Another Jackrabbit in Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Jackrabbit in Heaven

Sometime last night, my uncle, Irwin Manley, passed away in his home in CA. He will be missed greatly. Irwin was a great supporter of SDSU. I'll never forgot him.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Another Jackrabbit in Heaven

Prayers and condolences from our family to yours.

Comment

My condolences as well. I am sure your family will miss him as will the SDSU community that knew him.

Where did Irwin grow up? And what year did he graduate from SDSU?

Comment

Irwin grew up in Arlington and was a member of the 1938 undefeated state basketball championship team. I am not sure of the year of his graduation from SDSU, as I believe military service interrupted it. He then went on to graduate from Duke law school, and for a time was the law librarian at USD.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Irwin grew up in Arlington and was a member of the 1938 undefeated state basketball championship team. I am not sure of the year of his graduation from SDSU, as I believe military service interrupted it. He then went on to graduate from Duke law school, and for a time was the law librarian at USD.
          I was not acquainted with Mr. Manley but I thought it worth mentioning that being the law librarian at a law school is an extremely important job and tells us a lot about Mr. Manley's abilities. The study and the practice of law depends on the library...even today when so much research is conducted through computers.

Comment

Working...
          X