Jackrabbits ALL-ACADEMIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits ALL-ACADEMIC

The Great West Football Conference website announced 11 GWFC football players were named to their respective ESPN-The Magazine All Academic All District teams. Included in the group are FIVE JACKRABBITS.

Link to the GWFC announcement:
    http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sp...110907aaa.html

Re: Jackrabbits ALL-ACADEMIC

Here is the related story at Gojacks.com

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1306985

Comment

Our focus on academics has really suffered with the move to DI.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Our focus on academics has really suffered with the move to DI.
        Yea, only five from SDSU out of the group of 11 made mention. Not quite 50%...

Comment

I was thinking almost 50 percent is not bad. Also not sure how they pick - reading it says starting sophmores - I know of two of these atheletes not listed - confused I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            I was thinking almost 50 percent is not bad. Also not sure how they pick - reading it says starting sophmores - I know of two of these atheletes not listed - confused I guess.

I'm guessing MD was sarcastic. The naysayers about the DI move often say that the transistion is a poor decision b/c student academics will suffer.

Comment

I was being sarcastic...sorry if I confused anyone.

Comment

I can't pull-off clever so I just use sarcasm.

Congrats to the student athletes given these awards. Another 5 reasons I am proud to be a Jackrabbit!!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Um... what does that say about the California Great West schools? They have NONE? Interesting. Maybe they should emulate SDSU and NDSU and get more SMART football players.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                  X