-16. "Congratulations Dolphins, you are officially on the clock.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

It didn't look like the Vikings had even a chance of a Wild Card spot, now they are tied for the second Wild Card spot. What's the next tie-breaker after head-to-head? There's a three-way tie with Detroit, Minnesota and Arizona, and if it is record in the conference, Minnesota has the edge. Jackson is looking a lot better, helped a lot by the running game, which takes off a lot of the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
                          It didn't look like the Vikings had even a chance of a Wild Card spot, now they are tied for the second Wild Card spot. What's the next tie-breaker after head-to-head? There's a three-way tie with Detroit, Minnesota and Arizona, and if it is record in the conference, Minnesota has the edge. Jackson is looking a lot better, helped a lot by the running game, which takes off a lot of the pressure.
                          I've been up and down with Jackson, but the last few games I've seen things that look like he is starting to understand the game more. Not forcing throws and being content to throw it a way more often, also knowing when to run. It seems like sometimes being an athletic QB, a stigma gets attatched and it becomes a sin to take off and run for first downs instead of being a pass first pocket QB of the past. I am still not convinced that Childress is the right guy or not.

Comment

I'm not sure Childress is "the guy" or not, but I don't anticipate him being fired any time soon. It seems to have taken him a while to figure out that running the ball just might work. The running game does take a lot of Jackson's shoulders.

Comment

I think #28 would make any coach look good!

Comment

Working...
                              X