UC Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Davis

Next up are the Aggies. Another must win. They are 3-5 and 1-2 in the Great West. The last time we were out there we lost our first D-1 game 52-0 and rebounded to beat them in SF 16-14 and beat them last season 22-21 on Hobo Day. They have a new stadium which I am sure the athletic department officials will take a look at for ideas in the short and long term future.

http://ucdavisaggies.cstv.com/sports...otbl-body.html
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Re: UC Davis

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
    Next up are the Aggies.....They have a new stadium which I am sure the athletic department officials will take a look at for ideas in the short and long term future.
    Here is a thread off anygivensaturday.com about aggie stadium. Man, what a beautiful stadium!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=30041
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Looking forward to the trip to Davis and seeing there new stadium. We will have to be on the top of our game to win. It is homecoming and they also have there 35+ yr winning steak in jepordy......I believe we will come home with a win

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

What's up Jacks! Below is a link to our forum, we get a lot of traffic, especially recently now that school has been in session for 2 1/2 weeks.

Anything you need to know about the Ags is at AggieSportsTalk.com. Hopefully, I can get some UC Davis fans to register and get on over to this board too. Great win vs. Cal Poly, they can really strike, getting those 3 turnovers was huge. How'd you do against Ramses Barden?

We're still a bit banged up, a lot of preseason starters are either out or questionable for this Saturday's game in Davis, which will be our Homecoming '07. We did play a good, complete game last Saturday against SUU. Offense played well after the 1st quarter, the defense really stepped it up against the run, and we blocked a punt to set up a score right before half in Cedar City. We've got a lot of defensive young guns starting due to injury, in their second game they did pretty well. SDSU is another thing though, but hopefully with some in game experience under their belt (which we didn't have for the CP game) we can give you guys a decent match in Davis.

Cheers! Hope to see you at the AggieSportsTalk.com tailgate located in Lot 30 of the Rec Pool Parking Lot, we get there by 8:00 am usually. You'll find that the tailgating in Davis isn't as Rabid as it is in Brookings.

AGGIESPORTSTALK.COM

p.s. - with our "New Era" we've changed home unis, most of us want the ole' full Yale Blues back for 2008.
        AGGIE PRIDE

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSuomi View Post
          Great win vs. Cal Poly, they can really strike, getting those 3 turnovers was huge. How'd you do against Ramses Barden?
          It was two turnovers. Four fumbles by Cal Poly, two lost. We had a pick but there was a phantom holding penalty on us (just watched the tape... nobody there for Isaiah Jackson to hold) that negated it.

Barden didn't do much damage. He had one TD and only a handful of catches. On his coach's show this week, Coach Stig talks about how we did what nobody has done so far this year: We double-teamed him with one guy hitting him on every play and another playing over the top. A San Luis Obispo reporter asked why we would do that... um... isn't the result the answer to that question?

Barden got frustrated and wasn't really a factor at all. He was taking plays off and generally didn't do much once he got hit a few times.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            It was two turnovers. Four fumbles by Cal Poly, two lost. We had a pick but there was a phantom holding penalty on us (just watched the tape... nobody there for Isaiah Jackson to hold) that negated it.

Barden didn't do much damage. He had one TD and only a handful of catches. On his coach's show this week, Coach Stig talks about how we did what nobody has done so far this year: We double-teamed him with one guy hitting him on every play and another playing over the top. A San Luis Obispo reporter asked why we would do that... um... isn't the result the answer to that question?

Barden got frustrated and wasn't really a factor at all. He was taking plays off and generally didn't do much once he got hit a few times.
            JJ, Barden did not have a big night and coach Stig played him the way I would think most defenses should. There are very few DBs in the FCS that can cover him one on one. Though Barden was kept in check for the most part in the passing game, he still had a big efect on the game. Using two men to cover him left one less player to help stop the run. Cal Poly ended up rushing for 398 yards for a 6.2 yard average on the way to 502 total yards and 35 points. It could have been more if Dally did not have two turnovers in the redzone. Cal Poly's offense did their part, of which Ramses Barden play an important role. South Dakota State's offense and special teams are what won the game in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
              JJ, Barden did not have a big night and coach Stig played him the way I would think most defenses should. There are very few DBs in the FCS that can cover him one on one. Though Barden was kept in check for the most part in the passing game, he still had a big efect on the game. Using two men to cover him left one less player to help stop the run. Cal Poly ended up rushing for 398 yards for a 6.2 yard average on the way to 502 total yards and 35 points. It could have been more if Dally did not have two turnovers in the redzone. Cal Poly's offense did their part, of which Ramses Barden play an important role. South Dakota State's offense and special teams are what won the game in my opinion.
              Of course that's true. It's also true that Barden got frustrated and basically stopped playing except on those plays where his number was called. I just watched the video again today and you could see he was not involving himself in the action most of the second half. On many plays, he took two steps down the field and then turned and watched. Of course he tied up two guys just doing that.

