Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How were Jacks fans treated in Statesboro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How were Jacks fans treated in Statesboro?

FWIW:

I'm sure most SDSU fans are happy to just forget about last weeks football game between our Eagles and your Jackrabbits, but before we close out the SDSU/GSU connection for this season I'm just curious.

For those Jackrabbit fans who made the trip to Statesboro, how were you treated by our folks? I know our student section can be rowdy, but they think it is expected of them, and probably is if the truth were known.

This was the 3rd meeting between our respective teams and it seems that while we have a good rivalry going, it's not a "hate" rivalry, more of a "we respect your program" and expect you to respect ours rivalry....

I hope our fans were civil, and that the SDSU fans who made the trip left with a good impression of our little town and stadium..

Thanks!

J. Pomeroy

P.S. Yep.. Most GSU fans know we should never have won that game..... Your super kicker faulters, once, and our walkon kicker shines.. Just our day I guess.

Re: How were Jacks fans treated in Statesboro?

We were treated with respect...great football fans. Many fans came up to us after the game and also stated they were lucky to get the win. Beautiful stadium and great knowledgable football fans. Only compliant was the heat and humidity during the first half and the wonderful gnats after the game.........Great time was had

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
      We were treated with respect...great football fans. Many fans came up to us after the game and also stated they were lucky to get the win. Beautiful stadium and great knowledgable football fans. Only compliant was the heat and humidity during the first half and the wonderful gnats after the game.........Great time was had
      Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
      footballfan:

Glad to hear you were well treated..

The heat and humidity were planned, but for some unknown reason it seemed to affect our Eagles more than it did your Jacks.. Go figure?

The gnats were scheduled to arrive early in the 3rd quarter, but were delayed in a holding pattern by ATC over the Okefenokee Swamp. By the time they finally got to Statesboro it was too late for them to harrass the Jacks.

Looking forward to another contest in two years in South Dakota! Be gentle, our guys are small..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

Comment

Thanks for coming on the forum and good luck the rest of the way. We sure could have used the win Saturday, especially after the Cubs took a quiet exit from the playoffs. Thought the Bears were going to rip my heart too, but managed to get one win this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          Thanks for coming on the forum and good luck the rest of the way. We sure could have used the win Saturday, especially after the Cubs took a quiet exit from the playoffs. Thought the Bears were going to rip my heart too, but managed to get one win this weekend!

Jack4Life:

Been a pleasure..

It seems the great majority of fans from both schools enjoy this little rivalry.. I'll be keeping an eye on the Jacks the rest of the season and hope your guys win 'em all!

Best Wishes From SE Georgia.

J.Pomeroy

Comment

As one of THE CHAIN GANG that visited Statesboro this weekend, I would like to say what a great group of people. The Red Flag Crew (Doc, Jimmy and the rest of the group) awsome hospitality and great food. The fans during the game were enjoyable some good heckling back and forth but very respectful. Wish the outcome would have been different. We are looking forward to Tailgating again at COUGHLIN in Sept 2009, and another good game!!!

Thanks again for a great game and THE SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY

"THE CHAIN GANG"

Comment

Working...
            X