USD - McNeese in Game Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD - McNeese in Game Thoughts

Well those that predicted that McNeese would roll right over the Coyotes are not quite accurate as of yet. Both teams had marginal success on offense but both did not score on their first two possessions.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: USD - McNeese in Game Thoughts

0-0 end of first quarter.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

7-0 McNeese. A bit of a break for McNeese. On a scramble the Cowboys get a TD pass that went right through the hands of the Coyote defender.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I have two comments on this one constructive one smacky

1. It is early, the real test will be in the 3rd and 4th quarter. During the first year of transition there were several games the Jacks lost that looked good early and then went to crap. I would withhold too much excitement until that point.

2. Who needs who more? During our games a random Jack fan may ask about a score but there certainly aren't any fans over on your board looking for someone to talk to. That is a bit lonely and sad.

All that being said, good luck in the rest of the game.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Just heard the score on my way to the hospital and its 21-0 McNeese St. Not sure what the clock shows. Sounds like USD will have to make some adjustments.

I know another FCS team that had a 21-0 lead at the half and I think they completed the shutout.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When it rains it pours. First USD snapped the ball over the punters head, and the punter kicks the ball out of the back of the endzone, which I thought was a good play. Turns out that not only did McNeese get the safety, they also got the ball first and goal at the one yard line, for illegal kicking. Apparantly the punter kicked the ball from the one yard line, which means the safety stands and the other team gets the ball from the spot of the kick. That was a 9 point play. Then the Coyotes get a good drive down to the two yard line. On first and goal they fumble and McNeese runs it back 70 yards. This isn't looking good at all, and the Coyotes are their own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
              When it rains it pours. First USD snapped the ball over the punters head, and the punter kicks the ball out of the back of the endzone, which I thought was a good play. Turns out that not only did McNeese get the safety, they also got the ball first and goal at the one yard line, for illegal kicking. Apparantly the punter kicked the ball from the one yard line, which means the safety stands and the other team gets the ball from the spot of the kick. That was a 9 point play. Then the Coyotes get a good drive down to the two yard line. On first and goal they fumble and McNeese runs it back 70 yards. This isn't looking good at all, and the Coyotes are their own worst enemy.
              I meant to say this on the other post but got called away. We trailed 17-6 at the half last year, made adjustments, and came back to win 20-17. Protect/value the ball, get a turnover or two and tighten up the special teams, crazy things might happen.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

The Coyotes are once again playing with McNeese but they are just not making the plays at the right times. USD is running the ball well against McNeese but they are not being opportunistic. Are the Yotes a bit intimidated by the situation?

SDSU fans will be all over the Coyotes and smacking them to death but I know USD can play with McNeese. They just need to relax and convert on their chances more. USD receivers are open down field and Shepard is missing them. Even when USD gets down to the 2 yard line they fumble. It's not a matter of a huge talent difference but moreso a matter of USD playing nervous or something to that effect. Those are the types of things that tend to go with the home team.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I may have been premature in saying that McNeese got the safety and the ball at the one. I heard the ref say it, I heard the announcers talking about it, and then I started making calls asking how the hell that could happen. However, it sounds like McNeese got the option of the safety or the ball at the one. That makes a lot more sense. I was wondering how the heck they could have gotten both. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                    7-0 McNeese. A bit of a break for McNeese. On a scramble the Cowboys get a TD pass that went right through the hands of the Coyote defender.
                    It's only a touch down when the pass stays 'in' the players hands.

Just another dumb @$$ USD fan....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bizon1 View Post
                      It's only a touch down when the pass stays 'in' the players hands.

Just another dumb @$$ USD fan....

Just making a simple statement. Nice way to introduce yourself fruitcake. Ban that guy immediately for namecalling.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

28-7 McNeese. Culhane says the game should be closer. But of course that's not how football works. SDSU should have won by 50+ today, but we only managed a 45-point shutout.

What's important to keep in mind, though, is that if the USD/McNeese game was played in the dome, USD would win by 47 kabillion points. That's why road games don't count in your win-loss record. Everybody knows that.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

McNeese 31-7.

Of course the fact that McNeese only scored 3 points on that last drive is proof that USD's defense would hold McNeese to negative 300 trillion points if the two teams played in the Dome.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Culhane: There were a number of plays that could have changed the outcome of this game.

JimmyJack: There were a number of things in history that could have happened, but didn't.

Ergo

USD is the greatest D2 football team ever to take the field on earth.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just heard the score on the way home, 31-7 McNeese. Cully says "The game is closer than the score reflects" or something like that.

It never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Working...
                              X