Coach Ellerson mentioned that most teams have been trying to cover Barden with one guy, and that certainly proves your point: It can't be done. But we decided to take that away, and we did. That's football. You decide what you can live with and what you can't. I suppose we could have done what everybody else has and turned Barden loose. Which would you rather do, give up 200 yards and three or four TDs to Barden, or force an offense to grind its way down the field (and wait for a fumble-prone team to fumble)? All of which just points out what an amazing group of skilled players Cal Poly has. You have to pick your poison.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Noticed this GSU puff on the UC Davis board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3Twthtmsk

Made it look like they were doing a lot of celebrating to ice a 45-0 win with State being deflected in trying to make it 42-3. I'm not complaining, I'm asking why there isn't something similar on YouTube from SDSU. NDSU certainly has plenty. PR pieces like this make a school look good. GSU got value for their production costs. When I search SDSU all I get is videos about signees. Informative but not exciting.

Where's the music video about our smashing of Cal Poly?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  Noticed this GSU puff on the UC Davis board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3Twthtmsk

Made it look like they were doing a lot of celebrating to ice a 45-0 win with State being deflected in trying to make it 42-3. I'm not complaining, I'm asking why there isn't something similar on YouTube from SDSU. NDSU certainly has plenty. PR pieces like this make a school look good. GSU got value for their production costs. When I search SDSU all I get is videos about signees. Informative but not exciting.

Where's the music video about our smashing of Cal Poly?
                  Not enough "resources" to put something like this together. We're under staffed and underfunded.

Actually, I watched about the first 1:30 and those were some pretty weak "highlights". What's exciting about a three yard gain?

Sorry, off topic. Prediction for this weekend

SDSU - 31
                  UCD - 56
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

SDSU will have to play a good, mistake free game to win. Put together long sustaining drives to take the crowd out of the game, come out of the chutes firing on all cylinders, and be ready for a geared up opponent.

Prediction
                    SDSU - 24
                    UCD - 17 (with a TD at the end to make it close)
                    Last edited by State_fan; 10-23-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I know Davis is just west of Sacramento in the northern part of the state. Is there any fire issues up there?

Watching what is going on from Santa Barbara to San Diego is just crazy!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        I know Davis is just west of Sacramento in the northern part of the state. Is there any fire issues up there?

Watching what is going on from Santa Barbara to San Diego is just crazy!

SUPERBUNNY

Golfers are playing in San Jose, which is northern Ca. and I haven't heard of any problems. I believe Davis is considered Northern California.
                        Maybe NorCalJack could helps us out with this??

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It'd be kind of like worrying that fires in the Black Hills would maybe reach Brookings . . .

California is a BIG state . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

No fires around the Davis area to speak of. Most of the area around Davis is agricultural and they may get a grass fire, but usually nothing like the fires in So. Cal. The biggest areas of concern for fires in the north is the Sierra Mountain areas. They are dry this time of year and lots of trees to catch fire, but Davis is in the San Joaquin Valley and is flat and full of ag. land.

FYI, it is in the high 70's, clear skys and no wind today. Another beautiful day in NorCal.

Go State!!!

P.S. - Yes I will be at the game, with my 9 year old daughter in tow.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

SDSU should be favored in this game. Our offense is clicking now with #12 QB Engle, but our defense is still discovering itself. We've got a lot of key players injured or out for the year. #99 DT Faletoese is questionable, #9 RB Joe Trombetta may or may not play, #32 FS Nero Evero is out, #1 WR Chris Carter is out, #3 QB Tim Plough is out, we lost #6 WR Chris Miller and #80 TE Brad Bispo for the year after Portland State, #22 CB Marcus North is probably out, #28 LB Tyler Pringle probably out, #54 LB David Heckman is probably out, we're really banged up, but the new guys stepped it up against Southern Utah, but had a rough opening outing against Cal Poly.

We'll stack the box to stop the run as best we can, but I think the Jacks will have some success on the ground. If Berry performs well they should score plenty. The question is whether or not we'll score plenty to compensate. Turnovers will be big in this game.

Shoud be a good game! Hope to see you guys at the Lot 30 Rec Pool tailgate with AggieSportsTalk.com.

AGGIE PRIDE

Comment

Working...
                              X