National Player of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Player of the Week

Adam Monke was selected as the National Special Teams Player of the Week. Congrats to Adam.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: National Player of the Week

My congrats as well. I love to watch the special teams players perform as they are the ones striking for more playing time and are on the edge of getting that time. Adam looks to be a hard driving runner and next year he should be starting I tend to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      My congrats as well. I love to watch the special teams players perform as they are the ones striking for more playing time and are on the edge of getting that time. Adam looks to be a hard driving runner and next year he should be starting I tend to think.
      He's playing behind Kyle Minett, whom I think will start when Koenig leaves. But Monke is a burner as well as Minett, and they will make a great pair.

Comment

I need to correct my comment and say that Monke will get more playing time. When ever the play calls for a two backs set, I would expect Monke and Minnett to get the call. No doubt Minnett has the edge to replace Koening and probably will keep that place in the depth chart. Both are very good backs and the Jordon Paula cant be too far behind these guys. We probably have some more backs that have red shirts on them. The future looks brighter next year and this year has been good with the exception of the very close games that we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          He's playing behind Kyle Minett, whom I think will start when Koenig leaves. But Monke is a burner as well as Minett, and they will make a great pair.
          There are a lot of great young players on the roster that we're starting to see in action. I would add Conrad Kjerstad to that list. He's going to be a special player. Stig says he's as smart a player as they have and has great vision.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I need to correct my comment and say that Monke will get more playing time. When ever the play calls for a two backs set, I would expect Monke and Minnett to get the call. No doubt Minnett has the edge to replace Koening and probably will keep that place in the depth chart. Both are very good backs and the Jordon Paula cant be too far behind these guys. We probably have some more backs that have red shirts on them. The future looks brighter next year and this year has been good with the exception of the very close games that we lost.
            I've heard Coach Stig comment on freshman Dominique Clare several times in interviews as well. He will be a nice change of pace from Minnett and Monke as he is 6' and 220 lbs, he may get some time next year. I'm not sure on this, but I'm guessing Trevor Hohn may have the option of an extra year with a medical red-shirt because of his season ending injury as well.

I think we should be in pretty good shape again next year at RB.

Comment

Mitch Pontrelli was also honored nationally for his big game.

"Pontrelli, a senior defensive lineman from St. Paul, Minn., was honored as the defensive line Weekly Star by the SME Network. He recorded a career-high 11 tackles, blocked a field goal and had two sacks as the Jackrabbits opened Great West Football Conference action with a victory."

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1286494

Comment

Adam Monke, South Dakota State, KR/RB, 5-9, 200, So., Nickerson, NE

With the high-powered offense of No. 19 Cal Poly coming to town, Monke knew how important it would be for his Jackrabbit team to get out to a quick start. On the first play of the game, he would return a kickoff 91 yards for a touchdown, and as a result South Dakota State would never trail Cal Poly in a 48-35 upset victory. Monke returned five kickoffs for 193 yards on the night, including a key 41 yard return to set up the Jackrabbits’ final touchdown on the night. His kickoff return was the first for South Dakota State in two years.

From CSN's news desk.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...rticleid=88434

Comment

Working...
                X