Parker Douglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Douglass

Parker has been named the Great West Player of the Week.
    http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1252725
    South Dakota State University kicker Parker Douglass has been named Great West Football Conference Special Teams Player of the Week after a record-setting performance in the Jackrabbits' Hobo Day victory over Stephen F. Austin (Texas).
    A senior from Columbus, Neb., Douglass set three school records and a conference record in the Sept. 29 game at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. In the third quarter, he broke his own school record for longest field goal with a 57-yarder, which also set a new GWFC mark. The kick also marked his 12th consecutive successful field goal attempt dating back to last season, erasing a 12-year-old Jackrabbit record set by Brett Gorden.

Later in the third quarter, Douglass kicked the 107th extra point of his career, breaking Gorden's record of 106 from 1995-98. Douglass, who ended the game 3-for-3 on field goal attempts, is 10-for-10 on field goal tries and 15-of-15 on PATs this season.

Re: Parker Douglass

That blurb made me feel old. Gordo and I are the same age. 12 years ago? Really? That doesn't seem possible. Gordo was very accurate, but his range ran out in the 45-50 yard area. I think Parker's runs out around the 60 yard area depending on the wind. A nice weapon to have.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Parker was making some from the SD logo at center field before the game with the wind helping. I remember Gorden too I'm getting old too.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        Parker was making some from the SD logo at center field before the game with the wind helping. I remember Gorden too I'm getting old too.
        Conratulations to Parker on the great game and season. Don't start pulling this "getting old" crap of 12 years. How many remember Dan DeLahunt (sp?)? 76Rabbit might...One of the first soccer style kickers I remember at SDSU. But hey, I think 76 might have swung the foot a few times...

Comment

I remember Dan DeLaHunt....aka De La Foot. He was a good one, very reliable kicker for the Jackrabbits in about 1973-76.

Comment

One of my souvenirs is a 1976 SDSU media guide. De La Hunt is pictured in the book. I got to maybe one game during 1973-76 so can say I recall him. It good to hear he was a great kicker. I think Donny Charleson is pictured in that book as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              One of my souvenirs is a 1976 SDSU media guide. De La Hunt is pictured in the book. I got to maybe one game during 1973-76 so can say I recall him. It good to hear he was a great kicker. I think Donny Charleson is pictured in that book as well.
              Gettin' a little off thread and promise I won't wander anymore. Ran into Donny this summer. He still looks very athletic, also ran into his sister in Colorado. She looks much better than Donny..enough said, I am done wandering. That happens when you get old!

Comment

Dan De La Hunt WAS the first soccer style kicker at State..was different to see the sideways approach. Dan had one of the memorable FGs in State hsitory. I think it was '75 Hobo Day vs USD. The U scored a TD to go ahead by a point with about a minute & 25 secs left in the game. State marched down the field with Dan DeLaFoot kicking about a 35 yd FG to win on the last play of the game ...and J4Life is just a youngster. PS. this jackrabbit did kick a few footballs in '73.

Comment

I was in the press box on the stats crew when DeLaHunt was kicking at the 75 Hobo Day game.

I recall DeLaFoot was from out east...Pennsylvania comes to mind. I also recall hearing up in the HPER Center that DeLaFoot sorta kept his own schedule. He was such a valuable member of the team that the coaches didn't dare tell him he had to always be at practice on time. Rumors had it that he'd show a little late and once in a while just not show. He wasn't a trouble maker...just had his own clock and calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                    Dan De La Hunt WAS the first soccer style kicker at State..was different to see the sideways approach. Dan had one of the memorable FGs in State hsitory. I think it was '75 Hobo Day vs USD. The U scored a TD to go ahead by a point with about a minute & 25 secs left in the game. State marched down the field with Dan DeLaFoot kicking about a 35 yd FG to win on the last play of the game ...and J4Life is just a youngster. PS. this jackrabbit did kick a few footballs in '73.
                    I know this continues off-topic, but was Greg Hart the quarterback on that drive? I remember the game, but trying to remember who quarterbacked. Also, yes, I am a youngster compared to you (by one year)...

Comment

I can not remember if it was Greg Hart or Bill Mast, who was from Tiffin, Ohio. Bill came to SDSU because he had relatives in the area and wanted to play QB. Now we can get back to Parker Douglass, a very fine place kicker and, I understand, young man!

Comment

Here's the question I have about Parker. Draft material? I would guess he's most likely headed down the free agent path, but who knows. Accurate kickers with a strong leg are not exactly easy to come by. Then again, most teams tend not to use a draft pick on kickers.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                          Here's the question I have about Parker. Draft material? I would guess he's most likely headed down the free agent path, but who knows. Accurate kickers with a strong leg are not exactly easy to come by. Then again, most teams tend not to use a draft pick on kickers.
                          He might be considered draft material. The Jets are one of a few teams I know that are looking at him.

Comment

someone with some free time should look into how many kickers were actually drafted last year. I have absolutely no basis aside from a wild guess here that the number would be less than 10 (including punters). I'd do it myself, but am supposed to getting some work done. ...I know

Comment

Very fewer kicker or punters get drafted. I would say the average is maybe one or two a year. Kickers usually receive invitations to attend camp.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X