Concern about the field after Thursday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern about the field after Thursday night

Sounds like a bunch of rain coming through tomorrow and Thursday. With Brookings High school playing at CAS on Thursday night the field could really get torn up.

Re: Concern about the field after Thursday night

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of rain coming through tomorrow and Thursday. With Brookings High school playing at CAS on Thursday night the field could really get torn up.
    I'm hearing the concern with alot from alot of high schools some fields I guess are soaked... heck its fun to watch football in the mud... heck the rain may keep some students around for the weekend.....

Comment

I agree, someone needs to look at relocating the BHS game for Thursday night to a location with field turf. We are not talking normal wet conditions. We are within 1.5 inches of breaking the rainfall total for the wettest October in 100 years according to KELO. If the forecast holds true for potentially heavy rains on Wednesday and Thursday and BHS plays the game at CAS Thursday night the field will be a mess for the rest of the season. The JACKS have 3 important home games left to go and the grass will not recover this late in the year.

Comment

I wish they would move the game Thursday night, but doubt it will happen.

Comment

Garetson isn't that far but I heard a Minnesota team is playing there.....

Comment

SDSU/Cal Poly players tear up the CAS field more in warm-ups than the Hike School players will all night Thursday. Moving the high school game isn't going to help. Less rain and hopefully a windy, sunny Friday and Saturday afternoon will.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              SDSU/Cal Poly players tear up the CAS field more in warm-ups than the High School players will all night Thursday. Moving the high school game isn't going to help. Less rain and hopefully a windy, sunny Friday and Saturday afternoon will.

Go Jacks!!
              ProPar80 is right on here. If the field is wet enough on Sat. the SDSU/Cal-Poly game will do its own damage. The high school game will have little effect on the state of the field.

Comment

Helicopters...we need helicopters to hoover over the field Thursday afternoon to help expedite the drying process.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  Helicopters...we need helicopters to hoover over the field Thursday afternoon to help expedite the drying process.
                  Can't argue with that logic. A very cost-effective and sane recommendation indeed. (insert icon designating sarcasm with a hint of humor)
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Sounds like a good windy day expected tomorrow (Friday), and a very nice day Saturday. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow so the field can dry out a little.

Comment

Hopefully this bad weather front moves through at the right time and they have to cancel the High School game!
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Just curious, did BHS play their game tonight at SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
                          Just curious, did BHS play their game tonight at SDSU?
                          I'm assuming so since I haven't heard any different...they would be just getting ready to kick off if they are.

Comment

They played and I think the final score was:
                            Marshall (MN) 20, Brookings 0

KELO TV had film of the game...it looked pretty slippery in the middle of the filed but the grass appeared to be in place. The players had a nice coating of mud.

Comment

HaHa if Brookings lost to Marshall, who lost to Luverne, who lost to my alma mater Harrisburg. Thats makes class 11A town of 1500 Harrisburg Tigers, after some calculations, a 28-0 favorite over class 11AA town of 19,000 Brookings Bobcats. Classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X