Jake Heisinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Heisinger

Jake was in a skate boarding accident on Tuesday night around midnight. He fell and fractured his skull and sustained a concussion. His buddy that was with him at the time called 911 and they rushed him into the hospital by ambulance. At the Brookings hospital he had a cat scan where bleeding and swelling of the brain was noticed. He was then taken to the Avera McKennan hospital in Sioux Falls South Dakota where the neuro surgeon was waiting. He immediately went into brain surgery to release the pressure and swelling in his brain and remove the blood clots.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewM...od=executeInit
    http://sdstate.facebook.com/group.ph...7126117&ref=mf
    I hope everything turns out ok for Jake.

Re: Jake Heisinger

This sounds eerily similar to what happened to Kevin Morsching. Let's keep Jake and his friends and family in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Ok, I just read the facebook updates and it sounds like Jake is doing well. He has woken up and is speaking with his family. Great news! My thoughts and prayers are still with Jake and his family.

Comment

KELO-LAND TV at 6:00 PM today (10/09/07) reported the States Attorney was investigating because there's an allegation he was being pulled behind a car (as in voluntarily 'hitching' a ride on his skateboard behind the car) when he went down.

Great to hear he waking up. It was reported he was with friends and medical attention was obtained very quickly. That can sometimes make all the difference.

Comment

I heard about this at a FB game Friday night. Hadn't heard anymore till today. Glad to hear he is responding. Our prayers are with him and his family...

Comment

Any new word on how Jake is doing?

Comment

The facebook updates indicated Jake is out of the hospital and doing fine. The doctors told him he was very lucky and a CAT scan revealed he fractured his skull in nine places. But, he is going to return to California for now and return to school next fall, whether that will be at SDSU is unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                The facebook updates indicated Jake is out of the hospital and doing fine. The doctors told him he was very lucky and a CAT scan revealed he fractured his skull in nine places. But, he is going to return to California for now and return to school next fall, whether that will be at SDSU is unknown.
                Coach Liles says he is coming back to school (I believe at semester) and Jake is hoping to be able to start wrestling. I think the coach would like to be sure he doesn't push it beyond being sensible about the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  Coach Liles says he is coming back to school (I believe at semester) and Jake is hoping to be able to start wrestling. I think the coach would like to be sure he doesn't push it beyond being sensible about the injury.
                  I spoke with one of his cousins last week (I guess there's like 70 of them) and she told me the same thing. He's back home right now but will be back at SDSU to start a new semester. She also told me an interesting fact about Jake; maybe most of you already know this but Jake is somewhat of a movie star. In the movie Pearl Harbor, Jake is one of the teenagers playing baseball when Pearl Harbor is attacked (he's the pitcher). He's also on the cover of the second disc of the dvd.

Comment

Working...
                  X