Hey NDSU fans...You Nervous Yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey NDSU fans...You Nervous Yet??

Just wondering if any NDSU fans/brethern are a bit nervous coming to Brookings for the biggest game of the year?

Considering:
    1.) NDSU should have 2 losses this year (Sam Houston and Poly) and SDSU SHOULD have 2 more wins ( GA. Southern and Western Ill)
    Humm, that would make both teams 8-2.

2.) The two d-1a wins were actually to WEAK teams. I watched Central Michigan against Western Michigan last week...not good football and SDSU would beat either team, as NDSU did and would.
    Minnesota, good win in the newspaper, but not AT All a good team. Probably wouldn't be ranked in the top 25 of FCS.

3.) This game is in the elements of CAS in Brookings, SD, where the Bison don't always have the best luck.

4.) The Jackrabbits have ZERO to lose and the Bison know it! SDSU is not even expected to compete in this game according to the rest of the FCS nation that doesn't know better. But we all know who knows better........NDSU fans!!

Should be a great afternoon and looking forward to having our " SU Brothers" in B-Town, but............................................... .................................................. ...........................................YOU'RE GOING DOWN.

Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by propar80; 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Hey NDSU fans...You Nervous Yet??

They're ridiculously overconfident, as usual. There's a thread at Bisonville where they're discussing the completely ridiculous notion that NDSU should try to get invited to a FBS Bowl game since they can't compete for a championship in FCS. Their AD apparently said something about it.

Um... are you freaking kidding me? Get a grip on yourselves. First of all, the rules were known to everyone when you moved up. Second... are you kidding me? There is no way on this earth that the NCAA is going to grant an exemption for some transitional FCS team to take the place of a 6-6 FBS team. No way. Not a chance. Never happen. Simply impossible.

Oh, and there's that little matter of beating SDSU, a team Coach Ellerson from Cal Poly says matches up well physically and athletically with NDSU, on Saturday. Talk about overconfidence. There's no SDSU week thread on their site. Everything is about getting tickets to "invade" or "Walker is the best ever" or "how awesome are we, anyway?"

I have a lot of respect for our NDSU transition buddies. But sometimes their fans can really lose touch with reality.

Here's that ridiculous thread:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11615
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      They're ridiculously overconfident, as usual. There's a thread at Bisonville where they're discussing the completely ridiculous notion that NDSU should try to get invited to a FBS Bowl game since they can't compete for a championship in FCS. Their AD apparently said something about it.

Um... are you freaking kidding me? Get a grip on yourselves. First of all, the rules were known to everyone when you moved up. Second... are you kidding me? There is no way on this earth that the NCAA is going to grant an exemption for some transitional FCS team to take the place of a 6-6 FBS team. No way. Not a chance. Never happen. Simply impossible.

Oh, and there's that little matter of beating SDSU, a team Coach Ellerson from Cal Poly says matches up well physically and athletically with NDSU, on Saturday. Talk about overconfidence. There's no SDSU week thread on their site. Everything is about getting tickets to "invade" or "Walker is the best ever" or "how awesome are we, anyway?"

I have a lot of respect for our NDSU transition buddies. But sometimes their fans can really lose touch with reality.

Here's that ridiculous thread:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11615

If SDSU was 10-0 going into this game I bet your AD would be looking into it as well. That said, most fans say the chance is slim and only a few a truly think it is going to happen. I agree, they are way out in left field if they think possibility is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        2.) The two d-1a wins were actually to WEAK teams. I watched Central Michigan against Western Michigan last week...not good football and SDSU would beat either team, but as NDSU did and would.
        Minnesota, good win in the newspaper, but not AT All a good team. Probably wouldn't be ranked in the top 25 of FCS.
        So, you watch one game and CMU is a bad team? They do have 6 FBS wins and 5 of those are rather convincing. How NDSU held them to 14 points still boggles my mind, the Bison beat CMU like the 3 other teams that beat them did. Those teams are 7-4 Purdue, 10-0 Kansas, and 8-2 Kansas. Those teams crushed CMU at home and the Bison did it on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          So, you watch one game and CMU is a bad team? They do have 6 FBS wins and 5 of those are rather convincing. How NDSU held them to 14 points still boggles my mind, the Bison beat CMU like the 3 other teams that beat them did. Those teams are 7-4 Purdue, 10-0 Kansas, and 8-2 Kansas. Those teams crushed CMU at home and the Bison did it on the road.

