How 'bout dem Bobcats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout dem Bobcats!

Just had to give a shout out to the Brookings Bobcat football team for defeating O'Gorman which is South Dakota's equivalent of David last night 29-21!

The Bobcats outscored the vauted Knights 22-0 in the second half.

Attaboy 'Cats!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: How 'bout dem Bobcats!

Yeah, I was in awe when I saw that last night....grats Bobcats!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I was on my way home from Howard Wood after watching Yankton/Washington game. Had the Brandon Valley/Roosevelt game on and all the sudden there was a different game on. It was OG/Brookings. Signal was starting to fade, so wife, a friend and I all had our ear up to the speakers listening and couldn't believe what we were hearing. Wan't paying enought attention to the road and almost hit a deer. Congratulations to the Bobcats and we will be pulling for you down here...

Comment

Shame on those who doubt the power of the Bobcats and Gary Maffett. When I was in high school, we shocked Sioux Falls teams in the playoffs on a yearly basis. Congrats Maff and team on another solid performance.

Comment

Nice job by the Bobcats. Can they do the same to Roosevelt?

Watertown beat an impressive Sturgis team Monday night. Yes, impressive -- Sturgis was the best darned 3-win team I've seen. A great running back, crisp blocking...gave a very good Watertown defense fits most of the night.

Watertown next faces SF Washington. Washington is the only team to beat Watertown this year.

So, here's to the Bobcats: Get the Rough Riders! I think a Watertown vs Brookings championship game would be a good one.

Comment

Only a Washington - Brookings game would be better. My son is a senior at Washington, so I have to root for them. Next year, I could maybe go for an all ESD finals, but have to wait and see.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I gotta root for a Washington - Bobcat championship as well. A buddy of mine is an AT for Washington and I'm from Brookings, so it only seems fitting.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm getting a strong feeling the Bobcats want to avoid Watertown. Oh well, I don't want to turn this into smack so I guess I'll keep that to myself.

Comment

Watertown always seems to beat us, so we don't want to go down that road.

Comment

I know Washington would have preferred avoiding Watertown. Having to beat the same team twice, both on their field, and having them wanting to avenge their only loss to get to the state championship is not going to be an easy task.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I gotta pull for Brookings vs. Watertown. Wife is from Brookings, brother-in-law is from Watertown. We'll have quite a party at my place in Yankton if they both make the dome. Of course, I'll be in Brookings Saturday afternoon for the SUU game.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Being an Brookings alum I was indeed surprised and happy for Coach Maffett. Brookings is a hard place to coach. Talent for the past 60 plus years is often up and down. Ralph Ginn got his start at BHS right after WW11 and moved to the Hill and racked up the most coaching wins in SDSU history. He did a great job at BHS and several of his players where later Jacks. Harold White followed Ginn and did have a great era as well, but after he left, things went down and so its been since, ups and downs. I think there were some good coaches like a guy named Campell but he too left to be a principal at West Central, so with out consistent talent, its hard to be a power house in 11AA.

I am glad Maffett a former Jack QB has stayed on and locals have not been too hard on him, but as far as knocking off Roosvelt, I don't think it will happen. The Bobcats lost to Mitchell 21-20 and then got them in the first round by two TD so maybe they are late bloomers. Brookings has always feared Watertown. Its always one game they want to win, but often come up short. I would think Roosvelt will probably win by 20 or more. Open enrollment seems to help Roosvelt more than the other two publics in SF.

BTW is not Sturgis coached by Adolph Sheperadson, a former Jack or is that Spearfish? Either Sturgis or Spearfish had a long losing streak. I cant remember, but its good to see one of them are now advancing in the playoffs.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 11-03-2007, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          BTW is not Sturgis coached by Adolph Sheperadson, a former Jack or is that Spearfish? Either Sturgis or Spearfish had a long losing streak. I cant remember, but its good to see one them are advancing in the playoffs.
                          It is Sturgis, and they are the school that had the 78 (I believe) game losing streak that was snapped last year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nidaros;67059]

I am glad Maffett a former Jack QB has stayed on and locals have not been too hard on him, but as far as knocking off Roosvelt, I don't think it will happen. QUOTE]

Ahhhh, that is why they play the game my boy! Everyone thought O'Gorman would be the 'Cats by like 30+. You have to love it when little ol' Brookings knocks off one of the big dogs!

Gary has had a lot of success getting his teams to the dome in recent years and may pull it off again. The 'Cats are a decent team. They kind of remind me of the Jacks because they seem to start seasons a little slow but watch out at the end.

Going to be a fun night on the radio! Bobcats and Jacks, oh my!

GO JACKS! GO BOBCATS!

SUPERBUNNY (a.k.a. SUPERCAT)
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Anyone wanting to listen that can't get the Brookings feed can listen on KSOO 1140 out of Sioux Falls
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X