Attendance This Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance This Saturday

What are everybody's thoughts on this week's attendance? The weather forecast looks good for Saturday as of now, so hopefully it will help draw out a few more fans.

My guess is 10,250.

Go State !!!
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Attendance This Saturday

Since residence season opener was this past Saturday I expect that a lot students will stay in Brookings this weekend good weather and a team that we know means a good crowd.... Im going to think 12,073

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
      What are everybody's thoughts on this week's attendance? The weather forecast looks good for Saturday as of now, so hopefully it will help draw out a few more fans.

My guess is 10,250.

Go State !!!
      Anything less than 10,000 would be a disappointment. It's a conference game. I'm going to say 10,850.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        Since residence season opener was this past Saturday I expect that a lot students will stay in Brookings this weekend good weather and a team that we know means a good crowd.... Im going to think 12,073

Joe, I hope you are right here. Anything over 12K on this "HOLIDAY" would be spectacular.
        I just have a feeling it will be closer to 10K, given the UNI attendence. I think that if the Administration got 10K or better for the next two home games, they'll be doing cartwheels...even Dr. Oien.

In the end though...I would trade 10K people in the stands for a WIN!

Is The Pride showing up??

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Lots of good seats still available. I guess ticket sales are not doing as good as the past games.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            Lots of good seats still available. I guess ticket sales are not doing as good as the past games.
            It is pheasant season opener. Even though it is a night game to help curb the fact it is "a holiday" I will very happy with over 10,000.

Comment

I hate to say it, but with the opener and the hobo days hangover, I'm going to say the numbers will be around 8,000. I'd be surprised if they topped 9,000.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                It is pheasant season opener. Even though it is a night game to help curb the fact it is "a holiday" I will very happy with over 10,000.
                its only out of state opener... ya a lot of relatives come back for that but a lot of students will stay compared to past years when it was everybodies state opener.

Comment

its only out of state opener... ya a lot of relatives come back for that but a lot of students will stay compared to past years when it was everybodies state opener.
                  There is only one opener IMHO, and it is this weekend. Last weekend was the resident only, public land only opener, but this weekend is the true pheasant opener.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I know we have been getting fantastic crowds this year, but let's not forget just how bad Hobo Daze hangovers have been in the past. I don't know if you remember two years ago when attendance for the Georgia Southern and Southern Utah games totalled just over 4,000. Albeit, we had eight home games that year, I still don't see 10,000-12,000 for Cal Poly this year. I'm looking for a crowd of 7,000-8,000, which is still around four times larger than Hobo Hangovers from the past.

Bottom line...We've come a long way in a couple years. I love the optimism, but we shouldn't be disappointed with a crowd of less than 10,000 at this stage.

Comment

Not really correct. This weekend is the pheasant opener for everyone. Last weekend was in-state residents on public lands only, not a big deal. Attendance will suffer pretty significantly. As I tell my friends, family and co-workers, the 3rd weekend in October is booked forever. 10,000 would be great.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Not really correct. This weekend is the pheasant opener for everyone. Last weekend was in-state residents on public lands only, not a big deal. Attendance will suffer pretty significantly. As I tell my friends, family and co-workers, the 3rd weekend in October is booked forever. 10,000 would be great.
                        Well said. Many people don't even bother going out on the resident opener. Now the REAL opener....well it's a holiday. Almost as big as the opener of deer rifle season.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Almost as big as the opener of deer rifle season.
                          I would say it's bigger.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            I would say it's bigger.
                            In South Dakota the 3rd weekend in October is The Opener, akin to the deer opener in Minnesota. I still might make it to the game.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Count me as one person who will be hunting this weekend and not in Brookings cheering the Jacks. Tough for me to pass on this good of a game, but like you said, this is the ONE weekend a year that everyone is home to get together and spend the weekend in the field.

I'm just hoping I can find a way to catch most of the game on Jackrabbit Extra, although it could be tough with everything going on with the relatives this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X