Four new coaches Hired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four new coaches Hired

I am surpised some one had not posted this link, but I read about it in The Brookings Register yesterday.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1248689

Re: Four new coaches Hired

Great news I am glad to see that Reggie is going to receive help with coaching. He seems to be doing a great job and I hope that the new coaches will help continue with the success that SDSU's baseball program has had.

Comment

When this was announced I thought it seemed odd that they added that many positions. It turns out that the only real addition is 1 new graduate assistant. The other three (2 asst & 1 GA) were replacing members of the staff that left.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

If I'm not mistaken they are all still GA's. Reggie has no full time assistant coaches but hopes that is the next step in building the Rabbits baseball program. Hopefully he'll get qet a fulltime assistant within the next year.

Comment

I do believe that one of them is a full time assistant (Chris Smart was, I think). The other was and remains a relatively "unpaid" position as the person works for the grounds crew during the non baseball season and recieves some extra money from working camps and clinics.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Granted most of the four people have had some prior connection to SDSU baseball, but I read the press release that these four would now be receiving salaries as paid assistant coaches? Am I missing something here? In other words we are adding four paid assistants whether the people are connected or in off the street, it appears to me the budget for baseball will not include a salary for head coach and salaries for four assistant coaches.

Comment

Ritchie Price and Aaron Swick are graduate assistants, Jake Angier is a student assistant, and Matt Bowman is a volunteer assistant.
              For the past three years, there were only two assistants - one was Chris Smart, who was a graduate assistant, and the other was Pat Holmes, who was an assistant that worked maintenance at SDSU during the offseason.
              Holmes is now the G.A. at new conference foe Centenary, while Smart is the pitching coach at Indiana State.
              The only person full-time is Christiansen.

Comment

Originally posted by ivandrago View Post
                Ritchie Price and Aaron Swick are graduate assistants, Jake Angier is a student assistant, and Matt Bowman is a volunteer assistant.
                For the past three years, there were only two assistants - one was Chris Smart, who was a graduate assistant, and the other was Pat Holmes, who was an assistant that worked maintenance at SDSU during the offseason.
                Holmes is now the G.A. at new conference foe Centenary, while Smart is the pitching coach at Indiana State.
                The only person full-time is Christiansen.
                I guess what you are saying is that Christiansen is the only full FTE and the other four are partial FTE, but they are now getting a salary of some sort. I am sure its a boost for our program having staff whether they are part or fulltime employees. Baseball has shown a great deal of progress during the transition, and I hope Reggie stays with us for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X