NDSU-Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU-Gophers

I'll make a prediction on this one. NDSU-35 Gophers-27.

Good luck to the Bison. If they can beat the Gophs, that will make the Jackrabbits' victory in November even sweeter.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: NDSU-Gophers

It'll get really really really really old hearing all the comments from NDSU if they beats the Gophs, but I really hope they do it anyways. The game last year was a blast to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
      It'll get really really really really old hearing all the comments from NDSU if they beats the Gophs, but I really hope they do it anyways. The game last year was a blast to watch.
      It will be pretty sweet if they beat the Gophs, because they are losing the Dakota Trophy in November.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I dont think this year will be the same game as last year. Brewster seems to be aware of NDSU and on Sid Hartman's show said that Craig Bohl had a good program. I think the Gophers do not want to be embrassed with a close score, and depth properly used could help the Gophers this time around. 28-7 Gophers. The fans who called in to Hartman's show seem to encourage Brewster. A loss is not what he can afford.

Also with NDSU getting No 1 rating in the polls, everyone in Fargo is very optimistic and one of their former announcers Ed Schultz says NDSU should move to D1A, now, but Ed seems to forget that the FargoDome seats 18,000, and not 50,000. So that move could take a while. I love the optimism in Fargo, we could learn from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I dont think this year will be the same game as last year. Brewster seems to be aware of NDSU and on Sid Hartman's show said that Craig Bohl had a good program. I think the Gophers do not want to be embrassed with a close score, and depth properly used could help the Gophers this time around. 28-7 Gophers. The fans who called in to Hartman's show seem to encourage Brewster. A loss is not what he can afford.

Also with NDSU getting No 1 rating in the polls, everyone in Fargo is very optimistic and one of their former announcers Ed Schultz says NDSU should move to D1A, now, but Ed seems to forget that the FargoDome seats 18,000, and not 50,000. So that move could take a while. I love the optimism in Fargo, we could learn from that.
          I completely agree with this statement. We need to get it going in Brookings/SF/Eastern SD when it comes to Football, especially the home games after Hobo Day. I know SDSU has always been basketball first, but when it comes to D-1 and funding an athletic program, Football comes first, especially when you're a mid-major.
          I understand that if the Jacks were 4-2 instead of 2-4 we probably wouldn't be worrying about an attendance of over 10K, but is attendance over 10K really what we are striving for? I hope not, and I can guarantee NDSU wouldn't settle for that. Pheasant opener or not, if there is an SDSU football game that day, students, fans, alumni should make every effort to be there, I know our partners up north would be, especially since the administration moved it to a night game.

I'm assuming The Pride will not be at the game this weekend, considering I didn't recieve an answer from my previous post in a different thread?

Tell me how far are we going to let ourselves get behind NDSU as far as support for our team, before NDSU is so far ahead of us, that they are looking at the next level, FBS, and we have no chance? Just a question.

Go Jacks - P.S. I'll be tailgating at 2:00 pm sharp on Saturday...will you?
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I see the game will be broadcast on the Big 10 network. Dish network subscribers should get that channel, I think it is in the 400's somewhere.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              I'm assuming The Pride will not be at the game this weekend, considering I didn't recieve an answer from my previous post in a different thread?
              I meant to respond. Yes, the Pride will be there. And I heard them practicing "Everything's Coming Up Roses" yesterday.

No word yet on whether they'll play for SUU or NDSU, though.

Sorry, thread drift:

Back to the point. The "little guys in green" will win this game 31-17.

Brewster couldn't possibly have said anything stupider to give the Bison more incentive than they already had after last year's game.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Pheasant opener or not, if there is an SDSU football game that day, students, fans, alumni should make every effort to be there
                DITTO!!
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Heck, I got all fall to hunt. Let the tourists do their thing first. I only have three home games left. Can't go out to a football game after work like you can pheasant hunting!!

Comment

Anybody seen a line on this game? Could it possibly be that NDSU will be favored?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                      Anybody seen a line on this game? Could it possibly be that NDSU will be favored?

There are usually are no lines for FCS vs. FCS or FCS vs. FBS, until the the national championship for FCS. A good friend won a boatload on App. State last year.
                      There was no line on Michigan/App. State, I looked everywhere(legal that is). I've never bet on a sporting event, but I had my wife convinced, that if the line would've been more than three touchdowns for Michigan it would've paid for all our travels this year. Little did I know they would actaully win!

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

While driving down the road early this morning, I heard Sid Hartman on WCCO radio stating he was "confident" the Gophers will not lose to NDSU. He didn't say much and didn't use any harsh terms. He added the Gophers are a "little bette" than NDSU.

Comment

Could Sid be right on this one call? He has not been very complimentry of NDSU even after the BB win over Wisconsin. He said if NDSU was in the Big 10, they would go 0 and 18 in confernce play. That was a reply on the Sunday show to a NDSU fan caller, who wondered what Sid thought of NDSU.

Personally, NDSU had their best chance for an upset last year, and hanging with Gophers to the last play may not be as easy with a new coach who is trying to rebuild a program. The other factor as stated before is depth factor for U Of M. with 22 more scholarships, you should be nearly four deep at each position where as NDSU is maybe 3 at most.

Comment

I've seen neither team play this year (thank you Big Ten Network), but I have to think that even with more scholarships and more depth the Gophers will still struggle. They've been a terrible first half team, so I would have to think that NDSU will put up at least 3 TD if not more points in the first half and limit the Gophers offense. Second half is where the Gophers have played better so NDSU will have to hold off a late surge to win.

No predictions here. I will be watching tomorrow (thank you in-laws for having a dish). I will be pulling for the Bison though.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Is the game going to be on FSN North?

Comment

Working...
                              X