A round of applause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A round of applause

I have been reading the Argus the last few days and I just thought some well deserved rep points should go out to Terry V.

He has done a tremendous job covering SDSU. I'm guessing by all the print space he's had lately (and live blog updates) he is likely in dire need of a hand massage. Well, he's not likely to get any of that from the folks here so a round of applause will have to do.

Thanks to Terry (and his predecessor/board member Solari for setting the table)
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: A round of applause

I agree 100%. I think we all remember how poor the SDSU coverage was before Solari was on board. Terry has done a terrific job in taking over when Solari left and has done a great job of getting SDSU some much needed coverage in Sioux Falls.
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Thanks for posting what all of us have been thinking. TV is a rare bright spot for a paper that could be great but chooses to be less than mediocre. Some days, if there isn't an article about SDSU, I don't find anything worth reading in the Argus. It seems they have decided to become a "local" paper. I don't like it and I ask myself everyday why I keep subscribing. Its been suggested that I change to the Omaha paper and just catch TV's blog and Argus on the net.

Is Stu really the sports editor? In my edition of the Argus this morning they had an article about the rookies of the year in MLB. They had the wrong picture of Pedroia (it was Beckett) and they had Braun's name on Beckett and Pedroia's on Braun. Not that difficult really. Not that big of a deal either but still.

Sorry for the aside, thanks a lot TV, keep it up.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Props to Terry V as he is the most talented sports writer at the Argus and we are fortunate to have himm!

Comment

Prediction: Terry will be gone to a bigger market within 18 months.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            What??? You think he is going to cover USD???

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I've been worried about the same thing happening lately.

Comment

Good people usually get opportunities and if it fits Terry's world that is all that matters. SDSU will probably get another good beat writer. Not something I am going to get up tight about, and that is not a reflection on Terry's efforts. I do appreciate what he has done for SDSU in the short time he has been at the Argus.

Comment

Hey, he isn't leaving yet, is he? As mentioned above, he has done an excellent job and appreciate what he has done for SDSU.

Comment

At the rate he is going he'll be too darn busy to field any offers!
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                      At the rate he is going he'll be too darn busy to field any offers!
                      Let me join in the bell-ringing for TV. He has blazed a new path in innovative coverage of our journey into Division I. As a journalist I appreciate the way he is constantly searching for enterprise stories. If, at some point, he moves on, we will have been fortunate to have him covering SDSU. THANKS TV!!

Comment

I'm going to just go ahead and agree with pretty much everything said here.

Terry V. has been great. He's actually better than Solari was in my opinion.

Very good sportswriter guy. Excellent sense of humor in his blog, too.
                        (something you can feel, but not quite see in his articles)

Comment

Working...
                        X