BCS Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCS Games

I know we have Iowa State next year and Minnesota in 2009. I heard in the tailgate area on Saturday that we just signed a contract with Nebraska in 2010 or 2011. Heard it from some what I would think are reliable sources. Hate to start this if it is just a rumor, but just want to clarify if it is going to happen. Not sure if I believe it. Has anyone else heard about this?

Re: BCS Games

I heard a few years ago that they came calling but hadn't heard anything lately. Wouldn't doubt its true. It would be a nice 1/2 mill.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

I heard something where the Minnesota contract had a mutual option for 2010 and they were going to wait until they knew what the affect of that would be until looking into further BCS contracts but with the opinion of Minnesota's new coach on playing D-I FCS teams maybe they already scrapped that game.

Comment

http://www.huskerpedia.com/2010s.html

I don't see anything listed in the future schedules about a match up. Nebraska pays around $750,000 for home non-conference games. That is one of the highest in the country. I doubt they would line up a D1 FCS game more than a year or so in advance. If it is true...look out O street.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          I know we have Iowa State next year and Minnesota in 2009. I heard in the tailgate area on Saturday that we just signed a contract with Nebraska in 2010 or 2011. Heard it from some what I would think are reliable sources. Hate to start this if it is just a rumor, but just want to clarify if it is going to happen. Not sure if I believe it. Has anyone else heard about this?
          My understanding, and yes some of it just rumors:

2008 Iowa St.
          2009 Minnesota
          2010 Minnesota
          2011 Nebraska

My source is different from 4life's and I'll say again, just speculation on 2010 and 11.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=3198

I understand this to be the case as well. I'm not sure who other people's sources are but I do know that I fully trust the person who told me. This game will happen, and I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
            X