Sagarrin Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sagarrin Ratings

Was looking at the Sagarrin Ratings in USA Today and found it interesting.

Our Jackrabbits are currently ranked #104. That is 1 spot below the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Huskers are still #68 but dropping like a stone! We are also ranked ahead of #105 Nevada, #113 UNLV, #114 Minnesota, #115 Syracuse, #117 Colorado St., and #154 Harvard.

We aren't far behind next year's opponent #96 Iowa State and the other SDSU is #91.

NDSU is currently ranked #41. I look forward to dropping them a few notches on the 20th!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt07.htm

Just thought this would be some interesting reading for a Tuesday!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Sagarrin Ratings

Southern Utah is #200 out of 242. Which is amazing since they haven't won a game and are ahead of some teams with 4 wins.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      Southern Utah is #200 out of 242. Which is amazing since they haven't won a game and are ahead of some teams with 4 wins.
      Also note the strength of schedule

SUU-114
      SDSU-140
      NDSU-165
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        Also note the strength of schedule

SUU-114
        SDSU-140
        NDSU-165
        How crazy is it that NDSU, with a schedule that includes 2 FBS teams on it, has the weakest schedule. Not that I agree with that assessment, but it's an interesting nugget.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          How crazy is it that NDSU, with a schedule that includes 2 FBS teams on it, has the weakest schedule. Not that I agree with that assessment, but it's an interesting nugget.
          The OOC schedule outside of the FBS teams is weak to say the least. Western Illinois is a good team, but if we played them now, I think we beat them by at least two scores. Sam Houston State is another decent team they played and we all know how the Jacks handled the Southland the last two seasons. Minnesota is very down this year. The MAC is really no better than the Gateway or Great West. Give the Bison credit for playing two FBS teams, but the wins look better than they really are.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I watched much of the Central Michigan v Western Michigan game on TV last evening [battle for the MAC West Division title -- the MAC East (winner not yet determined) v. West Div game for the conference championship is 12/1/07 in Detroit]. It had great entertainment value and a lot of excitement in the final quarter. However, both teams were unimpressive. They were not particularly fast, didn't execute particularly well and just didn't really do much to shine in any facet of the game (other than both sides refused to give up which added to the entertainment value).

I'd be willing to bet SDSU hitting on all cylinders would beat either CMU or WMU soundly based on how both Michigan teams appeared in last night's game. Both Michigan offenses would sputter against our defense. It's likely our offense would score at least four touchdowns against either team.

Of course, college football this season has been a great reminder that no matter how good one team is or how poor one team is, you can never count out any team. That having been said, I'm firmly convinced the Jackrabbits have their losses out of the way and their focus just seems to sharpen each weekend...well, you know where I'm going with this one: I will not miss being in the stands for both the SUU and NDSU games.

Comment

Didn't really want to start another thread, but it looks like the Jacks cracked the top twenty of the GPI!!

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...rticleid=88801

I truly believe this ranking is the best system/poll to determine how teams match up against each other without actaully playing the game.
              All the teams the Jacks have lost to this year are ahead of us in the GPI except for Western Ill who is at #21 and I believe we would beat them at this point in the season, just as the ranking states.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Didn't really want to start another thread, but it looks like the Jacks cracked the top twenty of the GPI!!

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...rticleid=88801

I truly believe this ranking is the best system/poll to determine how teams match up against each other without actaully playing the game.
                All the teams the Jacks have lost to this year are ahead of us in the GPI except for Western Ill who is at #21 and I believe we would beat them at this point in the season, just as the ranking states.

Go Jacks!!

SUU-#81
                NDSU-#2
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                X