Cal Poly at CAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly at CAS

Up next: Great West Conference foe, the Cal Poly Mustangs at Coughlin Alumni Stadium, 10/20/07, 7:00 p.m. kickoff.

Cal Poly's results so far:
    Lost at Texas State, 38-35
    Lost at Idaho, 20-13
    Won hosting Weber State, 47-19
    Won hosting Western Oregon, 24-17
    Won hosting Northern Colorado, 56-21

The only common opponent so far was Texas State, a team the
    Jacks thrashed, 38-3. Cal Poly's opponents have the following records through this weekend:
    • Texas State, including Saturday's 41-20 home-opener loss to Southland Conference foe McNeese, is 1-4 for the year;
    • Idaho lost Saturday, 28-20, to San Jose State, a Western Athletic Conference foe, and are now 1-5 on the season;
    • Weber State is 1-4 on the year, notching its first win on Saturday against Sacramento State, 26-7;
    • Western Oregon (DII), is 4-1 with Saturday's win over Humboldt State (DII), 27-3;
    • Northern Colorado is 0-6 including Saturday's loss at Idaho State, 26-14.

Re: Cal Poly at CAS

Maybe we should save money on the trip and concede the game to the Jacks. I think Cal Poly will give you a better game than many may think.

We played Texas State at different times in the year and we played them on the road. Cal Poly open the year with 6 new starters on defense against a team they had no game tape on. Cal Poly's defense is improving each week as the new starters continue to mature and learn the defense. The offense scored 35 points on the road without the help of the defense.

As far as Weber State, their losses are to Boise State, #24 Cal Poly, #13 Montana State and #1 Montana. Cal Poly's offense put 47 points on the board against Weber State's defense while they held Montana State's offense to 7 points and Montana's to 18. Cal Poly did this without their top two RBs (James Noble and Ryan Mole), and their starting center and tackle (Field and Porter). All four will play this weekend.

I think the Jacks are a top 25 team that has played one of the tougher schedules in the FCS. With a couple of breaks the Jacks could be 5-1 against that tough schedule. I am more concerned playing SDSU on the road then playing NDSU at home. The Jacks play very physical football. The Mustangs will have to play their best game to be in the game against the Jacks, especially on the road. I think they are capable of it. It will be fun to find out.
    Last edited by SloStang; 10-08-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
      Maybe we should save money on the trip and concede the game to the Jacks. I think Cal Poly will give you a better game than many may think.

We played Texas State at different times in the year and we played them on the road. Cal Poly open the year with 6 new starters on defense against a team they had no game tape on. Cal Poly's defense is improving each week as the new starters continue to mature and learn the defense. The offense scored 35 points on the road without the help of the defense.

As far as Weber State, their losses are to Boise State, #24 Cal Poly, #13 Montana State and #1 Montana. Cal Poly's offense put 56 points on the board against Weber State's defense while they held Montana State's offense to 7 points and Montana's to 18. Cal Poly did this without their top two RBs (James Noble and Ryan Mole), and their starting center and tackle (Field and Porter). All four will play this weekend.

I think the Jacks are a top 25 team that has played one of the tougher schedules in the FCS. With a couple of breaks the Jacks could be 5-1 against that tough schedule. I am more concerned playing SDSU on the road then playing NDSU at home. The Jacks play very physical football. The Mustangs will have to play their best game to be in the game against the Jacks, especially on the road. I think they are capable of it. It will be fun to find out.
      I don't think anybody here is overconfident about Cal Poly. You've got UC Davis this week and we've got a bye. Coach Stig has said he's glad for the bye since it gives us an extra week to prepare for Poly's unique schemes. Every game we've played against Cal Poly has been close. I'd expect another battle to the wire this year.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

There is no question I am excited about this game. Cal Poly is a team that we have had 3 great games with. I look forward to an excited night at Coughlin - Are you making the trip SloStang?
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          There is no question I am excited about this game. Cal Poly is a team that we have had 3 great games with. I look forward to an excited night at Coughlin - Are you making the trip SloStang?
          I wish I was, but not this year. I am going to try and make it next year. I have talked to a few people that went two years ago and they had nothing but great things to say about their trip. They said the Jack fans were awesome and they had a great time in the Back Yard tailgating.

I have always thought very highly of SDSU and it's fans and that only went up when I saw that they signed a home and home with the Mustangs the next two years. With only three OOC games to schedule the Jacks could have scheduled a game closer to home, it is greatly appreciated that you continued the serries with the Mustangs.

The games with the Jacks have all been battles that have not been decided until late in the fourth quarter. I am expecting another great game, but the Jacks having an extra week scares the hell out of me. Does SDSU video stream their home games? I would love to see this game.

Enjoy your free weekend. I look forward to talking about this game over the next two weeks.

Comment

Starting this year, our games are video streamed although you'll have to pay for a $10/month subscription.

Comment

I wish I was, but not this year. I am going to try and make it next year. I have talked to a few people that went two years ago and they had nothing but great things to say about their trip. They said the Jack fans were awesome and they had a great time in the Back Yard tailgating.

I have always thought very highly of SDSU and it's fans and that only went up when I saw that they signed a home and home with the Mustangs the next two years. With only three OOC games to schedule the Jacks could have scheduled a game closer to home, it is greatly appreciated that you continued the serries with the Mustangs.

The games with the Jacks have all been battles that have not been decided until late in the fourth quarter. I am expecting another great game, but the Jacks having an extra week scares the hell out of me. Does SDSU video stream their home games? I would love to see this game.

Enjoy your free weekend. I look forward to talking about this game over the next two weeks.
              I'd say the Poly and Davis fans are some of the nicest people I have met. I think Cal-Poly will come in to CAS with a game plan unlike any we have seen this year. I hope our D-line can get some pressure on the QB or the secondary is going to be busy. Don't know if I 'll make it for the game but I know I'll be listening if I don't.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Starting this year, our games are video streamed although you'll have to pay for a $10/month subscription.
                You would pay more for a ticket to the game. I am excited that I will be able to see the game and not just listen to it. Where would I sign up to watch the game?

Comment

You would pay more for a ticket to the game. I am excited that I will be able to see the game and not just listen to it. Where would I sign up to watch the game?
                  gojacks.com

Looking forward to the game SLO and conference play!!

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Go to the Multimedia section of www.gojacks.com. From there I have faith even you could figure the rest out ;-)

Comment

Cal Poly leading Cal Davis in the 2nd Quarter 21-7.

Comment

28-21 with 6 min left in 2nd quarter.

Ramses Barden already has 3 TD's and 139 yards for Cal Poly, will be interesting to see if we can shut him down next week.

Comment

If anyone is interested here is a link to live stats.

http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/play...html?code=ucda

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            If anyone is interested here is a link to live stats.

http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/play...html?code=ucda
                            Thanks for the info. I must not have much of a life. Watching LSA-Kentucky and have the live update from Cal Poly on the computer. Did manage to tap the Heineken keg though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              Thanks for the info. I must not have much of a life. Watching LSA-Kentucky and have the live update from Cal Poly on the computer. Did manage to tap the Heineken keg though...
                              I can be over there in about 5 minutes, what's your address again? Kidding, just got back from Cabelas so I could use some free beer. Keep the updates coming. How about them Huskers?
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X