Your recievers and our DBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your recievers and our DBs

I thought that our DBs were very lucky not to have any interference calls against them. They were all over your recievers on certain plays. That factor definitely helped us too.

Thoughts?

Re: Your recievers and our DBs

I'm not surprised. I'm used to seeing receivers manhandled at home games with no calls. I guess it follows on the road as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
      I'm not surprised. I'm used to seeing receivers manhandled at home games with no calls. I guess it follows on the road as well.
      SoCon refs are about as bad as it gets. The SoCon officials are as bad as the MEAC.

Comment

Originally posted by GSUisYourDad View Post
        I thought that our DBs were very lucky not to have any interference calls against them. They were all over your recievers on certain plays. That factor definitely helped us too.

Thoughts?
        I agree. That might have been some of the lobbying SDSU players were doing to officials
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          I agree. That might have been some of the lobbying SDSU players were doing to officials
          Usually the SoCon refs are biased against us, the evil empire. But today, I thought we got a lot of help from them on the non-calls in the secondary.

The way I felt going into the 4th quarter, I still can't believe we won that game.
          Send lawyers, guns, and money.
          www.opiegsu.blogspot.com

Comment

Any man that can quote "Warren Zevon" is alright with me.

Comment

Great song. "Werewolf in London" is one of the all-time best party songs. Opie's right about the SoCon refs. These guys are so blind, they constantly miss where to spot the ball.

Comment

For the uninitiated...

"Lawyers, Guns and Money" is a track on the Zevon album Excitable Boy, Zevon's third album which included the top-40 hit "Werewolves in London" as well as the title track, Excitable Boy. The album was reissued this summer and still has big sales. Zevon died in 2003 from mesothelioma (cancer associated with asbestos exposure...real bad stuff).

I recall seeing his last appearance on Letterman in 2002. It was great.

He was a wise-guy to the end. When asked about facing death, he had a couple of memorable comments: One was: I guess I made a tactical error in not visiting physicians for 20 years. Another was: "Enjoy every sandwich."

Hmm...are we straying from the topic? Ah-oooooooooo, Werewolves in London!

Comment

I've been a fan of WZ since the old days.

He also wrote "Poor Poor Pitiful Me."

My favorite album of his is, I think, Sentimental Hygene, where his band for much of the album was R.E.M.

Not sure what this has to do with receivers and DB's, but "Even A Dog Can Shake Hands."
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X