SDSU Uniform Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Uniform Sale

What did everyone get in the uniform sale? I got a sweet track singlet from the 70s and a white pair of basketball shorts from the late 90s.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Re: SDSU Uniform Sale

A sweet track singlet from the 70s? Geez, makes me feel old...I wore one of those.

Comment

I got:
      A #32 yellow men's jersey from the late 90's I believe that I am going to have Brian Norberg and Megan Vogel sign and have framed.
      A #40 white men's jersey with the US flag on it.
      A #88 white football jersey I believe was the set before last year, that is going to be a pretty cool gift when I am done with it.
      A #88 blue jersey that is now my "game day" wear.
      A #8 blue jersey from last year.

Comment

I wanted Kai to get one of his uniforms from last year, I wanted to get it signed and framed but it was gone before he had a chance to get it...oh well maybe they will sell some in the near future in the bookstore, and we can buy one then.

Comment

My wife got a blue soccer jersey #23. Didn't find anything else. Blue made a nice haul.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            A sweet track singlet from the 70s? Geez, makes me feel old...I wore one of those.
            Sorry JD didn't mean to make you feel old. It does have your avatar on it. It makes me realize how much sizing has changed. It is an XXL and fits more like todays L or maybe even M.

Wow blue impressive haul.

Comment

I was very happy my surveying lab got out 2 hours early on Tuesday when the sale started even then there was quite a few people going through the stuff a half hour into the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                Sorry JD didn't mean to make you feel old. It does have your avatar on it. It makes me realize how much sizing has changed. It is an XXL and fits more like todays L or maybe even M.

Wow blue impressive haul.
                JimmieTuba: you may also have a modern classic. The yellow tops with the old rabbit was worn by the cross country team on occasion for the past two or three years. This year the team is wearing a new uniform.

In the 70s, the cross country team had the classic T-shirt (see my avatar) which was revived about six years ago...it's a hot commodity on the running circuit and you'll run into people wearing that shirt far from Brookings. For races, I recall the predominant uniform for cross country and track was a yellow top with the blue SDSU curved on the front and a blue number on the back. Pretty simple stuff.

I suppose you can check the approximate age of a uniform in most sports by looking at the pictures on the wall in Frost Arena.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

you may also have a modern classic.
                  Go Jackrabbits!
                  Darn, I thought you were going to complete that thought with a hint at insider knowledge on the mascot news.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

JimmieTuba: you may also have a modern classic. The yellow tops with the old rabbit was worn by the cross country team on occasion for the past two or three years. This year the team is wearing a new uniform.

In the 70s, the cross country team had the classic T-shirt (see my avatar) which was revived about six years ago...it's a hot commodity on the running circuit and you'll run into people wearing that shirt far from Brookings. For races, I recall the predominant uniform for cross country and track was a yellow top with the blue SDSU curved on the front and a blue number on the back. Pretty simple stuff.

I suppose you can check the approximate age of a uniform in most sports by looking at the pictures on the wall in Frost Arena.

Go Jackrabbits!
                    I would agree on you if it wasn't such a small XXL and the fact that it is cotton. Anything modern would have been mesh or a tech cloth.

I have heard about these t-shirts and want to get my hands on one. The singlet is sweet. I just can't wear it out.
                    Last edited by JimmieTuba; 10-10-2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Did anyone happen to pick up a #19 women's jersey from the 1999-2001 era? I was talking with my friend Sherri this weekend and she would like one.

Comment

Working...
                      X