How Many???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many???

After going to the grocery store I cooled a little bit on my attendance rants. I don't get hunting, I never enjoyed it and I am positive that played into my feelings. Someone pointed out in the attendance thread that we would have been begging for 6000 the week after Hobo Day 5 years ago. The fan base has come along way.

So I thought I would try to pose this a different way.

If this game were played one week earlier or one week later how many people do you think would have showed?

My guess...9000 to 10000
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: How Many???

With the same weather as yesterday the optimist in me would say 11-12000.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
      With the same weather as yesterday the optimist in me would say 11-12000.
      I would have been there with at least 10-15 others.

I'm not at all ashamed about missing the game for the reason I did. I don't mind that others are offended. I hope the players and coaches know that my support for them is completey intact and will not waiver.

I've made 8 hour roundtrips in one day just to see the Jackrabbits play. I've asked people to cover hospital call to be at games. I'm a guy who is crazy about SDSU.

However, the 3rd weekend in October from here until as long as I can foresee is booked. I intend it to be the same way for my kids and their grandchildren, etc.. Sorry if that offends anyone but the people I spent time with Saturday night take precedent over being present at the Jackrabbit game. Many cheered along with me while it was on WNAX at the lodge but most enjoyed family and conversation. Great grandma, grandpa, grandma, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, cousins, friends, I think I've made my point.

I think it would be best to not play at all on the pheasant opener and if a game has to be scheduled to play it away.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

I'm not at all ashamed about missing the game for the reason I did. I don't mind that others are offended. I hope the players and coaches know that my support for them is completey intact and will not waiver.

I've made 8 hour roundtrips in one day just to see the Jackrabbits play. I've asked people to cover hospital call to be at games. I'm a guy who is crazy about SDSU.

However, the 3rd weekend in October from here until as long as I can foresee is booked. I intend it to be the same way for my kids and their grandchildren, etc.. Sorry if that offends anyone but the people I spent time with Saturday night take precedent over being present at the Jackrabbit game. Many cheered along with me while it was on WNAX at the lodge but most enjoyed family and conversation. Great grandma, grandpa, grandma, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, cousins, friends, I think I've made my point.

I think it would be best to not play at all on the pheasant opener and if a game has to be scheduled to play it away.

You are exactly right....time with family and friends is THE most important thing in life. I realize a lot of people may not enjoy hunting and don't understand the bonds it creates between fathers and sons and grandpas and grandkids. I was a little irritated when people were upset that some fans may have missed the game to enjoy a time like this and thus I stood up for the hunters. JackMD you said it best its about the time spent with family and friends that make that weekend important.

Although I believe the opening weekend of pheasant season may have been part of the issue with the lower attendance the fact the this team was 2-4 may have been the bigger issue. Many of the casual fans look at that record and don't realize that the team is better than that record (and I believe they are). If we were 4-2 like I believe we should be the attendance may have increased. The fact is many fans just won't put forth much effort to support a team that appears to be mediocre which is what SDSU's football team would appear to be to the casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

And there is no way anyone can say you are not a "True Blue Fan" so I hope this puts an end to that line of talk. Great post.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
          X