Numbers USD Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers USD Numbers

So USD lets take another look at numbers....

Attendance in 3 SDSU games
    UNI---10,844
    TSU---14,982
    Hobo Day---15,338

with USD capacity of 10,000 they would have to turn away
    844 X $12= $10,128
    4,982 X $12= $59,784
    5,338 X $12= $64,056
    Total= $133,968

With the average scholarship in that $11,000 range thats 12 scholarships

With USD going D-I they are going to have to realize that it is a lot more then wins and losses... Yes wins help but if you can't fund the program you aren't going to achieve wins and by turning away almost $134,000 because you play in a small stadium will be something hard to overcome....

Re: Numbers USD Numbers

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    So USD lets take another look at numbers....

Attendance in 3 SDSU games
    UNI---10,844
    TSU---14,982
    Hobo Day---15,338

with USD capacity of 10,000 they would have to turn away
    844 X $12= $10,128
    4,982 X $12= $59,784
    5,338 X $12= $64,056
    Total= $133,968

With the average scholarship in that $11,000 range thats 12 scholarships

With USD going D-I they are going to have to realize that it is a lot more then wins and losses... Yes wins help but if you can't fund the program you aren't going to achieve wins and by turning away almost $134,000 because you play in a small stadium will be something hard to overcome....
    Good point Joeboo...A few years back when USD elected to replace the roof on the dome, one alumni from USD told me they would be better off abandoning the dome and putting that money toward a multi-purpose facility and football stadium. The vision at that time must not have included a move to D1. I wonder what their choice would be today?

Oh well, enought about this, let's get back to the Jacks. Great day Saturday!!

Comment

If SDSU was the school with a dome I can just about promise you the talk would be competely different. It would focus on all the fans that would have come to games that would not of had the game been outside because of the weather. It would be how loud the dome was when the 10,000 plus were cheering their lungs out. It would be how great of a home field advantage it would be and how USD is the cheap school being the only one in of the UXD's or XDSU's not to have a dome. It would be how great it was for the economy of Brookings and the boost they would get from having the high school football playoffs. SDSU fans are spin doctors at their best.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        If SDSU was the school with a dome I can just about promise you the talk would be competely different. It would focus on all the fans that would have come to games that would not of had the game been outside because of the weather. It would be how loud the dome was when the 10,000 plus were cheering their lungs out. It would be how great of a home field advantage it would be and how USD is the cheap school being the only one in of the UXD's or XDSU's not to have a dome. It would be how great it was for the economy of Brookings and the boost they would get from having the high school football playoffs. SDSU fans are spin doctors at their best.
        Yellow and Blue colors, cowbells, and a USD asskicking...priceless.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You make a bunch of statements, suggesting SDSU might make them given different circumstances, and then you call SDSU fans "spin doctors." That's not even funny smack. You can do better, Coyote Fan.

Comment

Here is the way I look at it..... Building the dome was a great decision when they built the dome but going D-I with a D-II facility was a mistake.... not to mention putting millions into the dome but not expanding capacity.

Comment

Couple of things and then I am going to shutup. I know the salesman that sold the seating in the dome when it was built in the late 70's. He told me there was under 10,000 seating when it was built. Since then they have reudced the seating mainly on the student side of the dome. Therefore, 10,000 is not a possibility anymore. Even if adding seats above the student section was completed, I doubt they could seat 12K.

The DakotaDome is a great homefield advantage, just like the FargoDome is for NDSU. I am not saying that I wish SDSU had a dome. As a matter of fact, I would rather freeze my ass off with 5000 other fans than watch a game in a dome. Don't care where it is at, Fargo, Vermillion or Minneapolis. I don't like watching footbal in them and hate watching basketball in them. This isn't sour grapes, I just don't like them.

Comment

Another advantage to being outdoors is the element of wind. Someone somewhere commented that a 15 mph wind will throw off a good passing team that plays at home in a dome. It might have been a USD fan over on D2football. I think Saturday that point was loud and clear as SFA kept their offense very simple for fear of the 30 mph at CAS. Coach Harper admitted to Coach Stig that they normally did not have to deal with 30mph winds.

I also told one of my friends at Saturday breakfast, that whoever won the toss of the Hobo Day game could control the game to a certain extent by having the wind to your back in the second and fourth quarters. SFA did win the toss and still lost 45-0 so that not always true. It only seemed to be true when SDSU played outdoors in Grand Forks before the big flood and the Alerus Center. I remember one game where that did happen early in Stig's era, and we never got anything going. We got clobbered.

At any rate, a Dome at USD is Not superior and Joeboo has come up with an interesting analysis. Its better to be an SDSU alum then a USD alum. We wont have to dig as deep into our pockets for the old alma mater. Good luck USD with the march to D1.

Comment

It really seems like Coyote_Fan has sort of come unglued here since their 31-7 loss and with another tough road game looming this week. Take a breath, Coyote_Fan. Our stadium is bigger. We like it. Your stadium is a great home field advantage for football. You like it. You come here (to the smack section, no less) and expect thoughtful and rational discussion?
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                  X