This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are going to kill Georgia Southern

Our fans are crazy. We haven't beaten anyone worth a hoot this year, and we struggled with some bad teams. On top of that our defense is bad. You will pass on us all day long.
    If you can stop Foster consistently, you will blow us out. That's a big "IF" though.

SDSU 43
    GSU 23

Rebuilding sucks

www.opiegsu.blogspot.com
    Last edited by GSUisYourDad; 10-01-2007, 06:29 PM.

Re: You are going to kill Georgia Southern

Why do I feel I am being fed a line of crap? I think it is going to take ball control to win this one. It is really a nice change of pace to have teams with fans that are realistic and fun to talk to. I hope we do handle you, but let's hope for a good game and hope both teams play well.

Comment

Our defense is just really poor. They played their first good game of this season last Saturday against Western Carolina. They've been chewed up by D-II west ga, Chattanooga, and Coastal Carolina. None of those teams are worth a damn. On top of that, while our defense did play well Saturday, WCU turned the ball over like they had an OCD habit of doing so.
      Our young D-Cooridinator just changed around a couple of things though, but I still think we're vulnerable as hell on defense. If you hung 45 on SFA, you'll do the same or worse to us I am afraid to admit. I think your QB will pick us apart.
      On offense, I doubt that you have anyone on your defense who can tackle Jayson Foster one-on-one, or even two-on-one. However, he can be stopped if you gang tackle him all game. For GSU to beat you guys, Foster will have to do it through the air, and our defense will have to pressure your QB.
      If we do those two things, we'll keep it close. If not, you'll beat us handily.

www.opiegsu.blogspot.com

Comment

Apparently, this thread is percieved on the GSU messageboard as me "trashing" GSU.
        What a bunch of fools. I simply gave my honest and objectve opinion.
        Read my blog, and you'll soon find out that I am more often right than I am wrong.
        Good lord, I cannot stand www.tscsports.com. It's Rube Nation

Comment

Opie, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Killem View Post
            Opie, is that you?
            Si, senor.

www.opiegsu.blogspot.com

Comment

Good to hear from you.

Comment

It sounds as if you're sandbagging, selling GSU short so SDSU will overlook them.

Comment

Georgia Southern fans have always been known for sandbagging. However, this time there is real concern. Our top three RB's are hurt, Lamar Lewis and Mike Hamilton have twisted ankles and freshman Zeke Rosiertore up his knee and is done for the year. Hamiltopn is back but has looked like he is still hobbled. Lewis has not played. Middle linebacker, Quentin Taylor, has not played in the previous two games due to injury. I don't know his or Lewis' status for Saturday.
                  We are down to three cornerbacks, Henry Chubb, a transfer from Troy got a concussion during our second game, at Coastal Carolina and it ended his career. Another was dismissed from the team last week for running his mouth. Our strong safety was last year's backup QB and the free safety was our leading rusher last year. Now we are heading into the tough part of our schedule, starting with SDSU.

Yes, I am concerned. But I really love what Coach Hatcher is doing so I think we will be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem View Post
                    Georgia Southern fans have always been known for sandbagging. However, this time there is real concern. Our top three RB's are hurt, Lamar Lewis and Mike Hamilton have twisted ankles and freshman Zeke Rosiertore up his knee and is done for the year. Hamiltopn is back but has looked like he is still hobbled. Lewis has not played. Middle linebacker, Quentin Taylor, has not played in the previous two games due to injury. I don't know his or Lewis' status for Saturday.
                    We are down to three cornerbacks, Henry Chubb, a transfer from Troy got a concussion during our second game, at Coastal Carolina and it ended his career. Another was dismissed from the team last week for running his mouth. Our strong safety was last year's backup QB and the free safety was our leading rusher last year. Now we are heading into the tough part of our schedule, starting with SDSU.

Yes, I am concerned. But I really love what Coach Hatcher is doing so I think we will be prepared.
                    Yeah, but you've got Jayson Foster. You could put me and Jacks#1Fan in the backfield with him, and GSU would still be a very potent offensive team.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

WARNING: It may be wise to bring appropriate gear for rainny weather. It has rainned for the last three days and it is expected to continue through the weekend.

BTW, we have a 10x20 tent with sidewalls. Rain doesn't hinder the RED FLAG Gang from tailgating. We plan to take care of our friends from the South.........Dakota that is.

Comment

Here's a legit question. Does a sloppy field hurt or help either team?
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                          Here's a legit question. Does a sloppy field hurt or help either team?
                          I'm sure it helps slow down Jayson Foster. That's good for us. Don't they have field turf down there? Probably handles the rain pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                            I'm sure it helps slow down Jayson Foster. That's good for us. Don't they have field turf down there? Probably handles the rain pretty well.

Good point. Its the end of the day. All the cylinders aren't firing right now.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Well, if it has any effect on us like it did in the game at the beginning of last season that I shall not further mention, it is probably not a good thing for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X