Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USD, Do They Play a Tougher Schedule Than SDSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD, Do They Play a Tougher Schedule Than SDSU?

Just some interesting information to get you a bit riled up over here. I see that my good friend SD4Ever has come to pay you a visit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bisonsports.net/bsnblog/index.php/b

USD has 112th toughest schedule
    We all knew the Coyotes would play a tough schedule in 2007. Heck, through six games, it’s painfully obvious how difficult it is.

But according to Kenneth Massey’s ratings, USD has the 112th toughest schedule in the nation. That’s not just in Division II. That’s in the ENTIRE country.

That’s right. USD’s schedule is statistically more challenging than schools such as Texas Tech. Oh, and our friends up the interstate.

Massey’s schedule ratings are based the quality of each opponent, adjusted for the homefield advantage. His ratings are the ones used by the Bowl Championship Series (BCS).

Here are the top three schools with the toughest schedules:

1. North Carolina

2. Stanford

3. Auburn

- - - - - - -

And here’s a look at area schools ranked behind USD:

125. MSU-Mankato

132. Central Washington

144. Texas Tech

150. Minnesota-Duluth

153. Nebraska-Omaha

159. North Dakota

172. South Dakota State

174. St. Cloud State

176. Augustana

182. University of Sioux Falls (a NAIA school)

- - - - - - -

For the record, USD’s opponents this season have a combined record of 26-8.

And if you break down the rankings for JUST Division II schools, USD has the SECOND toughest schedule. The school ahead of the Coyotes? None other than Western Washington, USD’s opponent this weekend. Very interesting.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: USD, Do They Play a Tougher Schedule Than SDSU?

is that the same massey rating that has nebraska-omaha ranked 28th among all universites, no matter what size. they are ahead of clemson, penn st , tennessee and a lot of other schools. the massey rating has always been a joke but for someone like you, if it makes you feel better then enjoy it. maybe it was this massey guy that ranked the coyotes number one in the preseason basketball poll. i see the division 2 basketball website has them 16.
    Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 10-23-2007, 05:20 AM.

Comment

That's funny. They're so cute in that division.

Oh, please, please, football gods, put Cal Poly on USD's schedule next year (nothing set for Great West yet) so we can put an end to all of this silliness. Ramses Barden and Jonathan Dally will destroy the Coyotes' defense that made Augie look like a threat and make it clear to Coyote fans (and Coyote_Fan) the folly of posts like this one.

Oh, and please, football gods, let that game be in the DakotaDome with its dreadful, worn out turf and curvy yardlines (sorry, Mustangs) so there will be no excuses about road games that don't count.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        Just some interesting information to get you a bit riled up over here. I see that my good friend SD4Ever has come to pay you a visit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bisonsports.net/bsnblog/index.php/b

USD has 112th toughest schedule
        We all knew the Coyotes would play a tough schedule in 2007. Heck, through six games, it’s painfully obvious how difficult it is.

But according to Kenneth Massey’s ratings, USD has the 112th toughest schedule in the nation. That’s not just in Division II. That’s in the ENTIRE country.

That’s right. USD’s schedule is statistically more challenging than schools such as Texas Tech. Oh, and our friends up the interstate.

Massey’s schedule ratings are based the quality of each opponent, adjusted for the homefield advantage. His ratings are the ones used by the Bowl Championship Series (BCS).

Here are the top three schools with the toughest schedules:

1. North Carolina

2. Stanford

3. Auburn

- - - - - - -

And here’s a look at area schools ranked behind USD:

125. MSU-Mankato

132. Central Washington

144. Texas Tech

150. Minnesota-Duluth

153. Nebraska-Omaha

159. North Dakota

172. South Dakota State

174. St. Cloud State

176. Augustana

182. University of Sioux Falls (a NAIA school)

- - - - - - -

For the record, USD’s opponents this season have a combined record of 26-8.

And if you break down the rankings for JUST Division II schools, USD has the SECOND toughest schedule. The school ahead of the Coyotes? None other than Western Washington, USD’s opponent this weekend. Very interesting.

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue!

SUPERBUNNY
        Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 11-08-2007, 10:14 AM.
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Come back and smack us when you beat a DI opponent.

It might take a couple years. It sounds like you are having some difficulty scheduling games.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

It looks as if someone is setting up to rationalize a USD loss this Saturday.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Can anyone tell me why a non-cote fan would care about the cote schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
                Can anyone tell me why a non-cote fan would care about the cote schedule?
                Well, frankly my dear I don't give a damn (where did I hear those words before???) about their schedule. But the poor boys don't have a fan board of their own that is worth a hoot, so they like to come this way...and we do feel sorry for them because they are SO irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  Well, frankly my dear I don't give a damn (where did I hear those words before???) about their schedule. But the poor boys don't have a fan board of their own that is worth a hoot, so they like to come this way...and we do feel sorry for them because they are SO irrelevant.
                  I think you heard those words from Gone With The Wind... wow you State boys are cultured and classy!!!

Comment

Has USD played a tough D-II schedule ya they played 1 D-I FCS team heck if that is not tough I don't know what is, not to mention the Winona State, Minnesota-Duluth, St. Cloud State, and MSU, o ya Augie is very tough also heck dude I look at those teams and they have to be tougher then Youngstown, Western Illinois, Northern Iowa, Cal-Poly, Georgia Southern heck they would mercy rule if possible Steven F. Austin.....

The truth of the matter is USD does play a tough D-II schedule but when you start playing Youngstown, UNI, Georgia Southern and NDSU you will learn what tough is.....

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
                      I think you heard those words from Gone With The Wind... wow you State boys are cultured and classy!!!
                      Well, the same holds true for you Brett...errrr NDSUstudent. Personally, I believe it runs with the land grant personna!!!

Comment

I'm glad you brought up "Gone With The Wind" I was afraid he heard them from my wife like I always do
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I was just looking for USD's strength of schedule for wrestling and baseball. Does anyone know where I might find that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                            I was just looking for USD's strength of schedule for wrestling and baseball. Does anyone know where I might find that?
                            Those are located somewhere between their D-I Compliance Manual and Title IX Guidelines.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                              Those are located somewhere between their D-I Compliance Manual and Title IX Guidelines.
                              Good answer!

Comment

Working...
                              X