That's exactly what I'm basing it on...and the fact the conference they play in would struggle to hold the Gateway's jockstrap once both the SU's are in it.

But if you insist, I'll give you that one as your "good convincing win".

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I have to go with FargoBison on this one. CMU is leading the MAC West and is the only team in the conference without a defeat. NDSU crushed them.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If SDSU was 10-0 going into this game I bet your AD would be looking into it as well. That said, most fans say the chance is slim and only a few a truly think it is going to happen. I agree, they are way out in left field if they think possibility is likely.
              I don't think so. We knew the rules going in. For some reason, NDSU thinks the rules now don't apply to them. And the fact that fans are suggesting (before even taking the field against SDSU) that NDSU deserves a bowl bid more than, say Northwestern or Michigan State, is just silly.

NDSU will be in the playoffs soon enough. For now, you're out.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Last one, I promise. Here's what Coach Ellerson said about NDSU and SDSU in the Great West teleconference today:

Said Ellerson: “I think South Dakota State played over their heads a year go, but they’ve closed the gap athletically. The difference isn’t what it was maybe a year ago.”

That from a coach who has seen both teams this year, a 3-point loss in SLO and a 13-point loss at SDSU.

So don't go making your Motor City Bowl plans just yet, Bison fans.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I don't think so. We knew the rules going in. For some reason, NDSU thinks the rules now don't apply to them. And the fact that fans are suggesting (before even taking the field against SDSU) that NDSU deserves a bowl bid more than, say Northwestern or Michigan State, is just silly.

NDSU will be in the playoffs soon enough. For now, you're out.
                  From what I heard on the radio after I made that comment our AD is just doing some checking, nothing serious just making sure. I don't think you can fault him for that, no harm in calling and checking. If he was saying it is likely or NDSU should be in a bowl then I would have some major problems with it.

Comment

Last one, I promise. Here's what Coach Ellerson said about NDSU and SDSU in the Great West teleconference today:

Said Ellerson: “I think South Dakota State played over their heads a year go, but they’ve closed the gap athletically. The difference isn’t what it was maybe a year ago.”

That from a coach who has seen both teams this year, a 3-point loss in SLO and a 13-point loss at SDSU.

So don't go making your Motor City Bowl plans just yet, Bison fans.
                    I don't think there are many people underestimating SDSU, most follow and know what SDSU is all about. Sure there might not be a whole lot of talk on our board but it will change as the week moves along.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      That's exactly what I'm basing it on...and the fact the conference they play in would struggle to hold the Gateway's jockstrap once both the SU's are in it.

But if you insist, I'll give you that one as your "good convincing win".

Go Jacks!!
                      Honestly, I'd say the MAC and Gateway would be close to equal. Which is impressive considering the scholarship gulf.

Comment

Just a few quick questions:

With the game being played in Brookings this year, what will our players stomp on when they score touchdowns? Will the Bison be bringing some sort of tarp with their logo to be laid in each endzone?

Also, will the obnoxious Bison fan sitting next to me in the Fargo Dome last year be in attendance? You know the one, no knowledge of football or its rules, but nonetheless felt compelled to blather on and on. Anyone who sat near any Bison fan in the Dome last year knows what I'm talking about.

Can we turn the speakers up to 11 for the game and find some cheap FM Disc Jockey to run the PA so as to annoy anyone who attends the game?

One last thought before I stop smack talking and head to bead: The Bison are an overrated bunch of whiners, used to playing in their Morton shed, with an overinflated sense of their place in college football. Basically, they stink.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Justin Kubesh invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Joe Mays invented pink.

What’s known as the UFC, or Ultimate Fighting Championship, doesn’t use its full name, which happens to be “Ultimate Fighting Championship, Non-Jimmy Rogers Division”.

Corey Koenig's tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLl...h-chop-blocks/

NDSU's only way to blocking. Maybe someone should teach them a legal style of blocking when playing offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Just a few quick questions:

Can we turn the speakers up to 11 for the game and find some cheap FM Disc Jockey to run the PA so as to annoy anyone who attends the game?
                              Sorry, I'm going to be in the stands that day! LOL
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X