Congrats Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Jacks

Your teams looks great. I will be pulling for you the rest of the year. I hope to make it to the game next year, but you have to promise to take it easy on my Mustangs.

Re: Congrats Jacks

Much different Poly team than we've seen in the last 3 years SLO!

Two fumbles and ensueing Jacks TD were the difference.

We've been on the receiving end of that turn-over difference and cost us at Youngstown, WIU, GSU.

Alway a great battle with the Stangs!!!!

It's now up to Poly and SDSU to knock off the Thundering Herd!!!

Good luck against them in SLO

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
      Your teams looks great. I will be pulling for you the rest of the year. I hope to make it to the game next year, but you have to promise to take it easy on my Mustangs.
      Thanks I was impressed with the Cal Poly team. Your QB is a very dangerous if he is left unchecked and darn good with those last minute pitches. I am please and relieved that your coaching staff did not try to throw more to No. 11. He is awesome in terms of size and we did not give him to many opportunities in fact two teaming No 11 seem to open up other things for the qb and rb. I think Cal Poly played a pretty good game with the exceptions of the turnovers. I would like to think our defense continues to improve and the triple option did give us problems at times. I dont know if UCD runs that type of offense, but it works when you got good athletes that can execute those plays.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 10-20-2007, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah man, that triple option play.....man.....just....I hate that play!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Mustang fans have a lot to look forward to when you consider how few seniors start for your team. Must be nice for your coaching staff and budget to only have to recruit in-state- Not one player on your team from out of the state.

Comment

Cal Poly returns 10 starters on offense next year. Only senior on the offense is guard Daniel Bradley. Defense returns 8 starters so hopefully they will improve next year. If they do I think Cal Poly can have a big year.

SDSU has always been a tough minded program that is always one of the most physical teams on Cal Poly's schedule. The big difference now is not only are they tough minded and phyiscal, but they are also fast. I see a bright future for the Jacks in the Gateway. I will definately be pulling for you. You have a great program and awesome fans. I am glad to see SDSU on the schedule the next two years. I know that we wont be on all the Jacks schedules in the future, but I hope we will be on as many as possible.

Comment

Slo Stang:

Can you elaborate on #11. I've heard some rumors that he may leave early after this year. I saw him on the field and he is a MAN among boys out there. He is huge and very athletic. Again, they are just rumors, but he definitely has the size to play at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                Slo Stang:

Can you elaborate on #11. I've heard some rumors that he may leave early after this year. I saw him on the field and he is a MAN among boys out there. He is huge and very athletic. Again, they are just rumors, but he definitely has the size to play at the next level.
                He is definately a stud, but I have not heard about him leaving early. I think it would be a mistake. If he left this year he would be a late round draft pick. If he comes back and has another big year next year he has a chance to be a second round pick. Big difference in the pay check between a 2nd round pick and a 6th round pick. Plus next year I think that Cal Poly's offense will be scary good. They return 10 starters and I think they can make a deep run in the playoffs if they can improve on defense.

Comment

Just a quick tip of the hat to SloStang. You're a class act, Slo. I didn't get to watch as much of the game as I wanted, but what I saw, Poly looks to have a good rest of the season. Good luck the rest of the way. As for your classy demeanor, just another example of why it's good to be in D1 with real football fans.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Congrats to SDSU on the win.

You guys really look like your starting to dominate on both sides of the ball. Congrats on the turnaround of your season, hopfully you can keep it going up until the 17th.

SloStang is a class act, you always bring great knowledge on here, the bisonboard, and especially AGS
                    "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Both the Jack and Bison fans are first rate and both have great programs that are going to challenge for both the Gateway championship and national championship each year. That is what makes both schools leaving for the Gateway such a big loss for the GWFC. Hopefully we can see both on future schedules as often as possible.

I wish I could have made it back to both Brookings and Fargo for a game. I am going to try to make it out next year to Brookings. I met some great Jack fans last year in SLO and hope to meet even more in the backyard next season.

The SDSU/NDSU game in Brookings November 17th is going to be a great game. I am going to have to try to see that one on the computer. Hopefully we can give the Bison a game on the 10th and wear them down a little for the Jacks. Kind of like the Bison did to the Aggies for Cal Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
                        He is definately a stud, but I have not heard about him leaving early. I think it would be a mistake. If he left this year he would be a late round draft pick. If he comes back and has another big year next year he has a chance to be a second round pick. Big difference in the pay check between a 2nd round pick and a 6th round pick. Plus next year I think that Cal Poly's offense will be scary good. They return 10 starters and I think they can make a deep run in the playoffs if they can improve on defense.
                        Dally scares me more than Barden. It looked to me like Barden got frustrated and sort of quit on most of the plays in the second half. When he did make an effort, he scored a touchdown, but if any NFL scouts were in attendance, they probably weren't terribly impressed since the guy looked like he didn't want to be there. I certainly didn't see him initiate contact (blocking?) with anybody all day, except when he shoved our d-back out of the way to catch the touchdown. Both guys were going for the ball, so it was probably a good play by Barden.

Dally, on the other hand... that guy's good. I'm sure Cal Poly fans are frustrated because of the turnovers, but that sort of comes with the option. And on the play where Dally fumbled at the 6, he had made an unbelievable play at the line of scrimmage to get into the clear. Jimmy Rogers, who was faked out at the line, just hustled back to punch out the ball from behind. Dally's something special.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Dally scares me more than Barden. It looked to me like Barden got frustrated and sort of quit on most of the plays in the second half. When he did make an effort, he scored a touchdown, but if any NFL scouts were in attendance, they probably weren't terribly impressed since the guy looked like he didn't want to be there. I certainly didn't see him initiate contact (blocking?) with anybody all day, except when he shoved our d-back out of the way to catch the touchdown.
                          That's exactly the way we saw it. Barden didn't want to hit anybody. The only thing impressive about him was his size.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                          X