Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Joke???

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71110012

Student body president has been impeached....

Re: Is this a Joke???

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71110012

Student body president has been impeached....
    Wow!

You know, it wasn't all that long ago that SDSU had a recall election of its student body president. If memory serves, it was back in 1996, when I was a sophomore.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You can read more about it here:

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...-3085044.shtml
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Apparently the last student body president was impeached as well...

What the heck is going on down there?
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          Answer: Business as Usual.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

A very good question. Why have student government if you only learn about it is the impeachment process and nothing else?

See Liggins is a track athlete. Surely he has some honor.

Comment

Who cares. It's just usd2

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                Who cares. It's just usd2
                It's at least enjoyable to compare: SDSU's student leadership steps up and gets the students to fund a $12 million wellness center. USD's student "leadership", meanwhile, can't get out of its own way.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  It's at least enjoyable to compare: SDSU's student leadership steps up and gets the students to fund a $12 million wellness center. USD's student "leadership", meanwhile, can't get out of its own way.
                  I understand the enjoyment. Personally I get more enjoyment reminiscing about SDSU's past and also looking ahead at how bright SDSU's future is. I really could care less about what happens at usd2.

Comment

I've tried to follow the impeachment story but it's difficult because the facts are being held back out of what is said to be an effort to guarantee Liggins has a right to be heard at a fair hearing (due process). Last year's USD Student Government Association President was impeached by 'acquitted' at the impreachment trial so he resumed his activities. That could happen in this case, too.

Liggins is a good sprinter on the track team. Of course, that has nothing to do with anything.

It seemed unusual to me that the petition which started everything was filed by an administrator, not a student.

We'll see what is revealed. I think the hearing is set for Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

I just didn't know that it was that big of deal.... it reminded me of Boys state when my friends and I got upset at who was getting all the positions so we protested.... I didn't really understand why it was Argus Leader type of news either.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                        I understand the enjoyment. Personally I get more enjoyment reminiscing about SDSU's past and also looking ahead at how bright SDSU's future is. I really could care less about what happens at usd2.
                        Amen 1bunnies. I agree completely
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71112060

Terry Liggins, University of South Dakota’s student president was found guilty of violating the Student Government Association’s constitution and was removed from office tonight.
                          At issue was whether Liggins misused his privileges to use state vehicles while on student government business and an SGA rollover account for those trips

Comment

This thread can be put to bed...

Comment

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...lCoverage.html

Two things to point out:

1) One of the trips by Liggins was to Brookings in September (apparently for Hobo Day), when the state car he was driving sustained $375 in damages.
                              2) SDSU SA President Alex Brown testified on behalf of Liggins today regarding SA travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X