This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to Be U

Former Jackrabbit Nicole Helsper and friends say it best.

IT SUCKS TO BE U.

Re: Sucks to Be U

Lovin' it!

Comment

Funny? Absolutely!

But let's not return to such forms of disrespect for our opponents at SDSU.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Just taking a little time to come up with my next wonderful piece of smack. It's going to be a good one. It's a shame we can only have 4 pictures in our posts.

Comment

In the background of the picture it looks as if all 10100 usd2 fans made the trip to SF.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
            In the background of the picture it looks as if all 10100 usd2 fans made the trip to SF.
            That's 10,101. Good turnout for a road game, especially since we all know that road games don't count.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Now hang on, those that got their panties all up in a bunch for the anti SDSU t-shirts a few years back now look at this as somehow ok. Take sides either it's inappropriate or it's not. I personally find almost all t-shirts to be funny. Oien, Josh Mueller, Hate State, Screw the U or whatever.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

What are former Jacks doing at the USD - Augie game anyway. They may be displaying their t-shirts but it's nice to see that they do care about USD. We will be glad to take them as fans as soon as they realise that real people don't allow their friends to go to State.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  What are former Jacks doing at the USD - Augie game anyway. They may be displaying their t-shirts but it's nice to see that they do care about USD. We will be glad to take them as fans as soon as they realise that real people don't allow their friends to go to State.
                  Must be some conspiracy because we all know the earth turns on what happens at USD... Oh, wait... Helsper transferred to Augie because she wasn't getting any playing time on SDSU's team.

That said: I don't approve of that sort of t-shirt. I'd prefer that we root FOR our teams and not against another institution or individual. It's just better sportsmanship, something USD fans know nothing about... but they're going to need to learn before any conference will let them join.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Now hang on, those that got their panties all up in a bunch for the anti SDSU t-shirts a few years back now look at this as somehow ok. Take sides either it's inappropriate or it's not. I personally find almost all t-shirts to be funny. Oien, Josh Mueller, Hate State, Screw the U or whatever.
                    If you don't see the difference between these shirts and the tasteless ones worn a few years ago by classless usd supporters, then I guess your college choice suits you well.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      If you don't see the difference between these shirts and the tasteless ones worn a few years ago by classless usd supporters, then I guess your college choice suits you well.
                      They're very different, of course, in that they're not attacking an individual. I still don't like that kind of negative stuff. Cheer for YOUR team, not against the other one or against any individuals on the other team.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        They're very different, of course, in that they're not attacking an individual. I still don't like that kind of negative stuff. Cheer for YOUR team, not against the other one or against any individuals on the other team.

So according to that logic it would also be ok to where a shirt that said "screw the reservations" same difference. Or to be more like a t-shirt that said I would hate to be (and have a picture of a reservation) on it. How about screw farmers, or screw irishmen. Those wouldn't be attacking an individual either. When you wear that t-shirt you are basically saying to screw a whole university and stereotyping all the people that have ties to it. At least the Oien shirts were directed at an individual that frankly deserved the critisism at the time. Actually saying I would hate to be U is worse than saying screw the U. People would probably take more offense to it.

I am not a person that really gets offended by stupid stuff like that. I believe in freedom or speech and/or expression. I favor UND in their fight against the courts for wanting to keep their nickname. If UND says it's not offensive and it's not slandering someone then legally it should be ok for them to keep it. It's not like UND is burning a flag with an indian logo or anything like that.

Basically what I am saying is to take a stand and stick with that stand. Don't be a hypocrite or a flip flopper to satisfy an argument or a bias way of thinking. If you don't like those types of t-shirts don't like any of them. If you don't like controversial nicknames or logos don't like any of them not just the ones that get headlines. Like I said I am of the opinion that just about everything goes when it comes to t-shirts and like issues of such. If someone gets offended by it, thats there problem not the problem of the initiater of the offensive behavior. Not that I go around being controvesial, just my belief.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

And this from a school whose T-Shirts read... "Beat State, not your wife"

Yeah... classy.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

t. At least the Oien shirts were directed at an individual that frankly deserved the critisism at the time. Actually saying I would hate to be U is worse than saying screw the U.
                            Why did Oien deserve the criticism? Since when does a family problem become a public issue? You seem to have forgotten that Dr. Oien offered his resignation that was turned down by then President Miller simply because she had compassion for her employees who have domestic problems, but are valued employees. Oien worked very hard during the transitition and SDSU would not be outdrawing the bed pan folks(augie-usd) for a football game, 6545 to 5500 on a balmy Oct day were it not for the leadership of Dr. Oien. Folks from USD wanted Oien and Miller to fail in the transitition to D1. As far as I am concerned its not sterotyping. USD has been playing the role of Second Hand Rose in trying to compete with SDSU for decades. Its about time someone came up with a clever tee shirt. We need more of these. When usd finds a way to be classy, I just might respect the bed pan folks.

Comment

Do they have a class down at the U where they teach their students to rationalize everything other people do, but they can do all the stuff the preach against doing??

I need to take that class.

Comment

Working...
                              X