Hobo Day Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day Tailgating

What's the report on tailgating in the backyard for Hobo Day this year?

Re: Hobo Day Tailgating

Looked like a good crowd to me. I didn't get a chance to wonder too far from our spot, but there were a lot of people milling around. Administration seemed to be working the crowd along with coaches. Dr. Oien, Keith Mallem and Jim Speirs (Alumni Association) stopped by and said hi as did Coach Nagy. A little windy, but burger, brats and beer know no boundaries when it comes to tailgating. Weather was plenty warm. Our Yankton group probably had over 125-150 people through the area in the couple of hours before the game.

Comment

I had heard from a few people that the scene got pretty ugly out there when they tried to clear the students out before the game started.

The students better be careful with their protests, or the department will just go ahead and sell out the tailgate area instead of leaving an area for students. The sad part is that there were plenty of students in attendance that followed the policy just fine, it's the idiots that are looking for a drunk that are going to ruin it for the rest.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
        I had heard from a few people that the scene got pretty ugly out there when they tried to clear the students out before the game started.

The students better be careful with their protests, or the department will just go ahead and sell out the tailgate area instead of leaving an area for students. The sad part is that there were plenty of students in attendance that followed the policy just fine, it's the idiots that are looking for a drunk that are going to ruin it for the rest.
        I just heard this morning there was some problems also. If they want to party, go to a bar or a house party. If they want a beer and go to a football game, then go to the tailgating. Remember why they have the tailgating-FOOTBALL GAME...This is the state's property, they can make their own rules. I like not having people crawling over you 15 minutes into the game to get to their seats cause they wanted a couple more beers. And I am not against a few beers before a game, but keep in mind why we came out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          I just heard this morning there was some problems also. If they want to party, go to a bar or a house party. If they want a beer and go to a football game, then go to the tailgating. Remember why they have the tailgating-FOOTBALL GAME...This is the state's property, they can make their own rules. I like not having people crawling over you 15 minutes into the game to get to their seats cause they wanted a couple more beers. And I am not against a few beers before a game, but keep in mind why we came out there...
          Another old guy saying AMEN. Rep points earned.

Comment

This is a longshot, but ... here goes. It's a long story, but I lost an SDSU jersey in the Back Yard Saturday during the pre-Hobo Day game fun. It was an older blue jersey, No. 13. It wasn't last year's jersey with the thin yellow strips down the shoulder. It was the series before. There's a yellow and white ring strip around the end of the sleeve and the number above it, I think. The arms were tied/taped from the days it was in use. Got it at the gear sale last week. My guess from memory is it was Andy Rennerfelt's. Just wondering if anybody stumbled across it or whether you guys know who I could contact ... lost and found or something like that. She's probably gone for the ages, but it was a gift, so ... here's my plea/best idea to try and find it. Thanks. Just leave a post if you have any info.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
            X